Am I too naive, that, I don't think so
Trust isn't always easy, but I manage so well
Am I in denial, I don't think so
With all the shit I've put her through - she's managed so well
So well

A woman, inadvertently, almost crushed my heart to dust
Creating such confusion on the premise of being wronged
She claims the one she loved was with you, but that I do not trust
Without any evidence, how am I to know what went on?
Just saying to me that you were with him
Doesn't really prove that you were with him

Am I too naive, that, I don't think so
Trust isn't always easy, but I manage so well
Am I in denial, I don't think so
With all the shit I've put her through - she's managed so well
So well

A message to me
An accusation born from her mind
Reading more, I see
This accusation's just wasting time
For when jealously comes out
It can really fuck you up
And leave you with so much doubt

Are we too naive, perhaps, we think so?
Trust isn't always easy, can we manage so well?
Are we in denial, have you thought so?
With all the shit we've been put through - We've managed so well
So well
Or have we not

Or have we not
Or have we not

Spoiler! :
This song is actually based on something that happened to me in real life. Basically the message behind this is that if you are going to accuse someone of cheating you better have the evidence to back it up. Some random woman was claiming that my gf was cheating on me with her bf. At first I believed it, but then when I saw the guy's picture I wasl ike "No, fucking way". The guy had facial piercings (not sure I spelled that right) and looked like a complete loser. Plus, obviously, the woman didn't give any evidence proving that her accusation is right.
Last edited by LiesOnLies on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 53
Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:31 pm
Preachergirl18 says...

In the spoilers wow what a story
The fucker looks too creepy
to ever have shared your grace
was you cussing on this part not that I think nothing is wrong with it I just didn't know was you cussing or not

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:03 pm
NaRachel says...

Yay :)
You wrote about something real this time :) It really shows, this song is complex and conflicted - like a real person. ( I'm not saying I don't love ur made up ones by the way ).... As usual, flow and rhythm was perfect.. Oh and your into the swear words lately aren't you? I'm not saying I have a problem with it, because in moderation it can actually enhance your work (and you succeed in moderation). And while I'm at it- you spelt facial piercings right :)
I love the very, very interesting rhyming pattern you've got going on in your first verse- seven lines! Wow that's really unique, and it pays off because I was left going "wait where's the last line?"
I also love the way you're questioning yourself and answering in "Am I too naive, that, I don't think so" etc. Not only is it possibly the best way to get your head around things but it also works good for the song :P It really brings the reader closer into the song.
I also love the last line "Or have we not" it encapsulates that little current of doubt that's running subtly throughout the rest of the song, actually now I think about it it's a very large current of doubt.
I wouldn't change a thing, If anything I'd make it a bit longer!!
Hope all that ^^^ made sense, I'm tired so probably not. Keep up the good work :) -Rachel
And if you get time, review mine!!! :) Oh and I'm not sure why I think it's short, considering you've got the full 3 verses and choruses and coda, hmmm... Anyway sorry to completely confuse... your title is interesting...
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:05 pm
NaRachel says...

Yay :)
You wrote about something real this time :) It really shows, this song is complex and conflicted - like a real person. ( I'm not saying I don't love ur made up ones by the way ).... As usual, flow and rhythm was perfect.. Oh and your into the swear words lately aren't you? I'm not saying I have a problem with it, because in moderation it can actually enhance your work (and you succeed in moderation). And while I'm at it- you spelt facial piercings right :)
I love the very, very interesting rhyming pattern you've got going on in your first verse- seven lines! Wow that's really unique, and it pays off because I was left going "wait where's the last line?"
I also love the way you're questioning yourself and answering in "Am I too naive, that, I don't think so" etc. Not only is it possibly the best way to get your head around things but it also works good for the song :P It really brings the reader closer into the song.
I also love the last line "Or have we not" it encapsulates that little current of doubt that's running subtly throughout the rest of the song, actually now I think about it it's a very large current of doubt.
I wouldn't change a thing, If anything I'd make it a bit longer!!
Hope all that ^^^ made sense, I'm tired so probably not. Keep up the good work :) -Rachel
And if you get time, review mine!!! :) Oh and I'm not sure why I think it's short, considering you've got the full 3 verses and choruses and coda, hmmm... Anyway sorry to completely confuse. And I might add in, Your title is interesting- not the kind of title where I think "Wow" but still interesting :)
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint