z

Young Writers Society

deleted

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:53 pm
lele253isme says...

deleted
Last edited by lele253isme on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:35 pm
View Likes
thegilliangill says...

Howdy there!

I think this is fabulously written and your topic is very specific which is very good for lyrics. I think it is one, surprisingly that many people will be able to relate to. It seems to genuinely be written from the heart which is always good to see.

However just one picky point, which is only down to personal opinion. I have Obsessive compulsive disorder so I'm not surprised that I think this but your verses vary in length which is odd for lyrics. In a general lyric pattern it would go ABABAC.
Or something similar. By this it means chorus, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge. If you get my drift?

Other than that, well done really good job!
~TheGillianGill~

There's a bright light, see it in the distance? It's called your future.

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 am
View Likes
Ladyinpurple597 says...

I liked it a lot. It was very heartfelt and original. At least, I never heard of a song with lyrics like that so that was really good, in my opinion. If you keep writing songs, I will definitely read them all!
If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 am
View Likes
LiesOnLies says...

teenage love is so annoying at times. I like this song a lot and I enjoyed the message in it as well. Well, I don't enjoy someone being controlled or anything like that. I just thought you did a good job with this topic. You did a very nice job with this song.

Keep up the good work

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 pm
View Likes
Froggy4224 says...

Hey,
I'm not an expert on songs but i can honestly say that this one is pretty good. The central topic of the song is control and being controled and you stuck to that the lyrics also make sense and fit well together.And if you sing it in your head or out loud it sounds catchy with very little odd sounding parts, like when say or hear something and you can tell it should be changed or spoken/sung differently.I also like how you lable the verses and stuff because I wouldn't know what was what.
Please continue to write more songs this one was great.
You got it, You got it, Some kind of magic, Hypnotic, Hypnotic, You're leaving me breathless
-Paramore, I Caught Myself

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm
View Likes
Chelsea4827 says...

Hi there!
I really enjoyed this; I think it had a powerful message! It was really well written, well done.
Sorry I don’t have much more to say about it other than I think that you have a real talent here for song writing :)

Please keep it up because I really enjoy reading your work.
Chels
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. -- Blaise Pascal

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:55 pm
View Likes
YouWishYouHadThis says...

Soo Awsome
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Hi, Lele!

You did a very good job with this song. The message was extremely clear, and the imagery used was fantastic. You've got some great stuff -- awesome moments -- and you can bet on a like coming from me. ;)

Why do I follow your commands
Its not like your mind is my mind

I didn't like the second line here. xD I don't know if the singer has trouble singing that, but I know reading it jostled my head a bit! I can only imagine how my brain would treat it if it heard it first instead. xD

(Chorus)
If you say speak, I speak
If you say walk, I'll move ahead
If you say no, I can't say yes
Even though the comebacks in my head

The first three lines here? Fantastic. The last line here? Not so much! Grammatically, it didn't make sense to me. I think the speaker is referring to the negative thoughts their thinking toward the controlling person, so maybe just a slight rephrase would clean that up a bit.

Its like not moving
When you've got limbs
And its like not hearing
When you've got ears
Tell me why
I can't just live my life
In my control

I think this verse is alright. I can't quite tell if I like it or not, so I'll just say what my brain said! It seemed like, in comparison with the first stanza, the speaker's just throwing out metaphors as if it doesn't think the listener understands what they're going through. So it's shoving a sermon down their ears? The first verse (as well as the first half of the second verse) was much easier in using the metaphors to describe the situation. They don't as forced like it did in this bit. Does that make any sense? xD

I absolutely loved your bridge. It had a similar style to the previous quoted part here, but I think it works very well as a bridge. And this particular bridge is awesome, so I wouldn't touch it!

Great job on your song! Well-written! You're a very talented lyricist. ^^

Keep writing!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green