Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:19 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

So proud of you fellow knights. Wish I could've been a part of the conquest, but oh well. You guys are great. We can with this!

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:17 pm
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

Lady Celestia approached the castle with anxiety, mounted on her her beautiful mare, Silverstreak. When she reached it, she dismounted and tied Silverstreak to a post. She entered the castle, hands shaking. She knew what she wanted. To become an honorable knight! "Lady Celestia, the (haven't yet decided that part of the title) Knight", She thought. It sounded impressive to her. Finally, Lady Celestia approached the steps that lead to Great Hall, where the decision would be made. Holding up her split skirt so that she wouldn't trip, she ascended the stairs slowly. "What if the king and queen did not think her worthy of the title knight? What if the other knights of the kingdom did not approve?", She worried. "I must not do this. I can succeed", She insisted to herself. Reaching the top, she began to quietly make her way across the hall to the thrones. Soon she stopped, bowing in reverence to the royalty there. Rising she held her hands. In them, she held the evidence of all her hard work, loyalty, strength, and sacrifices to get here. She held out all she had in that evidence. She fervently hoped that the king and queen would believe her worthy of the title "Knight".

1. Untitled Work 3

2. Poems 2

3. Is It a Dream? Chapter 4 Meeting the king

4. The Ring

5. Untitled Work 4

6. Free Me From The Masquerade

7. Is It a Dream? Chapter 5 Making a run for it

8. You Could Have...But You Didn't

9. The Key of Autus, Chap. 5-6

10. Ants With Cameras

11. Memories in the Making (A Homecoming Story)

The King and Queen took the evidence, examining it, then passing it along to the other knights. She was sent out of the room, and a short meeting took place. Soon, Lady Celestia was called back. At her entrance, everyone rose. But before she could get her response, they all heard an agonized scream from outside. Instinctively, everyone rushed out. They saw the problem immediately. A short distance from the castle, a masked man rode a dark horse, trying to keep hold of a squirming, screaming young in front of him on the saddle. Quickly unfastening the reins, Celestia leaped onto Silverstreak, urging the mare into a gallop after the retreating pair. As a young fillie, Silverstreak quickly caught up with the older, less spry horse. Reaching out, Celestia grabbed the frightened girl, and put the poor child behind her. She then reached out and pulled on the reins of the other horse, as well as bring her own to a stop. Swiftly jumping down to the ground to meet the angry kidnapper, Squire Celestia took him down and tied him with ropes from her saddle bags. Turning both horses around she walked back to the crowd that had gathered around the castle and returned the girl to her anxious mother. After once again tying her horse to a post, Celestia walked back to where the the royalty and knights. Hope shined in her eyes, awaiting her response. "Surely, surely after this act I will be allowed to become a knight" She thought. The Queen had a look of admiration on her face, as if she wished she could do that, while the King simply had a slight smile playing around his lips and reassuring eyes fixed on her. After what seemed to be an eternity, but was really only a few seconds, he opened his mouth to speak. Lady Celestia's stomach did cartwheels. 'What will he say? I do hope he will have that title of "knight" She thought to herself...
Last edited by PeanutPhoebe on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 pm
View Likes
PeanutPhoebe says...

sorry, got a few typos in there:/ forgot to preview it!!
Keep Writing!

PeanutPhoebe

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:31 am
Hannah says...

Alright, honorable Knights and Squires.
You have about twelve or so hours to get in your results from this review day before they're all awarded in a big bunch. I mean, you can count up your spoils at any time and still be rewarded, but updating all at once is more fun for me. It's like throwing around piles of treasure!

Make sure your lists are updated accurately with the number of Green Room Reviews!

Reminders especially to: Squire @StefanosVorkas, Squire @Maia, Squire @aqua1213.

All new knights will be given titles, all existing knights will be awarded with due badges, and there will be much celebration all around as we receive an update on our long-awaited library.

You have time now to gather the pieces and records from the battlefield.

Well fought.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 am
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

Knight Teen was highly unprepared for this review day, as recently she was kidnapped by a sorcerer. The sorcerer poisoned the lovely Knight, stopping her from returning home and preventing her from entering the wood.

Being a Healer, Teen managed to make an antidote rather quickly, although she was left feeling very weak.

Upon returning, she discovered her home in utter chaos. Two squadrons made up of Knights and commoners, side by side and yet at the same time fighting against each other. She can't really tell what in the name of ink is going on, but having previously been assigned to the Rouges by the Writing Gods, Teen draws her sword, takes a deep breath, and leaps into the fray.

She fights sluggishly, but with a purpose: to conquer as many of the beasts as she can.
It is not long before Teen is knocked unconscious and dragged to the field medic.

After several hours of rest, she jumps up from her bed and rushes back onto the battle field. In her sleep/drug induced stupor, she may or may not have resorted to striking beasts already dead.

And when the dust settles and it is all over, she steps into line behind the other Knights to detail her conquests to her commander.

Sheridan Holmes: A Scandel from Buffalo PART 14

Sheridan Holmes: A Scandel from Buffalo PART 15

Sheridan Holmes: A Scandel from Buffalo PART 16

Sheridan Holmes: A Scandel from Buffalo PART 17

Sheridan Holmes: A Muslim's Fate PART 18

Sheridan Holmes: A Muslim's Fate PART 19

Winter's end.

Me (for lack of a better title)

Memories

What I Am

Doom Making It's Way.

All the Sheridan Holmes beasts were still alive at the time Teen struck them, the others she simply beheaded to insure that they had perished. Still, she includes them in her report all the same, and adds the newest editions of the Sheridan clan to her total kill count, the record of which she is currently updating as it has been over a month since she has been able to sit down with ink and quill and add to her list.
Last edited by KnightTeen on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Hey, I'm sure everyone is review-weary, but the Green Room already has a few new posts in it. Now is the time to strike. we can easily take out those posts if even just 10-15 knights give 1 review. I may no be able to give any at the moment because of it turning night here, but I assure you I will tomorrow.
For the Knights of the Green Room!

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

TheMessenger wrote:Hey, I'm sure everyone is review-weary, but the Green Room already has a few new posts in it. Now is the time to strike. we can easily take out those posts if even just 10-15 knights give 1 review. I may no be able to give any at the moment because of it turning night here, but I assure you I will tomorrow.
For the Knights of the Green Room!

Our work never ends.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 am
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

Knight Dragon stands with limbs quivering from exhaustion, his eyes blinded by the stream of sweat pouring off his forehead. He leans heavily upon his lance, using it to help him gulp in air from the intense action of the field that day. So many Green Room reviews...and then the field was cleared. So more works beckoned, though no longer in the Green Room still thin and gangly, needing reviews. The Review Day ended, but not the Knights' work. With that in mind, Knight Dragon reentered the treacherous Green Room, only to have a work rescued while his hands were reaching out to pull the work from the muck. Thus, he discovers his Green Girdle. I am me

With eyes still blurry from fatigue, he rushes out to save more works, and yet is careful to set his footing before trying to help, lest his assistance become a hindrance to the endangered work.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Dragon, If you are on in the morning then I will work with you. If not later in the day. Can't wait.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Out of the dust of review day come many great spoils for the Honorable Knights of the Green Room. First, no great feast would be complete without recognizing every single Knight and Squire who contributed to the great victory over a teaming Green Room. Find in the scroll below the list of the honorable warriors, by order of contribution.

Knight Dragon (@dragonfphoenix), Knight Malachi (@TheMessenger), Knight @Blackwood, Knight Attack (@PenguinAttack), Knight @Cailey, Knight Celestia (@PeanutPhoebe), Knight @Iggy, Knight Shino (@Paracosm), Knight Teen (@HomeschooledTeen), Knight Louis (@LouisCypher), Squire Yubbies (@yubbies21), Knight @Fortis the Fortieth, Knight Nite (@niteowl), Knight @skorlir, Knight Ariana (@ajruby12), Squire @StefanosVorkas, Squire @Morkish, Knight Black (@BlackNether12), Knight Arctic (@ArcticMonkey), Squire @Snoink, Squire @Maia, Knight Eloquent (@EloquentDragon), Knight @Aley, Squire @racket, and Knight @Sapi.

If any names have been forgotten or misattributed, forgive our scribes. They, too, were busy on review day and haven't even managed to secure an oven for our kitchens yet.

Next, we most warmly welcome the newest member to our ranks who rides in with grace and shows tenderness that befits a protector of this realm. With ten duly-won battles behind her, Knight Celestia becomes part of the company and the room is filled with cheers.

Knight Celestia

The night is especially joyous as Knight Hannah returns from a long solo ride with a chest of silver on the back of trusty Tuck. She lugs it into the main hall and declares,

"With this, fine chestnut bookshelves for the library we shall soon have! With this, no more waiting for the ovens for the kitchen -- we can buy them ourselves!"

And the night dissolved into happiness, food, and friendship.

Now, announcements from the secretaries:
Please mention here if you think you weren't awarded a badge that you should have been. There was a lot to catch up on, so I hope I didn't miss anything!

Knight Ariana (@ajruby12) -- I'm not sure if you've been doing Green Room reviews or just adding to the story, because I can't see anywhere that you've linked all the reviws that you've done! It would be super helpful if you could refer to the Knight Roster on the front page. Right before your name on that list is an arrow that's a link to your first post. Edit this with your new reviews so we can keep track of what you've done and award you accordingly!

Also, Knight Teen (@HomeschooledTeen), I'll wait until I give the word to update your badges -- I'm not sure if you've finished catching up with your records yet.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm
Hannah says...

Just another update on the Honorable Contest Reviews and Entries.

Entries have closed, so all we have left to do is clear out this list! Please remember to mention when you review one of these contest entries. (:

Let's serve our community with determination, loyalty, and knowledge as always!

I want to be punished no more, Daddy. -- needs 2 reviews
Flares -- needs 2 reviews
All I See Is A World Torn By War -- needs 1 review
The Biting Game: Alice's Story. -- needs 2 reviews
The Fluke Kingdom -- needs 3 reviews
Ferrozine Woman -- needs 2 reviews
10 Extremely Helpful Tips to Surviving (Most of) High School -- needs 2 reviews
The Story of the Grave -- needs 2 reviews
Sunsets -- needs 3 reviews
I had warned you. -- needs 3 reviews
The Seven Crows -- needs 3 reviews

Total Reviews Remaining: 25

Knights eligible for the MC3 badge: @Jonathan, @niteowl, @HomeschooledTeen, @fortis, @Hannah, @BlackNether12, @Rydia, @dragonfphoenix, @TheMessenger

Pieces that have already received the 3 promised reviews, but are still eligible to be reviewed if Knights want to become eligible for the Main Challenge Badge:

Spoiler! :

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:48 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

I clicked on sunsets and was like "Oh, that is mine."

663 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:56 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

I got Foxtrot.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:15 pm
View Likes
whitewolfpuppy says...

As Lady Onyx made her way towards the castle on her lovely mare. She looks down at her trusty mare, gently patting the side of her neck. Showing some affection towards the mare, she mutters to her. "What do you think Midnight? Think we will fit in here?" Seeing as how Midnight was silent, she gave a deep sigh. Once approaching the castle, she slides off of the mare to the right of her, taking the reins, and tying them to a post. Giving her one last pat and a smile, Lady Onyx headed towards the castle. Standing tall, she made her way towards the King and Queen of the land in idea of being a noble knight. Though she stood tall with pride, she still had fear. She was afraid they would reject her, though she didn't let it ruin her mood too much. Holding her hands behind her back to keep them from shaking. She approaches the great hall, making her way towards the thrones. She stops just before them, giving them a polite bow before rising to offer them her evidence.

1. Desperado

2. What do you do?

3. How I Love You

4. The Painless Grip

5. Verdigris

6. The Boy

7. My Vice

8. Here We Are

9. The wolf that's ready to run

10. the story of Benjamin a slave boy

Once giving them the evidence, she bows once more. Slowly taking her leave of the King and Queen until she was called back. She makes her way out of the castle, her body shaking violently. She was nervous, she so deeply wanted to be a Knight. Once making her way back to Midnight, she gives the mare a treat for waiting for her. Then taking her to a stables to be cleaned. She stayed close to the castle if she were to be called back in front of the King and Queen, hopefully she would.
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

After regaining order amidst the post-Review Day chaos, Knight Dragon returned to the Green Room for more reviews. Finding only one lonely work to be rescued, he did so, and for the third time saw Image Now, perhaps such a feat does not count towards finding a Golden Goose, but the Knight thought it fitting to post such a tangible reminder of why the Knights serve, and to leave a monument as to what the bottom of the miry bog looks like, for days when the Hydra has arisen again and defies the best, most loyal, and fiercest group of Knights. He did this under the advice of the age-old adage, "Take a picture. It lasts longer." Thus he leaves the monument, as a vivid reminder for Knights both young and old.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer