Reviews: 86

86 Reviews

86 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 am
reikann says...

Sir Rei's Magnificent Journal
I have been accepted into the ranks of the Knights of the Green Room. The valiance of my deeds is being recognized, for once, and soon I shall be venerated for the wonder I am!
The Knights need not know I had been slaying their foes for the glory before there were awards to be had for it. That is between you and I, dear journal.
I have struck out once again, and returned riding. See! My steed. I call her Staccato the Swift, for she is swift, and I like the word staccato.
Here is the record of the places I went while chasing her down across the moors.

Now, this fine beast of a horse I found had just been baiting me all along! Amazing. A human, clad in armor and dragging metal hunks around, slower than a horse. I'd never have guessed!
Nay. Indeed, she led me to a village in peril, from which I promptly saved with my mighty skills of thoughtful constructive criticism.

In one fell swoop, I earned the village's fealty and the respect of the mare, who I have henceforth claimed as my steed.

In conclusion: horse and village earned.
My quest marches on!
~Sir Rei

86 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:03 pm
reikann says...

Sir Rei's Magnificent Journal
So. Having a horse.
Did you know they need, like, care? Staccato has opinions on how she should be cared for, and is forthright in sharing her displeasure.
She dragged me straight into the mud and completely ruined my old armor. Our relationship is perhaps growing rocky.
On the bright side, I am now clad in a new set of armor, mud-free, from the generous coffers of the Knights! Now, quickly, onwards, lest one errant knight question my acquisition of it...

These valiant deeds should cement my right to this armor.

Sir Rei out!

86 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:51 pm
reikann says...

On my return to the order's headquarters, an errant knight did recognize my armor! As I moved to prove my deeds of valor, I was informed that the joust was to begin shortly, and by my proper amount of bluster and armor of color, I must be a competitor.
Naturally, I, never one to back down from a fight, attempted to valiantly sneak back through the weapons tent whilst no one could see me.
Instead, I found a shining lance of blue and silver, and opted to keep it instead.
The jousts raged on.

Staccato and I emerged victorious! By this, I mean we did not die. Not too shabby for zero training and healthy dose of bluster, eh?
We came in fourth. I enjoyed having a banner of my own so much, I do believe I shall seek out a way to commission my own coat of arms in the future!
For now, the shattered jousting lance from the matches shall hang in my room, yet another trophy of another battle won.

Sir Rei, victorious once again and evermore!

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost