z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 pm
View Likes
Wherethewindgoes says...

After doing battle with the horrible beasts of green, the Knight of the Wind realizes a better weapon is required to slay them as fast as possible, and thus strives to acquire a sword, which shall be dubbed Atmospheric Pressure.

11.work.php?id=99583
12.work.php?id=99655
13.work.php?id=99599
14.work.php?id=99883
15.work.php?id=99705
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:56 am
View Likes
dogs says...

welp whoopsi, I've been slacking on posting all the reviews I've given to the green room. Here are my recent ones:

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Last edited by dogs on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:59 am, edited 8 times in total.
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Knight Lady Shady from the second page would like to claim her helm, and dub it "Concussion".

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

Hannah wrote:
Spoiler! :
Should be caught up with everything. GPG did you have another post where you were keeping track of everything? I can't find it.

I thought I did but I couldn't find it... shall I just use the one on page 11?

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 am
View Likes
Trident says...

The merchant, Grumpkin Goldcoffers of the Far-Lands has come to visit the castle bearing treasures of immeasurable wealth. Nobles, royalty, and knights alike have come to see the wonders, and at the right price, possess them.

While Sir Trident had little to spend on his steed, Timid, the Warrior Mule, his last venture fighting off the Spittle-gnomes proved to be quite profitable. Small golden coins spilled from the tiny creatures as they ran away.

"I see you eyeing that piece," Grumpkin Goldcoffers said, motioning toward a set of platemail.

"It is impressive," Sir Trident replied. "Though I am not convinced it has the same appeal as your other wondrous wares."

"I knew the armorer back in the Far-Lands. He assured me that no pike will pierce that armor. And," Goldcoffers said, "the wearer need not wash his body ever again."

"Sold," Sir Trident said, handing the merchant his gnome-gold.

And so Sir Trident had acquired the Platemail of Unwashed Bodies.
Perception is everything.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm
Hannah says...

Ewww, Trident. hahaha.

I thought I did but I couldn't find it... shall I just use the one on page 11?

Yes, let's! 8D
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 pm
View Likes
Paracosm says...

After a few mediocre-ly fought battles, Knight Shino returned to town desiring a sword with some nifty title. Thus, he scoured the land in search of a blade befitting him. After stumbling upon a katana forged from steel, he cried man tears from his toe, and promptly purchased the blade from the inept merchant who had left it lying in Shino's path.

Spoiler! :
1. work.php?id=99451
2. work.php?id=99466
3. work.php?id=99465
4. work.php?id=99470
5. work.php?id=99527
6. work.php?id=99754
7. work.php?id=99746
8. work.php?id=99684
9. work.php?id=99684
10. work.php?id=97041
11. work.php?id=99870#c350208
12. work.php?id=99872#c350203
13. work.php?id=99876#c350199
14. work.php?id=99905#c350194
15. work.php?id=99903#c350190
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 am
View Likes
Wherethewindgoes says...

With a newly-acquired sword, the Knight of the Wind is able to slay the beasts of the Green Room faster than ever; however, the horrid beasts fight back, leaving the wounded knight no choice but to, in the interest of safety, temporarily dash away from the battle to grab a shield named The String of My Kite (which the knight may, when guidance is needed, stop holding), slaying five more beasts on the way.

But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:28 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Both sword and shield have been rewarded!

Knights, I call for a valiant push on review day. Let us restore the Green Room to the clarity it had once upon a February 4th-or-5th-I'm-not-quite-sure!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

I would like to lay waste claim to a village on page two!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am
View Likes
Soulkana says...

Squire Soul, reporting xD Working on those reviews!
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

And squire noni of page the eighth steps forth from the underbrush of the green room with a small roll of parchment in her hand. Revealing the 10 green room pieces written in green ink upon the page, she speaks.

"It has been a long and tiring month, but after many works and toil, I am hereby to be dubbed, Sir Knight Captain Noni!"
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am
View Likes
Littlewing says...

Squire Littlewing, reporting for duty!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:56 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Squire Auxiira from page 3 would like to claim her knighthood and her sword, which she names Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Knight Auxiira was walking in the Dark Forest when she noticed that it had become ... darker and the shrubbery, thicker. She was in the Long Forgotten Outer Lands. Drawing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, she advanced cautiously, not quite sure what to expect. Suddenly, a beautifully described creature leapt in front of her. Knight Auxiira was loathe to kill this radiant creature, but kill it she did, thanking the Gods for the animal's sacrifice and taking some bloodied shrubbery from the surrounding the area to commemorate the kill.
(work.php?id=96916)
Last edited by Auxiira on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

The Knight Rydia verily did walk from place to place and slay many a beast but after one particularly nasty battle, a shoe in the bottom of her boot caused her much agony and upon finally returning to the town, the Knight Rydia laid down on her bed and did not rise again for three whole days!

"I must have a horse!" the knight declared when finally she limped from her chambers and that very day she took to the stables and examined every beast they had there.

"Which will you have?" the stable master asked, with a yawn.

"None shall do, they are not right!" The Lady Knight declared. "This one is so dark I am afraid I would lose him in the night and that one so bad tempered, she would bite a passing child, while the grey mare is the most skittish creature I ever did see."

"Well I have no more," the stable master told her so, disappointed, the knight went away. She returned home, lifted up her sword and helm and set off once again for the outerlands with the knowledge that it would be a long and hard journey and she would struggle to bring back any trophies (so how could she possibly hunt a boar) or to rescue people suffering from fatigue and distress.

But as the Knight walked, she passed a field and saw there a horse so beautiful it almost broke her heart. The creature was a dappled grey with a fair, soft mane like silver sunlight. The Knight Rydia was transfixed and ran speedily to the door of a neighbouring farmhouse to request who owned the horse.

The answer provided was that the horse had been bought as the gift for the daughter but proved too independent of will and not suitable. She was to be returned to market the next day, but upon hearing this, Knight Rydia swiftly offered money for her, but was denied. "Oh no, we would not take money from a knight," the gentleman answered, scratching his chin. "But. We have been bothered by fierce wolves of late."

Knight Rydia would not be perturbed and swiftly a bargain was struck and so eager and lovestruck was the Lady that she turned around that very night and without gathering further supplies, but not before patting the horse fondly on her neck, she set out into the woods to deal with the wolves.

It was a bloody and savaged knight who returned to the town the next day, cradled on the back of a horse who had bravely bolted from her fencing when she heard the cry of the wounded woman and had lifted her hooves to stomp down on the head of a savage wolf.

Knight Rydia decided to name her Bubbles for the markings on her back and her gentle but effervescent nature.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank