z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:11 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

I arrive battle-worn into the Great Hall, and bow deep.

I believe I am due some rewards for conquering several of the stubborn beasts in the Green Room.

A sword would be great.

And of course, I would require a shield to protect myself.

A helmet would be nice and I would also require a nice, fine horse to carry me in my several quests.

This is for my full armour set and this is for my jousting lance.

Fully prepared, I will meet you, fellow knight, in battle some day.

*bows respectfully and leaves*
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:02 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A veil of darkness, darker than anything this hall has seen before engulfs it. This darkness seems more alive, more stifling than anything that has come before. A singular knight emerges from this darkness.

As the darkness recedes and the portal that had just been opened closes up after itself, the knight, Knight Hardy collapses to the floor. He looks to be too exhausted to speak.

After a five minutes of hugging the floor boards, he manages to raise his head.

"It has been one year, four days, one hour and forty five minutes, but I have done it. I have finally accomplished the greatest mission of them all," he says, once he's managed to catch his breath.

He weakly raised and arm and shakes out a long roll of parchment that almost completely covers his face.

Moving the parchment aside so that he can see, he proclaims,"I wish to claim the mighty dragon. I hope to name it Hydra!!"

With that he collapses the parchment wrapping around him like a low budget Egyptian mummy.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Reviews: 1
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The walls of the Great Hall shook, the windows rattled, and the doors blasted open. Suddenly, The Commander entered atop their horse followed by every member of the court Knight @alliyah The Court Magician, @Brigadier the Captain of the Guard, @ShadowVyper the Court Park Ranger, @JustPerks the Castle Grounds Consultant, and even @BluesClues the Chief Battle Advisor - each brandishing weapons with a panicked look on their faces.

It had been some moons since the whole court had assembled, so the knights and squires around the Great Hall straightened with attention wondering what was going on. Knight Mailice (@MailicedeNamedy) straightened her helmet while Knight Forever (@ForeverYoung299) reached for a nearby dinner plate to be a makeshift shield. Some of the squires pushed together two tables to serve as a Battle Strategy Table and the Commander unrolled a map.

"Ever since RP Month, we've had sightings of an unidentified monster over the Western Seas, near the Great Hall Forest, and now close to castle headquarters" Knight Shady added marks on the map.

"The weather patterns have shifted these past few days! With fires next to the Green Room!" Knight Brigadier noted drawing a path intersecting the first marks.

"This is no magic I've ever seen. Surely not a goblin, or ... a golden goose?" Knight Alliyah added in for good measure.

@BluesClues picked up a cane to shake for theatrical purposes. "I've seen these signs before. Yep. These are the signs.... {dramatic pause} OF A DRAGON!"

There was a collective gasp around the Great Hall as the walls continued to shake.

"But who could have reviewed enough already to summon a dragon?! That hasn't been done since when Blue got her dragon two years ago! And that's like a gazillion and a half Green Room Reviews, I mean... who writes that many reviews??" a nearby office squire shouted confused and alarmed at the prospect.

Everyone collectively turned their heads to the one knight who this could be referring to, as Knight Hardy (@HarryHardy) unrolled a long log of reviews with many victories written, "I ... might know something about that" Knight Hardy admitted back.

The Commander took a look at the log and then with a dramatic look into the camera shouted, "YOU'RE A WIZARD HARRY! ... oh wait! Sorry, wrong script ... It appears, you've earned this Dragon Knight Harry, it is now up to you to tame and train it to defend the Green Room, and also hopefully keep it from destroying any of the Great Hall.

Suddenly the Great Hall doors burst open once again and a small dragon poked his head inside, then padded up to Knight Harry knowingly, tracking a trail of mud and ink on the way.

"That was easier than expected" Knight Hardy said while patting the dragon's head a few times for good measure.

"Well, let's finish up the rest of the awards before cleaning up this mess!" The Commander laughed. "Harry, as every Green Room Knight who has earned a Dragon is so named, you are now bestowed the title "Legendary Green Room Defender" and don't forget to pick up your "Fellow in Arms" plaque and of course that Head of a Wild Boar, before going out to train that beast!"

"And it looks like we have a whole arsenal of armor for another knight in our ranks who has also been quite busy during this November Writing Month, Knight Random @RandomTalks let me double check to see if I've got this all in order, you've now earned your sword, shield, helmet, horse, your armor, and your jousting lance! Wow! We'll have a few squires help you carry that all to your dwelling. When your horse has been named please bring word to the castle for insurance purposes, you'll find him over in the Castle Stables."

"This has been quite a day for us all! I think I'm going to retire to the library for the evening! Let's shout some cheers for Knight Hardy and the second dragon of this order!"

The knights all joined in shouting, "Hip Hip Huzzah! Hip Hip Huzzah! Hooray!"

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:32 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Forever enters the great hall and is surprised by her forgetful nature.
"I haven't updated my progress here for so many days!" She exclaims, "It's high time that I do it."

She opens her Long record of green room reviews.

"I am in dire need of a helmet to protect myself. Oh yes, I need a horse too for riding through the Gr Roads. Also, a full armor is a necssary thing in adventure. When I have got a horse, why not a jousting lance? Wait, I have earned a coat of arms and a jeweled chalice too. And now, it's time to earn a chest of silver. On the way to it." Forever folds back the parchment and submits it to the commander.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:56 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Anoo. Can I still declare I want to be a knight? :D
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 pm
View Likes
R33SE says...

Alas, R33SE has returned as a reincarnated being after his long and weary journeyings through the wastelands. He is elated to find that his old group of comrades, the notorious knights, the knights that challenge the terrible Green Room...they are still very much alive!

Though numbers thinned, they show that same furious tenacity of yore.

He enters the Great Hall, hands brushing along the worn threshold, iron shod feet gently traipsing the hallowed grand, and eyes locked to the banner that hangs at the forefront of the room. And as he kneels once again, offering up broken sword, it is with utmost honor and respect that he proffers to, once again, become a Knight of the Green Room.

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

May I have my jousting lance?
Knight Stellarjay

Rushes off with a renewed battle cry that shakes the entire hall.

701 Reviews

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:51 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Knight Nite, the Knight of Night, approached the Great Hall, still in disbelief at the creature in her reins.

Nine years. Had it truly been nine years? It seemed so long ago, and yet sometimes it felt like just yesterday. She had been there when the Great Hall was first built. She had slain so many beasts in that first year, full of youthful vigor and optimism. She had known the path to finding a unicorn would be long and difficult, but she had not anticipated the many diversions that would keep her away from the thickets of the Green Room. At one point, she had given up altogether, believing the slaying of 500 beasts would be impossible. But then one night in a manic haze, she had exhumed the remains to update her records and obtain the Chest of Gold. She winced at the memory of that smell.

That was almost five years ago now. She remembered building a stable next to Nocturne's in anticipation. She had caught glimpses of it through the years, but managing a hamlet and a village in these times of plague and turmoil was no easy feat. On the busiest days, she entertained herself with dreams of hunting, of finally catching her. And yet when the days she was free to hunt arrived, she was tired and full of excuses as to why today was not the ideal day to hunt.

It happened, by chance, on an ordinary Monday evening. She had set some ambrosia and fresh hay in the stable, just as she had every night for weeks now, sensing the unicorn was close. When she heard Nocturne whinny, she rushed out to seethe unicorn standing there calmly eating the hay as if she had always been there. Quietly, she approached, careful not to spook her, but the unicorn turned towards her and bowed, signaling that she would not run. As Knight Nite put the reins on her, she stroked her perfect indigo fur dappled in white stars and marveled at how such a beautiful creature chose her. The next day, she brought the unicorn to the Great Hall for its official christening and award badge.

The Great Hall looked much the same as it did in memories and dreams. She could see some new turrets had been built and others worn down from years of use, but its spirit remained unchanged. The new knights and squires running around were largely unfamiliar, but surely the guard would recognize her. She approached @KotGRCommander, identification in hand.

"Well well, look who decided to show up for the first time this decade." The guard said, more sarcastically than Nite had ever heard them before. "With all these summons you've missed, many assumed you had perished. But I never thought so. I knew one day you'd be back. My, she is a beaut."

The Commander led her into the main dining area of the hall, commanding the chefs to prepare a feast in her honor. Meanwhile, they told her about all that had come to pass since her last visit. Several Knights had gotten Unicorns, and a couple had found the even rarer Dragon. She briefly contemplated attemping to join their ranks, but truthfully she didn't have it in her to fight anymore.

Once dinner was ready, the commander called all the Knights around for the Naming Ceremony. Knight Nite was pleased to see some familiar faces in the crowd, even if many more she remembered were relegated to fading portraits on the walls. After verifying her Scroll of Deeds, they presented her with the plaque that would finally fill that empty spot on her wall. All she had to do was engrave it with a name.

Normally, she could have spent hours choosing a proper name, but this time, only one name felt right from the moment she had first glimpsed her in the trees. Now that she had her, she was even more sure that it was right.

"Knights of the Green Room, I present to you, Andromeda!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:17 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Two years to the day since she last time walked into the hall (and more than a year since she started working towards a horse), Knight Lucy enters the Knights of the Green Room Hall once more.

"I would like to claim a horse, "Knight Lucy announced, "and I'm going to name it Duckie."

701 Reviews

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:38 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

"It's been a long time."

Panting, Lady Mailice dragged herself up the steps into the room and knelt down. Her horse, Daphne, could be seen in the background, comfortably waiting to finally ride out into the wide open countryside again.

"A horse gives me the opportunity to dive into unknown worlds. I have seen magical forests, drank with dwarves and fought mighty dragons. And of course I didn't return without proof."

With a brief pause, Lady Mailice tried to find her breath and unwrapped the loot she had brought with her.

"I'm here to get my full armor and jousting lance."

She rummaged in her bag for more loot.

"As well as a coat of arms. With a swan in a blue background on it, of course."

Again she rummaged in her bag and found nothing, but that was when Daphne came riding up to her and pointed to the further bag of loot.

"Oh, and a jewelled chalice as well."

Once again Lady Mailice searched in her pocket and pulled out a crumpled paper.

"This coat of arms is perfect for me! I draw it during my time in the tavern."
Attachments
B729F6CB-D35D-4C77-A74E-671FCBBD2A4B_1_201_a.jpeg
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:24 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander walked in, dodging his way around a puddle of seawater. The roleplayers must be up to something again. Shrugging, The Commander moved on with the goal they'd come here with. It was a brand new year and there was a lot of equipment needing to be handed out to deserving knights. The Commander made his way to the center and sat down in his comfortable chair. He could see a small line of knights and squires eagerly awaiting their moment. He motioned for them to come forward with their documents.

Knight Forever (@ForeverYoung299), it seems you have been quite busy in recent times. Your helmet, armor and lance will be delivered to your armory shortly. For the horse you will need to make a trip to the stables, and the treasure items of course must be checked out from the treasury. Do be careful carrying all of it back and make sure you do indeed take one jewelled chalice and one chest of silver and one of gold. Once you've gotten a good look at your horse, do notify us with what you wish to name it. As four your coat of arms, you may find this helpful.

It seems we also two squires to welcome into our ranks. @Haileyg21 and @R33SE . Go to the Squire's Dormitory where you will find your Training Knives. Once you have completed [gm]Ten Green Room Reviews[/dm] and recorded it into your logs, present it here to be officially knighted.

Knight Stellarjay (@Stellarjay), your records appear to be in order. A jousting lance will be added to your armory as soon as it can be delivered.

Knight Lucy(@looseleaf), it appears you have indeed earned your horse. Please make your way to the stables to find a suitable one. We shall make a note of the most noble Duckie in our records.

Lady Mailice, (@MailicedeNamedy). It seems you've been quite busy as well. Your armor and jousting lance will soon be added to your armory. You may check out one jewelled chalice from the treasure although do be sure to wash it before using it for any drinking. It seems you already have designed a most exquisite coat of arms so we shall add it to our records.

A raccoon promptly ran through the whole. It looked suspiciously like @ReviewBuddy and it was mysteriously holding a sword in its mouth. The Commander suddenly realized their sword had been stolen out of its sheath.

"Catch the raccoon," ordered The Commander standing up to run after it.

The sound of a horse... or perhaps something more magical could be heard braying in the distance...

TO BE CONTINUED

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:46 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

There was a screech outside the Great Hall, but the sound was not of any monster or creature the knights were accustomed to fighting, but instead was the sound of wheels ... the wheels from a speeding US POSTAL SERVICE Vehicle.

This was not a regular occurrence at the Great Hall as they usually relied on village heralds, messenger pigeons, silver chickens, and golden geese to send important missives, especially given that postage was so expensive lately. The Commander looked surprised and turned to quietly ask the Court Magician Alliyah ... "Are we expecting mail?"

Court Magician Alliyah looked as if she'd found an ogre in the green room. "Well... about that... you see...

she looked at Dragon Knight @HarryHardy who she had been training in court record keeping as of recently...

"There may have been a bit of an unfortunate mix-up in the communications department Commander..." Knight Harry offered.

"A BIT OF A MIX-UP?" Commander was out of their seat pacing, "What exactly happened?"

Knight Alliyah started babbling in a panic, "Well with recent inflation prices, and the over-spending on our party budget for the year, we needed to cut costs, and some new goose vendors (@PoetryGoos @rpGoos @ResourceGoos @LitGoos) were offering half the fee for messages as The Golden Goose usually does, so we took a chance, and they may have gotten a little lost on the way to finalizing the certification for Knight @niteowl's Unicorn... and so I'm hoping the postal box has dropped off the saddle and reigns."

The Commander was laughing hysterically at the predicament of the court. "Do you mean to tell me that Nite worked 9 years for a unicorn, and we didn't have a single set of reigns or saddles in stock?"

Just then Castle Grounds Consultant @JustPerks rushed in with the box, and motioned for Knight @looseleaf and @Stellarjay to rush to find Knight Nite and the order's newest Unicorn.

Knight Niteowl came in leading the unicorn by leaving a trail of cotton candy along the Hall's corridor, followed by Andromeda. "The saddle and reigns will certainly come in handy for training, thank you for passing them on, even with the delay!"

The knights around the hall admired the unicorn and several passed notes of congratulations to Knight Niteowl on the major achievement.

The Commander chuckling to themselves slumped into their chair and asked jokingly, "Any other big news that I should know?"

Just then ...
well...
very slowly...

a tortoise knocked on the door to the Great Hall and handed a note to Knight RandomTalks to pass on to the assembly.

The note read:
Welcome to the Great Tortoise Race, Starting June 1.

Sorry for the delay, Sincerely,
The Tortoise

The Commander started laughing again at the situation and encouraged the Knights assembled to fight onwards toward the Green Room. And with shouts of "huzzah" the knights carried on readying themselves for the reviews ahead.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:58 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Packed with new loot, Mailice stepped into the great hall. Every time she entered the sacred place, she felt as if time stood still, no matter how long she had been out in the world. It was a strange and relaxed feeling.

With anticipation and respect, she marched in a relaxed walk across the floor to the front of the steps and laid down her loot.

"Here I am back, demanding no more and no less than a chest of silver and a chest of gold."

She knelt down and looked at her reflection on the floor.

"To continue my services, this is of concern, otherwise I can no longer care for my faithful steed and myself. We have to pass deeper into the troubled realms where it becomes more dangerous, so these two chests, will surely be of help."
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote