z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:41 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

... do shrubberies count as a review towards a helm?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 am
View Likes
DragonGirl11 says...

Greetings, good knights! I, Squire DragonGirl11, hereby announce my quest to become a Knight of the Green Room. I hope that in said quest, and the quests for honour and badges thereafter I will be encouraged to review for the fun of it - and for the stars.

1. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99714
2. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=97803
3. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=101495
4. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=101535
5. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=117469
Last edited by DragonGirl11 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

The Green Room Horizon has been restored to its former glory by the wellspring of power that flows from each YWS Squire or Knight's heart. Again empty, again safe, the kingdom welcomes the many new Knights that joined ranks with their brothers on this auspicious day.

Image Image Image

Knight Soul, Knight Noni, Knight Auxiira

Spoiler! :
Yes, they do, Auxiira! All counts are cumulative, and once you become a knight you can do as many at the same time as you'd like.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

67 Reviews

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Knight Hannah, I also have a shrubbery...

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Knight Black reporting for duty.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by StoneHeart on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 18 times in total.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 am
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

I've decided to begin my quest for knighthood ^u^

1.http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=100011
~
2.http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=100040
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Last edited by wordsandwishes on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

67 Reviews

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I will recite my quest from the beginning.

Having joined the knighthood after ten grueling battles, Knight Auxiira set forth on another battles before deciding that she desperately needed a sword if she was to survive. She made her way to the local armory, which she knew was of respectable repute. They quickly fitted her out with a sword called Lævateinn that was said to have belonged to the Norse godess, Freyr.

The Knight's next battle saw her in the Long Forgotten Outer Lands, fighting a forgotten foe (work.php?id=96916) and snagging a sprig of shrubbery on her way.
Whilst questing through the kingdom of green, Knight Auxiira heard tales of a boar that threatened a village. Making her speedy way on foot to the village, the Knight then gathered information and made her way into the bush wielding her trusty Lævateinn. It was a gruelling combat and the foe was riddled with tense inconsistencies and lack of detail but Knight Auxiira persevered and returned to the village carrying the Boar's (work.php?id=100026) head.

Upon arrival, the villager's were struck by the Knight's lack of shield.
"Noble Knight, have you no shield to protect yourself from your foe's attacks?" the village chief asked.
"Unfortunately, I do not have the gold to obtain one." The Knight replied, remembering the wounds of battles past.
"We have one here that we will give you in recognition of your deeds, then," replied the chief. He presented her with the shield.
"Has it a name?" inquired Knight Auxiira, admiring the nordic designs that decorated the shield.
"Svalinn, sir Knight."
The Knight thanked the villagers and made her way to quest for a helm.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Congratulations Knight Soul, Knight Noin, and Knight Auxiira!

You've done something I have yet to manage. I am proud to serve all of these fine Knights as a squire (still).

Today I have made headway and I have gotten to 45 on my review count! I have no idea what it is about this that is so much harder than when I was challenged on a personal level to do 10 reviews in one day. Perhaps it is just because everyone is being so much more diligent about getting everything reviewed. I have lost two reviews to other Knights. Alas on fair Audy's Lands I suffered defeat by Dogs, Penguin, and Audy herself all commenting before I could make a stand, but the true blow came from Veer and Dogs in Sparkle's Forest. They found and defeated the foe much faster than I could imagine drawing my blade, then as I came upon the battle field anew, ready thus to surge forth in my war, I found the carcass thus. So, here I am, a squire still.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 am
View Likes
guineapiggirl says...

Knight Pig of Guinea would like a sword please (page 11). I can't think of a name yet, but I'll try and think of one soon... Squeak Silencer?

I don't know if this counts as a reasonable amount of time for the starting a piece when it's in the green room but being beaten by other people, but I began battle with this piece yesterday evening when there were no reviews then was overwhelmed by illness and sickness and had to retire from the battlefield, only to find it had been vanquished by the time I awoke and finished the review.
work.php?id=100033

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 pm
Wherethewindgoes says...

A harsh wind blew through the forest as the knight of the same name fended off another blow from the monstrous beast. The knight jumped backwards and scrambled up the brambled slope. There had been five green foes originally, but now there was only one, the rest felled by the hand of Atmospheric Pressure.

A claw sliced through the air, and the knight was not fast enough to avoid it cutting a gash across the knight's face.

After bringing the green-hued monster down with a swipe of a sword, the knight slowly made the knight's way to the nearest village.

"Lo!" called a peddler. "What injury hath been given unto thee?"

"Tis only a scratch," replied the knight. "But the beast that gave it to me almost took my eye out!"

"Ah," said the peddler, "I have just the thing." His head disappeared behind his cart, and the knight heard the sounds of muffled scraping and the ringing of metal. Finally the peddler got to his feet, brandishing a helmet that glinted in the sun. "The strongest helmet ever forged by human hands," he said. "It will serve you well."

"And what is the cost, fine peddler?"

"For the mighty deed of defending the horizon, it shall be yours!"

"Thank you, Good Sir." The knight donned the helmet and was turning to go when the peddler said, "Wait, fine knight! The helmet must be named, as per tradition!"

The knight pulled off the helmet and spun it. "Breeze, I think. Yes. That shall be its name."

With Breeze to protect from further injuries, the knight plunged back into the forest to face the literary foes of green.

The knight traversed the forest, meeting very few foes along the way. The Day of Reviewing, in which all people took up arms against the green room beasts, had emptied most of the forest.

Suddenly, a call for help reached the ears of the knight.

The knight spun, pinpointing the direction of the call, and began to run, crashing through the underbrush. As the knight ran further and the calls grew louder, buildings came into view.

It was a village, and 'twas being attacked by ten large beasts constructed of paper. Words pranced across their skin, telling flowing tales riddled with comma splices and incorrectly punctuated dialogue.

"Do not fear," called the knight, "for I have come hither to save thee!"

The fight was fierce, but in the end the dust cleared to leave the ten beasts felled, the knight standing on top of them with Atmospheric Pressure thrust into the ground.

Cheers greeted the knight's victory. "We are forever indebted to thee," cried the mayor. "Is there nothing which we can repay you?"

"I almost did not get here in time," said the knight. "Do you have a horse, perhaps?"

"Of course!" The mayor led the knight to the stables and grabbed the reins of a tall grey mare. "The fastest we have."

"Thank you, Fine Sir. I shall name this noble steed 'The Hill'."

"A good choice, for certain."

The knight vaulted into the saddle. "Fare thee well, fine villagers!"

"Wait!" the mayor cried. "I do not even know thy name! Who is the knight who has saved our people?"

The knight turned back. "I am of the wind, Fine Sir, and nothing more." With that, the knight raised a hand in farewell and galloped away.
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm
StoneHeart says...

Quest for a sword.

11.work.php?id=100052
12.work.php?id=100059
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am
Hannah says...

Okay! Everything should be updated now~

Knight Black and Knight of the Wind, if you would keep all your updates in your original post, that would make finding them easier. I can't award your helmet, village, or horse, Knight of the Wind, until I see your record. c:

Check out some of the examples on the first page. I've linked to your original post in the little arrow doo-dads on the Knight Roster, so you can see what post I'm linking to.

Also, that description of the comma-beasts was awesome~

92 Reviews

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 am
Hannah says...

Knight of the Wind, did you win a village badge, or was the village just featured in your story?

92 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 am
View Likes
Wherethewindgoes says...

Oh, that was just in the story. I didn't win a village.
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind