Young Writers Society

Knight School

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings Knights and Squires!

You have been called here to serve YWS once again with your courageous reviews and spirit that knocks the socks off the Green Room beasts. Recently we have had a period where so many squires showed up, that not all of them were properly trained in the art of reviewing.

The Council of Knights, including yours truly, have gathered together to find a solution. And during our noble search, we came across craftsman from the faraway lands who used apprenticeships to train their newcomers. Soon we will be adapting a similar system but first a series of reviewing workshops.

All are welcome at these events, anyone who needs some practice at jousting or wants to sharpen their blades. We also recognize our older, returning Knights, who have gotten out of habit of slaying beasts.

Coursework will be comprised of studies in poetry, short stories and assorted types of novel chapters. Ever seen a piece of poetry that looked absolutely perfect? We will talk about how to critique something even when you think there isn't anything visibly wrong. Have you ever tried to review a middle of the road chapter and been absolutely confused by the plotline going on? We'll talk about how to get yourself out of such a situation and explore possible things to comment on in a chapter review. Has a short story seemed too short? Or seemed too short to even critique?

All of these things will be covered in the virtual classrooms throughout RevMo.

Class schedules are being finalized currently and will be released by the end of the month. The only materials needed for these workshops is yourself and your review game.

Stay tuned in to this thread throughout the Grand Reviewing Festivities during September for school announcements.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:34 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Knight Kayla reporting for duty, as expected! The instant I heard of this idea I thought to myself, "Now I mustn't miss out on this opprotunity!" and made my way here as soon as possible. Thank you for your kind services of offering this chance, fine Lady Lizz.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:56 am
View Likes
Kale says...

*stumbles back from the Outer Lands*

*grumbles about Fey ideas of interest payments*

*hoists Ladle high while reporting for duty*
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

766 Reviews

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 pm
Brigadier says...

Welcome back to the common realm Knight Kyll. The Knight Council recognizes your return and hopes you will take back your position on the board.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Knight Aley rides in atop her trusty steed, Mouse, with Cracker of the Helms safely sheathed at her side, and Pusher of the Fallen in arm.

"We shall ride victoriously through this new challenge, or we shall drag their evil entrails with us into the pits of darkness!"

766 Reviews

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Brigadier says...

I managed to convince Irma to stay away from my lands by threatening her with alligators, surprisingly effective against a sea witch, and so the storm has calmed. The meeting hall for review discussion has been opened early.
Hurry up now before she changes her mind about destroying me.
https://ladylizzlovelace.writerfeedpad.com/670

766 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am
Brigadier says...

We're at it again and serving up more poetry even though nobody asked for a second helping. The poems will be different this time so there's no copying off anyone else. You are still in school you know and cheating on assignments is not allowed.

Putting the link up 10 minutes early because I see some knights lurking in the, well, night. If you attend all the workshops and make it through Knight School, there's a shiny participation badge at the end of the road.
https://ladylizzlovelace.writerfeedpad.com/36

766 Reviews

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:14 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

If you have happened to miss both workshops so far, here are the links for the independent versions. For future reference, post workshop homework will be posted in the KotGR club forum. If you're a Knight or Squire and you have not joined the club, please do so now.

Knight School Homework: Chapter
Knight School Homework: Poetry

766 Reviews

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Hear ye, hear ye. Here comes an announcement on behalf of the royal Knight School. The final workshop, focusing on reviewing short stories, will be hosted on . (The magicians have whipped this up so it's automatically adjusted to your time zone.)
The link will appear 30 minutes before beginning on @LadyLizzLovelace's wall and here on this current bulletin board. If you have any questions about the session or cannot make it, please direct yourself in her direction.

766 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:27 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings Knights of the Internet Realm.

Knight School is running a session this Friday and if you're a KotGR who has not yet claimed your badge by attending, please pay attention. (And for the rest of y'all who would like to come to have fun you listen up too.) At the end of the line for participating in one such event, is a shiny badge, and we know Knights love those shiny badges.
If you are not aware of what this program is, please read through this thread.

The council is currently trying to determine if we have enough interested parties for this course to continue. This means that we may have more potential sessions throughout November and December, but we only have one left in October. Homework assignments will continue to be posted but if you'd like the interactive experience, please continue in this post.

If you would like to attend the online version, which will take place all day on Friday, the room opening at 9AM Central and closing at 11PM central, please say so.
If you would still like to earn this badge by doing the more interactive version rather than the forum walk through, but cannot attend that time, you can complete it in one of our 1 on 1 workshops. They may start a bit later considering the pressures of NaNo but I am still working to keep this efforf alive.

The link will be posted on my wall and it's a new formatting of workshops that I'm experimenting with. I hope for the best and that many show up to claim this grand prize.

Have a kind day,
Headmistress Lovelace

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard