z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm
Auxiira says...

If all of the reviews for a village weren't in the green room, does it still count?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:06 pm
Hannah says...

Nope! Gotta be all green room reviews. We are, after all, Knights of the Green Room.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

*wilts* and it's only two out of eight...

Anyhow!

Knight Auxiira walked through the land, slaying another five foes with Laevateinn, protecting herself with Svalinn. But it was all for naught when her 25th foe scratched her fair face just as the fair Knight slaye...slaied...killed it. She marched to the next village and up to the pedlar's stall.
"I need a helmet," she stated. The unkempt man stared up at her.
"Ay, Knight, that you do." He fished around under his table and pulled out a beautiful helm with a few Celtic designs etched onto it. The Knight's breath came out in a sigh of admiration.
"How much?" she whispered.
"Two guinea, ma'am," the man replied. The Knight was too awed to try and debate the price. She handed over the gold coins and placed the helm on her head, tying her fiery hair back with a leather strip so that it wouldn't impede her sight. She turned to leave, but the pedlar stopped her with a cry.
"Ma'am! You have not named that helm!"
"That is true. I shall name it Ansel!"
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 pm
View Likes
dogs says...

Yeah I <3 the Knights of the Greenroom! May the battle be ever fought on with honor and strength.

Fellow in Arms badge: work.php?id=100008
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:36 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

After a hiatus battling schoolwork and research, Knight Nite hath returned from the second page to prune some more works from the Green Room. Her last 10 feats have earned her Armor, which is black and shall be dubbed Darkness.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Knight Lady Shady from the second page is back to report on her unique stealth attack on the Green Room. It's a slow process, the foes scarcely noticing my presence, but is rewarding over time-- and has earned me a horse, which is a silvery-gray with a white mane. I named him Phantom.

Also, the novelty of Knight Lady Shady has worn off, and I request a name change to Knight Vyper.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Knight Sea, having temporarily suppressed the evil dragon Homework, trudges onward, heavily wounded. With her sense of direction clouded by her loss of blood, Knight Sea wanders into the dangerous Outer Lands. A giant rolling shrubbery charges her head on, and Knight Sea must dive to avoid the attack. With no weapons but her bare hands, Knight Sea opens her water flask and pours the contents onto the ground, creating a pool of mud. As the shrubbery turns for a second affront, Knight Sea positions herself behind a trap. The shrubbery rolls through the mud, its branches anchoring it in place.
Knight Sea claims her victory.
work.php?id=96138

-Sea-
Last edited by Searria H. on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

247 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Having defeated fifteen beasts of the Green Room, Knight Sea from page the ninth catches sight of a sword materializing, plunged up to the hilt in a particularly nasty shrubbery.
With much tugging and yanking, Knight Sea frees the sword. Though it be less mighty than the pen, Sea considers the next best thing and dubs it:
Quill.

-Sea-

*Ribbit*

247 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Knight Sea, still wandering in the Outer Lands, sees a giant boar rooting in the ground. It lifts it's head, and Sea realizes that the beast is wearing two masks, one smiling, one frowning.
"O, Ye mighty beast!" she calls. "Art thou a boar of thespian origins?"
Knight Sea had never taken on a script before, and the very thought of the feat terrified her. The boar charged. Suddenly, Knight Sea realized that calling to it was probably not the best decision.
Stunned by the sudden attack, Knight Sea doesn't quite have time to dodge, and the boar sinks on of it's muddy tusks into her thigh. Trembling, Knight Sea manages to draw her sword and trim the other tusk to a low stump. The boar trembles and faints before the knight's feet. Lacking the stone heart needed to kill the beast, Knight Sea trims the other tusk, as well as his toenails (while she was at it.) And thus, the beast was defeated.
work.php?id=97350

-Sea-
P.S. Sorry for the consecutive posts. :oops:

*Ribbit*

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite here with an inquiry about how Green Room reviews can be counted with the new scoring system. For example, I posted a review on this piece and when I finished it said it had only one review, but I'm now the third reviewer. I know it probably doesn't count, but I would still like to make sure, as this has already happened to me several times.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:11 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

on how Knight Louis the Silent obtained his steed and armor

The at last knighted Louis staggered into the large town, trying not to be crushed by the throng of people as they went about their daily business. The smells, sights and sounds assailed him. After the eerie silence of the great dark forest, Knight Louis was unprepared for the bustling, bread-smelling, yell-filled streets.

He was worn and weary. Knight Louis had set out after many of his fellow knights stormed the Green Room of the Outer Lands in the First Cleansing. He had not been with his comrades as they rejoiced and basked in glory and their treasures. He had not been with them as they set to the Outer Lands, attacking them piece by piece. He had only continued on his journey, vanquishing enemy after enemy, surviving in the wild (and the homes of a few kind farmers along the way). One such farmer had mentioned the Knights had their eyes on the Outer Lands. Rumors of a great treasure traveled from lip to lip furtively.

Louis, grim, had continued onwards, to the Outer Lands. Truly they had been a desolate and terrible place. His blade grew dull and his body tired with each new piece vanquished.

But lo, fortune doth indeed aid the bold! Slowly, piece by piece, Knight Louis emerged from the Outer Lands, and to his great joy, was reunited with the Knights. Thought dead or inactive, he was greeted with much joy from his comrades. He had been formally knighted by Lady Hannah, and his arms were named in the ceremony. His hand-and-a-half steel sword was named Silentium, for Louis had struck silently. His Shield was named Obsessio, for not the mightiest of enemies had pierced it. His helmet Galea... for it was a helmet like any other.

But a terrible storm had struck in the night, and bandits, brave or foolish, attacked. Knight Louis had even heard what sounded like a war boar. Terrified and confused, he was separated once more from his company, and lost himself in the Outer Lands.

Now, he had arrived here, a place where many Knights, merchants and people reached to exchange good, rest, and stock up on the supplies needed.

Knight Louis was very very tired indeed. But above all, his feet ached terribly.

Determined, he sought the nearest stall. A kind man gave him directions, and he arrived.

The horse vendor, a jolly, corpulent man, toured him around, describing the steeds with the eloquence of an ancient bard. Finally, they reached the last stall.

"This 'ere you'd want to ignore, he's a weird 'un alright," the vendor told him, motioning to a nondescript, slightly menacing chestnut stallion. Or at least, the horse seemed to be fully-developed -- he was small in size. His eyes glittered with knowledge no mere horse should have.

"He scares the others," the vendor said, tapping the side of his nose. "We were thinking of selling him, but nobody'd buy 'im."

"No," Knight Louis said, quietly. "He'll do just fine."

Knight Louis rode away into the bright midday on Frigus, content.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Dogs, how many reviews do you have?
I have a link on the knight roster to the post I was keeping track of. Is that your total?

Nite -- that post would've gotten you a Green Girdle Badge, but you've already got one! Are the orders in which reviews appearing switched now? With oldest appearing at the top? Is that what might be happening?

And whoo! Everything should be updated now.
Sorry for my absence. New school year just started over here, so I've been wiped out with transitioning and trying to figure out new classes, etc. c:

Fight on, brave knights!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:17 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

For many nights, Knight Attack had toiled in the forests of Green, smashing through the undergrowth to bowl over beasties of all shapes and sizes. As her muscles tired she came upon a small town where the folk were kind and the ale was rich and bubbly. Setting Buttercup into one of the only inn's stalls, Attack wearily stripped of her armour and settled slowly down the stairs on to a bench before a long table.

Around here the townsfolk mumbled and whispered behind their hands, but Attack was too busy chewing through several bowls of a most excellent broth to notice. Her muscles unknit themselves and she finally sighed and raised her head, feeling warm and healthy once again. It was a short but lovely break, even as a young woman was shoved forward to fall into the bench across from Attack.

"Er, - I, er. Miss?" She simpered and battered her eyelids toward Attack. "You're a hearty eater!" she giggled and climbed over the bench to sit delicately, with a ferocious look over her shoulder that was not lost on her audience.

"Miss, I am very tired and my belly is only just full, might your inquiries perhaps last until morning?"

"Oh! No, no, oh." The woman twisted her fingers in her lap and bit her lip with an extra slow bat of her lashes. "You see... there is a creature."

Immediately, Knight Attack's muscles clenched once more and she could feel the warmth of the meal slither out of her tense joints. She stood and rolled her shoulders, letting the groan of her jerkin hide her sigh.

"Show me." It was gruff, but necessary, as the young woman seemed to be intent on seducing and Knight was in no mood for humouring such tactics. The woman quickly leapt from the bench and skittered around the corner to the kitchen door, as Attack followed she heard the crack of oncoming rain, lightning filling the sky as they trod over to the furthermost barn.

"Miss, it's in there miss. It's only we saw you had a sword, miss." Knight Attack did indeed have a sword, which she had remembered. She also had armour which she knew was being rolled in sand even now, cleaned by one of the inn's young lads. About to ask a question over her shoulder, Attack was stopped by a horrific screech coming from the barn. The young woman scarpered like a kicked cat and Attack growled, thumping open the door and tackling the creature immediately. The fight was quick, it was a young dragonling, and Attack could see it had been more frightened of her than she of it. Mostly because she was never afraid of beasties until they had a limb in their mouths.

Dragging the creature's head out into the rain, Attack left it for the town's various nightlife to strip. In the morning she intended to collect the bones, maybe make something out of them. Moments after she reentered the inn, however, another man was by her side, and then another. More dragons, they cried, more and more and more. The roar which lit from Attack's mouth was one to rival the mythic creatures. She tore through the town and slaughtered the beasts in a hail of icy rain and blood. Each one she left to collect in the morning as she stomped back to the inn and her bed, ignoring every townsman after that.

In the morning the bones of the creatures were lain gently by her bed, each one having been meticulously cleaned, as she had been once woken. The three beasties glared sightless at her and she laughed. The townsfolk, having found their town now free from the horrific creatures, also left a large, ornamental key to the town on her saddle bags.

She stayed only long enough to destroy several more creatures, until at the culmination of her 100th beast slain, Attack picked up her bags and rode triumphantly from her little town.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

247 Reviews

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 pm
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Knight Sea from page the ninth requesting a shield to be dubbed:
Tortoise (to be pronounced tor-TOYZ)

*Ribbit*

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Hail, KotGR!

Knight Louis, now horsed and mighty upon his fine steed, has felled all of three enemies from horseback, and thus, has earned himself a check worth a full plate armor! He is, at the moment, still lost in the Outer Lands, and thus can't collect it in person at the moment. But he will! Soon...
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits