the world calmly waiting
and a little bird on
the windowsill.
fly, be free, faithful birdy
what keeps you lingering here?
fight your fears and leave!
please
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

{31} 4/27

._.

well this napo
didn't go quite as planned
we're nearing the end and
i realize i'm not very proud
of what i've done
comments? left hardly any
poem quality? rushed and shallow
so,,, yeah ._.
but i guess
there's always next year :]

{32} 4/27

procrastination
(a rather lame acrostic)

putting my work aside
really, i should be doing it, but
of course i'm not
come on, me! stop this, stop
running away from your homework
argh... why is it that
sometimes (most times)
there are so many more
interesting things to do than work?
never mind
anyways
time for me to go
i'll be saying
oh
no (if i don't go)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:11 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

Hiiii @Spearmint !! <333333 dropping a quick review here! <3

Spoiler! :
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME READING YOUR WORKS AND AAAAAAAAAAA I'm extremely charmed by your writing <3

I love poetry with big words and complicated structure, but seeing your thread is like a breath of fresh air AA! All your poems are so delightful in their simplicity, and you manage to bring the main message across in a short and sweet format AND I'M LOVING IT <3333333 It also fits with your theme, which is just poetry about random things in the world around you, so I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like your writing style is so perfectly in sync with the entire ~vibes~ that your thread gives me! ^^ <3333333

I'll be dropping a review on a couple of your recent poems below~ <333

{28} lazy
Spoiler! :
AHHHH laziness, our old friend :"D But I'm SO IMPRESSED BY HOW YOU MANAGED TO DESCRIBE THE FEELING OF LAZINESS SO PERFECTLY??? laziness is always like something I can never quite describe, but you've put it into words so incredibly well that I can feel exactkt what you're talking about and AAAAA THAT'S NOT EASY AT ALL <3333333333333

can we still fly
with tissue-paper wings?
i watch the air slip through me like
water through a loosely-woven net
and maybe i'll just let the current take me

IN LOVE WITH THESE LINESSSSSSS <3 the way you manage to bring such a nature-like feeling here with the whole air, water, wings and everything makes it feel like you're in full acceptance and at peace with the laziness and you don't let it frustrate you and that is such a powerful thought and I really admire how you managed to pull it off <3333

{29} :|
Spoiler! :
this poem <\33333333 I could really connect to this poem, it's very easy to feel like a burden to others, and the ending of the poem describes perfectly how bottling it all up is more harmful than just letting it out, and I love that you closed it with a storytelling aspect, it really shows your love for writing <333333

The rest of the poem was deeply emotional as well- I think I personally would've liked it better if you had used some stronger verbs or some description, but I do understand that sometimes, raw feelings laid out the way you did are far more impactful for conveying the message, so I'll leave it up to you <3333333333 and if this was just a poem to vent our your feelings and not as a polished poem per se, then please don't bother with my criticism, sometimes you just gotta let things out <333333333

Aside from the poem, I just want to let you know that we're always here for you, to accept both your sadness and your happiness, mint <3333

{30} birdy
Spoiler! :
this started off as a cute poem and then ended up a little O.O which is not a bad thing, I actually really liked this poem <3 I love how it starts off with the speaker describing it, before talking to the bird, and then finally urging it to leave, the 'please' at the end really upped the desperation, and I'd really love to see if you write a second part for this poem because I'm so attached to what happens between the bird and the speaker now aaaa <3333333333

Spoiler! :
SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG REVIEW AJDNSJDEKE I'm sure you didn't want such a long review for all your sweet little poems, so please feel free not to reply, haha <333 overall, I'm really liking how beautifully your thread has come along and I hope you're super proud of yourself as well! ^^ <3 lots of luck and love for your next poem or venture, thank you for sharing and keep growing <333333

EDIT: OOPSIE I JUST REALISED YOU POSTED A FEW MORE POEMS AS I WAS WRITING THIS HAHA XD
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

243 Reviews

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 am
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
AHHHH EUPH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A LOVELY REVIEW!!! ^-^ Don't worry about the length at all; I enjoyed reading every bit <3 And omg it's like you interpreted my poems so much more thoughtfully than I wrote them xD and I just want to thank you so so much for reading <333 You are an absolutely wonderful person and lots and lots of luck and love to you too!!! <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
mint, she/her

=D

243 Reviews

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:59 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

{33} 4/28

kinda dark, i guess?

if today i slingshotted myself into space
with the propelling force of all my failures
would anyone miss me?
if i left this earth to be with the stars
gazing at their burning light up-close
would anyone care?
if i held my breath and dove into their centers
choosing to be vaporized into oblivion
would anyone notice?
or am i simply a disposable blip
in the cold-hearted dance of the universe?

{34} 4/28

lighter

flick. a wavering flame
clinging to the tip of the lighter.
it hovers closer, spreading fire to candles,
a joyous kind of burning.
and as they sing happy birthday,
and you blow out the teardrop flames,
take your chance to make a wish.
tell your dreams to the universe
and let it whisper them back to you.
mint, she/her

=D

243 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

{35} 4/29

hm

ah, the second-to-last day
and my inspiration fails me
well i suppose
i'll write one of those poems
that are more space-fillers
than poems
but hopefully by writing a non-poem
tomorrow i'll be able to
poet better
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
mint, she/her

=D

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:08 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
@Spearmint AHHHH OF COURSEEEEEE IT'S AN HONOR TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON SUCH A LOVELY THREAD <33333 I'm so glad the length wasn't a hassle <333 AHH I tend to overthink things a lot, so that's probably why I overanalyzed your poems XD ahhhh, of course, it was a pleasure to read your poetry, AND AAAHHH no you're a wonderfuller person than me <333333333333 thank youuuu, love you <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

243 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2021 5:49 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

{36} 4/30

the end

and so april turns into may
not with a bang, but with a sigh
the sun floating into a new day
the leaf blowing to the other side
mint, she/her

=D

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust