z

Young Writers Society

Esca's Trials in the Forest

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:02 pm
EscaSkye says...

As I shined the knights' armors, daydreaming that one day, I too would be in their position, a palm landed on my shoulder. I looked back and noticed a worn out knight.

"What are you doing here, squire? Should you not be training?"

"I will, but first, I must do my errands," I said, showing him the piece of cloth I was using. "I shall be done in a little while."

"Bah, put that down and go out," he said as he took the rag out of my hands. "Don't come back until I see the hide of ten reviews!"

I stared at him confusedly, but that smile the knight gave filled me with courage. I grabbed my items and marched away, only glimpsing one more time before I prepared myself to fully face the challenge ahead of me.

I will be back as a knight.

Not anymore.

83 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 pm
EscaSkye says...

Days turned into nights and nights turned into days. For so long have I traveled in the depths of the Green Room, but finally, today is the day that I come back: the day I finally may call myself a knight.

The castle is close.

The sun shines behind me, showing off my worn clothes. That didn't matter at all that much, for soon I shall be donning armor: the armor of knights.

When I come back, my superiors were pleased with me and my exploits. They now treat me as one of their own, however, they tell me I still miss a few things.

"Go and bring back ten more hides, then we shall give you your sword and shield, dear sister."

A sword... one that I can call my own.

After a few days of rest, I prepare once more for possible another long journey. Piece by piece, I will complete my equipment.

Here's to a new feat ahead.

Not anymore.

83 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:13 am
EscaSkye says...

I hunted for a long time before I was able to come back to the castle. My brethen stared at me in surprise as I carried the bloodied hides. Indeed it was long, but I came through.

Those creatures in the forest truly put up a fight. I better rest for a while before I go on my next adventure.

Everyone rejoiced. Drinks and food came from the castle kitchen. They told me that anytime soon, I'd be awarded with my sword and shield, then asked when I'd be hunting to earn my helmet. The head must be protected, after all.

"How many hides do I need to bring in order to have it?"

One of my fellows looked up, seemingly in thought, and said, "About five hides, then ten more after that, you may have a horse."

A helmet and a horse...

"Just let me rest and I'll go back into the forest," I replied, swallowing the juice laid before me. "Hopefully it won't be as difficult this time around."

Hopefully.

After a night's rest or two, I prepare myself to re-enter the home of the reviews.

Well, good luck to me.

Not anymore.

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King