z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Behold, Knight Vyper, long delayed by the foe known as "Higher Education" with its weapons of homework and graded assignments, emerged victorious. Waving a diploma in one hand, she stumbles forward in exhaustion to accept her long-awaited coat of arms.

Knight Vyper's Log

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac says...

The woman known as Nonsense steps forward, Q her dragon resting on her shoulders. In her hands is her spellbook of reviews, ready to be notice so she can earn her knighthood.

Fluma's Spellbook Of Reviews

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 am
View Likes
rosette says...

The Knight Rosette refuses to be satisfied.

She hopes this is evident as she stands in the Great Hall, bruised, bloodied and battered from the assaults of now decaying creatures. "What is the purpose of attacking these dreadful beasts, if there is nothing to protect me?!" she demands. "Indeed, I am a Knight, and have a great and noble sword and what in the heavenly days, I'm even FM, but I shall soon be slaughtered if I am not given a shield!"

The Log of Knight Rosette
On earth I long to be like Him

Reviews: 1
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander shuffles in with several review logs under his arm. The Knights in the Great Hall rise as they see their Commander enter. @LadyLizz elbows Knight @Kyllorac. "He's back!" she whispers and quickly hides the paper airplane she was making off to the side.

"Greetings noble Knights! I apologize for another untimely absence. I have been battling amidst the foes of the Green Room these many days and nights. But how good it is to be home!

And I see you all have been hard at work yourselves! What have we here?"

Knight @rosette holds up a battered hand with a list a of Reviews Slain. "I think it's high time that I had a shield, Commander!"

"Why yes! I think you're absolutely right! We'll get one fitted for you immediately and have it in the armory waiting later today. Thank you for all of your service thus far - may this shield protect you as you continue to fight for what is good and noble Knight Rosette."

Knight Vyper (@ShadowVyper) walks forward unrolling a mighty log of Reviews slain. "I have come for my Coat of Arms Commander!"

"Well all looks to be in good order here Knight Vyper, I have heard tell of your brave and bold reviewing as I've been off in the vast Green Room these many days - you have more than earned your Coat of Arms. Carry it with pride as whomever sees you with this Coat of Arms will know you represent the Knights of Green Room - a noble honor indeed."

Knight Vyper bows and recollects their log, as several other knights watch in admiration as Knight Vyper continues out back into the Green Room.

"Is that all? I thought there was one more," the Commander says searching the room.

Squire Nonsense (@Flumadiddle) steps forward carrying a mug of cocoa in one hand and a shiny new log in the other. "I have also come, to receive my knighthood good Commander."

"Come forward Squire, let us see if the log is in good order."

The Commander flips through the first several pages of the Squire's log, carefully checking the records, the dates, and the foes.

"@LadyLizz, Knight @Kyllorac would you please set the appropriate fanfare in order, it appears that we will be receiving a new Knight!"

Lady Lizz calls to see if the correct trumpeters can be reserved on such short notice, while Knight Kyllorac grabs a few fellow knights to set up the banners. A few other knights funnel into the Great Hall as the news spreads of the new knight. Knight @alliyah gives Squire Nonsense a pat on the back, while Knight @Lumi starts rattling off some advice about particular green room foes.

The Commander steps forward. "Squire Nonsense please kneel. I declare that today you have earned the title of Knight Nonsense in the order of the Knights of the Green Room. With that title you bear the responsibility of fighting honorably for the sake of the Green Room. May good fortune and writing be upon you all the rest of your journeys. You may rise now."

Knight Nonsense rises and the room erupts in cheers.

"If you find you need any assistance finding your way around the castle or organizing your log, I would direct you to ask @LadyLizz - she may be able to give you some tips.

Congratulations to Knight Rosette, Knight Vyper, and our newest knight, Knight Nonsense -- the Green Room rests in your hands! Huzzah!"

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:48 pm
View Likes
Nobunaga says...

I wish to become a Knight! (do past greenroom reviews count?)
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:51 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Hi @Nobunaga!

Glad to see you're interested in joining the Knighthood.
Old reviews do not count. The counter starts from the time you declare your intent to be a Knight.

Here are a set of Training Knives, to get you started for those first 10 Green Room reviews, which are necessary to gain Knighthood. Return to me with your log as proof, once you have achieved those.

For log format, I recommend the one I'm putting in the code box below.
Happy hunting!
Code: Select all
For Knighthood

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Huzzah! I declare my desire to become a Knight, and will wear my (hopefully temporary) Squire status with pride until that eventful time!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Late but never too late, old but never too old, I too shall declare my intent to become a fabled Knight of fame and glory! I shall seek out these dread beasts and slay them with the very tip of my pen!
stay off the faerie paths

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:14 am
View Likes
lemonboi says...

I wish to become a knight!

766 Reviews

Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:31 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings Squires!

@killeham
As you move swiftly through this Review Day battle, I am sure you will easily claim the badge of knighthood. You are blessed with speed.

@lareine
We welcome you noble queen, into our reviewing ranks, may you break out of the block, and reach a new era.

@emolemon
I recognize not your face, but your heart that is true to reviewing. Go off with the others and hopefully you will bring back slain beasts, to claim the marking of Knighthood.

If y'all have not yet made a log, do so now to record your conquests.
Ten Green Room reviews are necessary at first and since y'all do not have weapons yet, here are 3 sets of Training Knives.

To all the Knights and Squires in the Hall, go out and review in the name of our kingdom. Clear the Green Room by hunting down the Golden Goose and prepare the dawn of tomorrow for the Afterwatch.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:12 am
Hattable says...

Uhhhh, kNIGHT ME (?)
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:16 am
Vervain says...

Dame Reine's Log of Slain Works
knighthood pls?
stay off the faerie paths

766 Reviews

Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:22 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings @Hattable!
Welcome to the Knights of the Green Room!

First you must be a Squire and complete those Ten Green Room reviews. To help you fight your way through, here are some Training Blades, with Groot stickers on the handles. Everything comes second hand these days.
I put a bit of recommended formatting in the code box below.
Code: Select all
For Knighthood

Dame Reine (@lareine)
You are now a Knight of the Green Room, an honor that has been bestowed upon many, and is among the most sacred of the Yewis Kingdom. Next in your path will be a series of weapons, to gain a sword it will just take 5 more reviews.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:02 am
View Likes
LJF says...

Lady LJF, reporting for duty! I have succeeded in my quest and declare my apprenticeship completed!
“In order to...apply the teachings of the Aincrad style...keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool.”-Reki Kawahara
"I’m glad I didn’t die there. I have to go home. I’ve still got things to do.”-Yukako Kabei

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:37 am
AliceinBluue says...

Alice arrives back at the great hall, finally victorious, with ten green room reviews under her belt, ready to claim her Knighthood!!!

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly