Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

The twenty work barrier has been broken!

There are 0 works with 0 reviews and 16 works with 1 review in the Green Room.

The end is in sight. Our foes are scattered across the field, and with determination, loyalty, and knowledge we can and will vanquish them.

In the mean time, all badges should have been updated. Please check and let me know if there are any concerns. c:
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

My fellow Knight, I do believe I have earned my sword. I have rescued 15 fair works from the perils of the Green Room and am on the next quest to earn my shield.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 am
Hannah says...

You're right, and how did I not notice you hot on my tail on all of those works? You should find it easier to do battle with your new sword, brave Knight Nite. Fight on! c:

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 am
View Likes
Trident says...

Sir Trident runs to the armory; this is no normal battle. Fierce-shrieking harpy-toads have begun to invade the castle and he is needed in the Lowtown to defend the cityfolk. He spies a set of netted chainmail next to a beautiful polished cuirass.

Which should he take?

The beak of the harpy-toad might easily pierce between the links of the chainmail, but its sticky tongue would more easily stick to the solid cuirass. What was a poor knight to choose?

It was then that his young squire came to meet him in the armory. "My lord, the harpy-toads are defeated. Knight Nite parried left and stabbed right on all of them most effectively. It seems they are not very smart."

"What misfortune!" Sir Trident exclaimed.

"Knight Nite was most valiant, screaming 'Knighty-Nite!' as they were slain."

For Sir Trident, the choice between chainmail and cuirass was no longer a matter of importance. Apparently, he would be wearing his green girdle this evening while entertaining.

work.php?id=99544#c348611
Perception is everything.

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

We are in the realm of the final ten.

There are 2 works with 0 reviews and 8 works with 1 review in the Green Room.

376 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 am
View Likes
Trident says...

This article seems to be removed: work.php?id=98970

Perhaps an evil wizard has whispered incantations in order to prevent the ultimate victory. *POOF* Just like that and the work is gone!

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

376 Reviews

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 am
View Likes
Trident says...

While meeting a soothsayer of ill repute, Sir Trident was informed of a great beast who would terrorize the outer villages. There had been tales of its size and ferocity, but as Sir Trident had threatened that some embarrassing knowledge about the soothsayer might become public if he didn't speak up, he knew the man was telling the truth.

And so after confiscating the soothsayer's sword, the Blade of Ill-Repute, Sir Trident was able to fend off the Vampiric Boar of Old. For stories about vampires tired the poor knight to no end, it was the toughest battle of his knighthood.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=96709#p1116831

work.php?id=99160&sid=19857a1dee61a110329268353794de92#c348638
Last edited by Trident on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Crawling through the muck of a low lying river, Knight Attack sighed with genuine sadness that she had not armour with which to defend her excellent limbs. Not moments ago, during a particularly boisterous battle with a pack of snarling wolves, Attack had been driven back. Acknowledging their superior numbers, and her own lack of protection, she had dived off the small cliff, landing side first into the shallow water.

Slowly, as the pain subsided and the snuffling of humoured wolves pattered away, Attack began the climb to where her shield and sword lay. Buttercup guarded her weaponry jealously, taking a large bite out of a close flying butterfly before it could touch the gritty gear.

"My lovely beastie" Attack sighed and shook mud from her last respectable jerkin, "I believe my only recourse is to attend that merchant in the city, or perhaps the crown armoury."

Buttercup snorted as Attack climbed wearily onto her back and danced impatiently as she settled. In moments, Attack was ready and they were on their way toward the city, mud flicking from the ends of their hair.

The armoury smelt of hot metal, grease and sand. Knight Attack drew in a deep breath and grinned, there were all manner of beautiful suits before her. She was particularly enamoured with a black plated affair, decorated in red decal and plumage when the armourer wandered over. He looked her up and down several times, enough for the young knight to bristle and turn her nose up in distaste.

"That one isn't for you, lass." He jerked his head to the right, where the glint of newly polished metal was partial obscured by a large strip of leather. "You'll find sommat over there."

Still unsettled by the matter of fact assessment, Attack strode toward the other end of the room. There a fine silver set sat on its stand, the simple gold calligraphy lined three embosses slashes on the right breast. The gold trimming continued on all parts of the armour, still bright as she came near. The man sniffed and knocked the plate with a knuckle.

"Best you'll get, lass. Though maybe it's not for you."

Attack traced the sharp angles on the chestplate and grinned "looks like it might fit."

"She's called lightning, obviously" He knocked again on the three slashes and Attack realised they were bolts of lightning and her mind was made up.

"Don't worry about packaging it, I'll wear it out."
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

I shall likely be a phlegmatic squire in every sense of the word.

Battle the First:
1. Timeless Love
2. The Roads of Marceris Ch.8 (1/2)
3. The Roads of Marceris Ch.8 (2/2)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

My knights, we are down to the final five works of the Green Room.
The days of rampant un-reviewed works are in their sunset (and I should hope for good). Five remain, barring the removed work at the bottom of the list.

As we near the end of the battle, I think it will be prudent of me to remark that all current knights will receive the Main Challenge tapestry badge for their parts in this impending victory. In addition, all Squires with at least one review at the end of our battle will be eligible to receive their tapestry badge when they are eligible for title.

Let us bring timeless love, Part Four of Effy's War, Chapter Two of Set in Stone, and chapters five and six of Intertwined (An Avenger's Fanfiction) to their proper rest.

Loyalty, determination, and knowledge be with you all.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

The cool summer night blew against the trees, soft rustling echoing across the deep valley. Knight Attack was pitching her blankets against a large tree as the rustling increased to an alarming degree. Swooping to her sword, Attack rushed through the bushes with little to no regard for her own safety. She spotted the beast, a lumbering bear making its way closer to the makeshift camp ground.

Licking her lips, Attack circled the creature and watched as that snout wrinkled and snuffled. Suddenly, the bear rose to its feet, jaw splitting wide with an almighty roar. Unafraid, Attack stood her ground and slashed at the beast with her sword, laying lashes across the expansive belly.

The creature moaned in pain and fell down to its four paws. Attack, distracted by another rustling, did not move with her usual speed and was trapped under the creature's bleeding form. Using her sword pommel she thrust at the bear's belly and forced the blood to flow more freely.

Sweat poured from her brow as she shifted under the heavy weight. In the darkness she heard a cry bellowing toward their crumbled form. In moments the bear's weight was shifted and Attack saw the great gash in it's neck. Standing above her, Squire Twit had taken the bear's life even as Attack was at the point of final blow.

Resigning herself to the lost kill, Knight Attack invited Squire Twit to share a meal by her bedroll and began working the kinks from her knotted back.

Here lies the creature fought hard over and killed with dignity and dispatch.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:04 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Squire Auxiira fought a fearsome beast before joining the Knight's order. Does it count for a wild boar?

work.php?id=99159#c346132
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Squire Auxiira fought a fearsome beast before joining the Knight's order. Does it count for a wild boar?

As much as the kingdom appreciates your efforts and as happy as we are another dangerous beast has been prevented from terrorizing the innocent villages nearby, only knights are eligible for knight badges, I'm afraid!

Don't worry. There will always be more boars. ;D

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

On this day, February 6th by Seoul time, 1:45 am by Seoul time, the Knights of the Green Room are victorious.

Before them, the horizon is clear for the rising of the new day's sun. The rays creep over the trampled, bloody grass as the knights stand and survey the battlefield. Bodies of beasts no one else dared touch are as quiet as the dawn that creeps in slowly. Mist rises from mouths still hot but no longer breathing, still fresh, but no longer threatening.

They stand in line, some with swords, some without, one on horseback, the rest still breaking in their boots:

Knight Attack
Knight Trident
Knight Kyllorac
Knight Omniyus
Knight Nite
Knight Rydia
Knight Totoro
Knight Lauren
Knight Audster
Knight Hannah
Squire Spark
Squire Louis
Squire Shino
Squire Gee
Squire Shadow
Squire Snoink
Squire Rubric
Squire Reason
Squire Auxiira
Squire Stella
Squire of the Wind
Squire Elinor
Squire Twit

All twenty-three brave warriors fought with the virtues of dedication, loyalty, and knowledge. From a battlefield filled with 118 works, they fended off incoming pieces and battled the old ones down, making a total of nearly 260 reviews over the course of the battle.

May the Green Room ever remember their efforts and their victory.

May the kingdom ever celebrate their grand march toward a peaceful future.

And may the tapestries of their tales ever hang on the walls of the people of YWS.

My knights, we have won.

Stay tuned for our next main challenge, and in the mean time, keep those horizons clear.

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman