Small dots now

And take down
all my secrets
You tacked up
To make me sad
to keep me out

Well oh well
X1 Choras
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:47 pm
Adriana says...

That's great!
There are a few things, though...
dasiamari wrote:But I say
I get in there some day
Get back all my secrets
I said I'd take
to the grave

Are you sure it is " I get sin there some day"?. Maybe you meant "I'll get in there" or "I got there". If you didn't mean any of that, I'm sorry. It just didn't make sense for me.
dasiamari wrote:Cause I know
When the doors
closed
There's usally an
Open window.

I think it would be even better if it was "When the doors close" or "When a door closes". I also think a rhyme would be really nice here.
dasiamari wrote:And take down
all my secrets
You tacked up
To make me sad
to keep me out

A rhyme would be nice here too...
Anyway, I really like it. I wish I could hear how it sounds.
I hope what I said was helpful. I'm terribly sorry if it wasn't.
Congratulations and let us hear from you again soon
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose
it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.

"This is calm, and it's doctor!" (My DR. Reid -- Best line ever)

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 pm
Cailey says...

Good job! I have a few comments on this, but for the most part it is a very well done piece of work. I can't wait until this song is famous and people are singing it all over. You say you like taylor swift, so is this song country? Anyway, down to my real review.
"Cause I know
When the doors
closed
There's usally an
Open window."
Do you mean when the door's closed? Or when the doors close?
Then the door slams
I my eager face.
You probably mean in my eager face.
Anyway, that's all I noticed. I like the theme, although the chorus does seem to not have much to do with the rest of the song. Doors and windows are more about oppurtunity, not secrets. that's all. Keep writing!
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:17 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, Dasia! Back to see some more. ;)

So I'm loving this simplistic style you have with your lyrics. You don't get too wordy with explaining things but keep it condensed and... well, simple! I like that, and it proves very effective with the right words and phrasings.

I think this song started off marvelously, actually. It took a second or third read to understand that there was a room involved. xD I'm not sure how I missed that. I guess I was distracted with the doors. Actually! I know I'm a bit confused about what's actually inside the room. I assume the room is just trust or a roomful of secrets, ja? anyhoot.

So I think the song started off well, but it didn't end the way I wanted it to.

Gather up all
all my thoughts
Floating in the wind
Small dots now

And take down
all my secrets
You tacked up
To make me sad
to keep me out

Especially the first verse here, I wasn't quite sure where the song was going. The second verse was getting more to the point, so yay! That first one though befuddled me, so the impact of the song's ending wasn't very incredible.

And as a very side note, I'd like to see more built off that second verse in the quote here. That seems to hold more point to the song than the rest, and I'd like to see more of that.

Otherwise, great job so far! Just a little more work will do it. I do like your style though: concise yet vague. It's very awesome and effective.

Keep writing!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:46 pm
OrionRising says...

dasiamari wrote:A secret kept
A secret lost
Another entrance to
the room cut off.

But I say
I get in there some day I really don't think that this line makes sense grammatically, it would probably make more sense if you were to change "I" to "I'll"
Get back all my secrets It seems to me when I read this that you have lost the flow in this line. It could just be the way I'm imagining it being sung but it might not be. Anyways, I think that this line could easily be fixed by simply adding the word "to" at the beginning.
I said I'd take I also think you need to add the word "that" at the beginning of this line.
to the grave
closed
There's usually an
Open window.

Okay well first thing with this chorus is I think that you have to be more definitive. You start out by say you "KNOW" and then saying "USUALLY" I think you should take out the "usually" because you are almost contradicting the fact that you "know" something by say "usually."

Also, I know this is supposed to be figurative but I don't think it makes sense in a non-figurative way. It is up to you but I think instead of saying "there's usually an open window" you could say something along the lines of "you can always smash open the window" or "you can always open a window" or something. It really doesn't make that much of a difference it is just my rational mind getting in the way of things.

There is one final thing that I would like to mention about this chorus: It is extremely short. 6 lines is usually not enough for a chorus. If I were you I would try to add another stanza here, maybe putting this figurative analogy into the context of real life.

I my eager face. These last two lines really do not flow with the rest of this stanza. Actually they seem to stop the flow all together. I would suggest playing with the wording of these a little bit. For example the word "eager" definitely is one of the words which messes up the flow and the word "then" also seems to be interrupting the flow.

But I say
I'll get in there some day
Get back all my secrets
I said I'd take
to my grave.As I said above.

X2 Choras

Gather up all
all my thoughts
Floating in the wind
Small dots now These last two lines also don't seem to make much sense. I really think it a grammar issue.

And take down
all my secrets
You tacked up
To make me sad I don't really think this line fits very well. I would either get rid of the word "sad" and replace it with something stronger or I would simply delete this line all together.
to keep me out

Well oh well
X1 Choras

Okay well overall I like this pretty well. It flowed nicely for the most part but what I really got caught up on was some of the grammar and spelling errors. If I were you I would keep an eye on those because sometimes you are forgetting entire words.

Anyways, good luck and keep writing.

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance