so I'd stay and wait for you

We ran
past every single sign
saying 'danger, turn back now'

We waited, until everything changed,
but look where that got us

And you promised me I'd only be ordinary-
A smile faded with time
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 am
Idraax says...

I like this! I'm a little confused by what's going on though. I get the sense that something happened to their relationship, but I can't tell what happened. I do like your word choice and your first and last stanzas. I feel like you can leave your first and last stanzas as they are, but I think you should expand your middle. I read the entire thing and kind of went "that's all"? I think you have something here, but I think it needs to be polished a little more before I can actually understand what you're referring to. Great start though!
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 am
briggsy1996 says...

Hi there!
First off, I agree with Idraax that this could be expanded more. I also genuinely liked this but I feel like it lacked a few things. Detail is the main one, and emotion is another. You've set the scene well in my mind but I want to feel what this person is feeling and be able to sympathize a little more.

We ran
past every single sign
saying 'danger, turn back now'

-This was my favourite stanza, mainly because the image of a 'danger' sign fits this piece of writing well and it almost leads me to believe that the characters are rebellious in a sense? Maybe I'm just imaging things, but that was what I gained from this stanza.

Overall, I enjoyed it and you if you don't have to change anything you don't want to. Just trying to help!
Happy writing :)
-Briggsy
but the sky is love and i am for you
just so long and long enough
-E.E. Cummings

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers