Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

As the Knights rush around the castles with small makeshift dustpans and brooms in their hands, still passing up the larger crumbled boulders for another day, they make enough time to sit on the cold stone floors with a cake whipped up and decorated by one of their company. It is in a home that does not yet feel quite like home that they celebrate and honor the fortieth Knight to join their company. They sing their congratulations, faces lit by candlelight.

Knight Fortis

In addition:

Brain Tumor -- needs 1 review
Hope. -- needs 2 reviews
Benjamin Bumblebee -- needs 2 reviews
A Cowardly Pandora -- needs 1 review
Calypso -- needs 1 review
Wanderlust -- needs 3 reviews

Knights eligible for the MC3 badge: @Jonathan, @niteowl, @HomeschooledTeen, @fortis
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 pm
niteowl says...

Oh @Hannah I reviewed "Wanderlust". I guess I will just make a separate post every time. It's easier.

Wanderlust
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:06 pm
Hannah says...

Brain Tumor -- needs 1 review
Hope. -- needs 2 reviews
Benjamin Bumblebee -- needs 2 reviews
A Cowardly Pandora -- needs 1 review
Calypso -- needs 1 review
Wanderlust -- needs 2 reviews
I want to be punished no more, Daddy. -- needs 3 reviews
Flares -- needs 3 reviews

Knights eligible for the MC3 badge: @Jonathan, @niteowl, @HomeschooledTeen, @fortis

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 pm
StoneHeart says...

:smt027 *Is interested.

AnD annOyeD.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

303 Reviews

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:24 pm
StoneHeart says...

What's the 'MC3' badge?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Oh mah gosh! I'm the FORT-ieth knight? :D
That's crazy!
Crazy AWESOME!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 am
Hannah says...

@BlackNether12, check out the rundown of the 3rd Main Challenge!

And I know, right, Knight Fortis? It as if some divine force designed for you to join the company at this seasonal moment!

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

I intendeth in due time to become a knight of this fair group.

Review #1 The Pack - Chapter Two

Review #2 The Death Of Zeus

Review #3 Can You Grasp It In Your Hand?

Review #4 I see the patience of Chinars in winter...

Review #5 I Wanted to Say

Review #6 Fictional Letters: Anomie's first letter to Tioni

Review #7 Break My Heart

Review #8 White Noise - Prologue

Review #9 A small scenery on earth.

Review #10 A Night to Remember - Chapter 4
Last edited by Messenger on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

Cailey approaches the Green Knights warily. She roams the world of YWS quietly, without making too much of a fuss or drawing too much attention to herself. Often she notices the banner and the medals of the Green Knights, yet she is hesitant to join.

Although often she sets up silent competition against the Knights and on the last review day set it as her goal to empty the dreaded Green Room, she has never taken the step to win the badge she so well deserves.

However, the time has come. Why should Cailey do so much work for the knights to benefit from? This tyranny has lasted too long, and Cailey can no longer put off the inevitable.

"Ten reviews?" she asks, already prepared to rise to the challenge. It would be much quicker if she could use past reviews- but that would be all too easy. The challenge has begun. The reviews shall be written. The wanderer shall join the Knights in their... um... knigtness.

The Ten Reviews:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Cailey on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 am, edited 24 times in total.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

As new Squires make their way valiantly through the Green Room, fighting fiercely to keep the growing number down, Knight Hannah takes her faithful steed and rides out to the battlefield to survey Squires who proclaimed their loyalty but never quite made it to Knighthood. With @Lumi's Friday the Thirteenth challenge rewarding 1300 points to anyone who can complete 13 reviews on this auspicious day, and with a bursting Green Room, there is no better day to complete those last few Green Room Reviews, thinks Knight Hannah as she rides.

She quickly passes Squires @Sparkle, @Aquila90, and @tgirly, wandering not far from the castle, each occupied with a overgrown rat of a different sort on pages 26, 25, and 24 respectively.

Further out, gathered in a group on page 23, are Squires @Lioness, @WritingWolf, @Birkhoff, and @ShadowWings, each hacking away at a different head of a hot pink hydra who may have mutated from a mudfish in the nearby swamp.

Squires @Panda11 and @EnigmaticSpirit are hidden in a copse on page 22, throwing rocks out from between the leaves to confuse a snuffling boar with blood on its tusks. Knight Hannah makes quite sure the blood belongs to neither of the Squires, tosses a rock into the fray, and rides on.

She passes off a bow to Squire @Meshugenah, who fights alone on page 21, nearly at the edge of the woods, sequestered up a small hill with a group of fire-spitting lizards cutting off the pathway down.

And on page 20, Squires @Baroness and @racked stand peering nervously into the forest that hides the Knights' castle from the rest of the world. There are flying snakes wrapped around branches of the trees. Knight Hannah fends a few off with her shield, but these Squires are not so well-equipped. "Distract them with a frond from the river bank, and then catch them from behind," she calls out. The Squires nod and run off to the river that runs nearby.

For a brief moment, Knight Hannah rides alone with no other form on the horizon. The day is clear, crisp autumn, and her horse's hooves make satisfying thuds in the Earth not yet obscured by the snow that is surely coming.

Then over the curve of a hill, she looks down to page 13 and sees Squires @wordsandwishes and @DragonGirl11 ferociously battling a pack of small prairie wolves -- the kind that roam across the fields like birds wheeling through a blue sky. Squire @Littlewing runs over from page 12 to lend an honorable hand.

Not far off, with the shadow shapes of the tall buildings in town just now coming into sight, Knight Hannah finds Squires @Cspr and @Emerson on pages 10 and 9. They are taking turns covering for one another while being dive-bombed by malicious crows and attempting to fashion makeshift slingshots at the same moment.

On page 6, Squire @Twit stabs self-sharpened sticks at monster bass in the stream the town pulls drinking water from. Knight Hannah asks if the Squire's ever tried to cook one, and Squire Twit pulls a face. "I'll take that as a no."

Now the town is just a few moments away by horse back, and Knight Hannah sees Squires @StellaThomas, @Rubric, and @reason batting hives of killer bees into fires they built up below the trees. With the advantage of a full pouch of water at her belt, Knight Hannah is able to stifle a small fire that starts in the dead leaves around the Squires. The smokey smell makes her stomach rumble. The tavern -- just a few more minutes.

Squire @Tenyo battles on page two. The Squire has mustered a frying pan out from somewhere and uses it to keep back the black heron that threatens her.

And finally, just outside the town walls on page 1, Knight Hannah sees Squires @SparkofDoubt, @fireheartedkaratepup, and @GeeLyria in fierce concentration as they pull hopping goblins out of the holes in the walls and dispose of them the only way possible: with soap bubbles.

It's a long ride from the Headquarters in the Forest to the YWS Town Proper, but surely necessary. Along with a meat pie and a cup of apple cider, Knight Hannah was sent by Knight Attack (@PenguinAttack), who had realized nearly halfway through the search for worthy entries to the Knights' library that they hadn't any paper to record the stories on.

"That'll be 20 gold coins," says the shop keeper. Knight Hannah pays the gentleman, tucks the beautiful parchment into her sack, and heads to the tavern, eager to hear them sing the one about the First Great Victory.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:21 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Just an update on the Honorable Contest Reviews and Entries:

Hope. -- needs 1 review
Wanderlust -- needs 1 review
I want to be punished no more, Daddy. -- needs 3 reviews
Flares -- needs 3 reviews
All I See Is A World Torn By War -- needs 2 reviews
The Biting Game: Alice's Story. -- needs 3 reviews
The Fluke Kingdom -- needs 3 reviews

Knights eligible for the MC3 badge: @Jonathan, @niteowl, @HomeschooledTeen, @fortis, @Hannah, @BlackNether12

Pieces that have already received the 3 promised reviews, but are still eligible to be reviewed if Knights want to become eligible for the Main Challenge Badge:

Spoiler! :
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=102916
A Cowardly Pandora
Calypso
Benjamin Bumblebee

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

Benjamin Bumblebee

Taken care of.
Last edited by KnightTeen on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:57 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

I would like to announce my intent to join the KOTGR, as one of their honored knights. As proof of my courage, determination, and loyalty to the Green Room, here are my tokens of service.
1:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104274#c391009
2:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104273#c391010
3:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104258#c391013
4:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104280#c391076
5:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104277#c391078
6:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104276#c391079
7:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104278#c391082
8:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104269#c391088
9:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104267#c391094
10:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104184#c391100

I'm a little unclear on how you operate challenges if I've not yet been knighted, but at the very least as a squire pending Knighthood I would like to submit the token of service for Fellows in Arms
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=104192
Review of fellow squire TheMessenger

Forever in the service of improving literature,
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

303 Reviews

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

It appears all the contest pieces have been taken care of, but I still reviewed A Cowardly Pandora

Question: We can submit old works of ours -piece's we've already posted?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:13 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

First, business.
@BlackNether12 -- you can submit any piece of your own. You're also now eligible for the MC3 badge, and I've updated the earlier post to reflect that!
@dragonfphoenix -- You can't earn additional badges until after you become a knight, but your Fellows in Arms badge was done after your first ten reviews, so yes, it does count!

From out of the crags of the Outer Lands stumbles a pair of figures. Against the dawn light, they are silhouettes that stumble toward the castle -- Squire Dragon newly declared comes out of the battle with a Squire who declared themselves long ago, but then became lost in the brambles.

They are washed, clothed, and fed, and then the halls of the still-empty castle erupt with the sound of further celebration as the company of Knights welcomes one Knight home after a short journey and one Knight home after a long journey.

Image Image
Knight Dragon, Knight Shadow Hunter
@dragonfphoenix @ShadowHunter

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office