z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 am
FermentingFruit says...

Hannah wrote:And no, but you do get a shiny new badge in the process. < 3

Darn, but at least I have one that I bet nobody else has :)
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 am
FermentingFruit says...

Scratch that, quite a few people have that lol
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:37 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Our current stats:

We have 12 / 25 knights.

We have 342 / 600 reviews.

We have 3 / 5 horses.

And there are works with 0 reviews posted as recently as Nov 21, 2012.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 am
View Likes
Pigeon says...

The fifth part is the last! Now and always! I may edit, on Kyll's advice, but nothing could ever persuade me to write more of that mess.
Reader, what are you doing?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

The fifth part is the last! Now and always! I may edit, on Kyll's advice, but nothing could ever persuade me to write more of that mess.

Thank you, Pigeon! I'll go award your town badge now, Kyll.
Did you want a separate village and town, or is it like the evolution of the same village!? I want a name! I wanna come party in your villagetown, Knight Kyllorac! xD

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 am
View Likes
Kale says...

To my eye, the village and town, though close and merged, are distinct entities.

The village is Squabville, named after their choicest export.

The town where their wayward mayor resides, gone off to war with words and wit in the far-distant lands of Debate, is known as Columbaton.

Their stories, as all other stories of my exploits, shall be related at a later date. After the Attack of Penguins has been soundly defeated, once and for all!
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hark, doth mine fine eye deceive me, or is that Shrubbery I see? I have caught it in mine hot little hand and crushed the roots.

Now to crush the foolish uprising.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite headed toward the Outer Lands, when suddenly she spotted a Wild Boar! This beast was branded as a creature of the Fantasy herd, but...was that...did it have...Aye, it did! A two-headed beast, two stories inelegantly merged into one. Knight Nite's sword and shield were mighty, but would they be enough to handle this? But she persevered, and the Beast was defeated, surrounded by shrubs.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=97534
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

And lo, Knight Lauren of the Lands to the Past trudged through the wilderness that stretched beyond the comfort of the Green Room she had known so dearly for so long. Yet, she was proud to blaze forth and vanquish the demons that remained.

Deep in the wilderness, she encountered a terrible foe of the past. With her long-trusted wooden training sword, a memento of her long lost Squirehood, at hand she tumbled into the undergrowth to face her enemy. After many hours of struggle, she at last emerged triumphant with a grand piece of that shrubbery to adorn her quarters in the magnificent castle she regarded as home. Yet, she had lost her beloved training weapon in the fight.

As she traversed the wilderness toward home, reluctant to journey forth without a reliable weapon, she came upon a lone travelling smith. Together they forged the most astonishing weapon, an opulent silver masterpiece Knight Lauren quickly dubbed Time. She thus entrusted her shrub with the smith, who promised to deliver it faithfully to Knight Lauren's homeland, and returned to the great wilderness battle at hand.
Got YWS?

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
Searria H. says...

I hereby announce my squireship. I pray Ye noble knights may accept me and let me polish thine horse's saddles until I too may achieve knightly status.
-Sea-

*panting* Squire Sea reporting for knighthood. *kneels*

Knight Sea sets forth to find her own sword in a stone...or shrubbery.

Feeling slightly unbalanced with a sword in one hand, Knight Sea searches for a shield to hold in the other.

And the quest for the helmet begins!

26. It Was Only Just A Dream
27. Chapter 1: Dramatic demon and dastard spirit
28. Contentment
29. Psychohomichlophobia
30. Life.
31. Preventing The End Of The World ii
Last edited by Searria H. on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am, edited 31 times in total.
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:48 am
View Likes
Trident says...

Armed with the Blade of Ill-Repute, Sir Trident stood at the entrance of an ancient temple dedicated to some forgotten forest spirit. Perhaps it was a troll or something, who knows.

He had heard rumors of a shield hidden within, one that would help protect him from the barbs of the deadly Grammer-hound. The beast's error was glaring, but each time a knight tried to correct it, the hound shot a wave of pin-sharp barbs.

This new shield would stop all that.

Two pillars stood before him, one with an ancient "A" and the other with an ancient "E". Considering the letter "E" turned sideways resembled Sir Trident's name, he touched the letter.

Both pillars immediately vanished and in their place laid a small buckler. The shield he had desired was nearly the length of a knight's body; "E" was apparently not the correct choice.

Nonetheless, Sir Trident now had his shield, The Buckler of Folly, and was ready to slay more beasts. The Grammer-hound would be put in its place.

20th review!: work.php?id=99627
Last edited by Trident on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Perception is everything.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:05 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Squire Emerson reporting.

1. work.php?id=99633
2. work.php?id=99818
3. work.php?id=99817
4. work.php?id=99810
5. work.php?id=99820
6. work.php?id=99693
7. work.php?id=100101
8. work.php?id=100100
9. work.php?id=100032
Last edited by Emerson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
Trident says...

Sir Trident had been off the cider for a few days and was regretting every moment of it as he bumbled down the hallway.

How did a knight function without a bit of drink?

"My lord," his squire said as he watched Sir Trident shank his hip on the corner of a table. "Might I assist you?"

"Ah, leave off!" Sir Trident groaned, nursing his hip. The squire left, but he feared the brave knight might hurt himself if he wasn't tended to.

An hour later, the armorer came, helmet in hand. "My lord, we are worried you would cause yourself harm due to your sobriety. This helmet is a gift from the queen, who wishes you to survive should you fall over. She insists you wear it."

And so it was that Sir Trident donned the Helm of Unwise Temperance.

25 reviews!
Perception is everything.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:38 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite, checking in to report that she has now fought 25 creatures of the Green Room and has now earned a helmet! And in continuance with the tradition of Knights naming their rewards, she shall bestow upon it the name Ursa Major, after the most identifiable constellation of the night sky.

Edit: My scroll of valiant reviewing deeds doth lie on page 2.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 pm
Hannah says...

Just a quick reminder to all aspiring squires: as per the current mission (and really the definition of a Green Room Review), you are not limited to works only found in the Green Room. All Outer Lands reviews (works older than what the Green Room holds) count toward your review score!

:D

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince