Can't you just stop
and see from my perspective?

See how dumb you look
when you judge with out
opening the book.

And when I'm famous
You'll be the first I tell
So you can spread the word around.
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 am
JabberHut says...

Hi, Dasia!

So my thoughts are a bit backwards here compared to the usual! I feel like your message is VERY clear here. There's just a lack of imagery and... prettyness, for lack of a better word. The flow's not actually there while the message is, so basically, I'd encourage prettying it up!

We can do that with word choice, certainly, but mainly rephrasing. Metaphors and/or imagery, which is what this piece seems to lack. You're usually very good with putting that in there -- intentionally, probably, because it comes so naturally -- while this piece just seems like a ramble/rant with line breaks. XD It's crazy. I find it amusing!

In fact, I don't have any other points to make. It might take some rewriting in places, and maybe even additional verses or lines somewhere. I don't know what works best since I don't have the music, so hopefully you'll get inspired somewhere along the way. Maybe tie in an extended metaphor, or describe the situation at hand more. The listener can relate to it more if you set the picture better!

That's all though! This is certainly on its way, but it's also an fairly workable edit. :D

Keep writing!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green