Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:47 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

Nobody
can make it through every day
without sometimes snippiness.
The trick lies in learning
to stop, and apologise.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

You have to let the pile of papers build up
until it's as thick as the folder you'll put it in.
That way, when you file it all, you'll be able to see
how most of it is useless and belongs in the bin.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

107 Reviews

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

Thirty pomes I said I'd write
in thirty days and thirty nights
(except I started one week late
and had to write at quite a rate!)
and look at all the fun we've had
(although some pomes are rather bad)
But now we've reached the end, I cheer
I'll see you all again next year!

Spoiler! :
Something about churning out five or six poems in an afternoon seems to mean the quality of said poems takes a bit of a nosedive, but that's not the point, the point is I FINISHED, HOORAY!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm
niteowl says...

On #30, I feel the same way, haha. I just did two binge-poetings to catch up to 30, and I know a lot of mine are bad. High five for finishing! :D

29 made me laugh, especially since it's related to the title of my NaPo thread. "buried under the coffee table" was inspired by the literal pile of junk mail I've let build up on my coffee table.

Also, unrelated to anything, your Challenge Corner for Writing Gooder was awesome and made me do some really weird/fun things with my poetry.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

107 Reviews

Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 am
Cadi says...

Oh, maaaan. Do you know, it's been so long that I'd honestly forgotten I ever wrote those Challenge Corner things? Thank you for reminding me! I'm glad you enjoyed them! Maybe I should go back and try writing something from them...

*high-five back* for NaPo! I'm embracing the badness, because there are a couple in here I'm actually quite proud of, and that's worth a few awful poems ^_^ I'm glad you liked #29 - my stack of paperwork is on the desk next to my computer, making me feel bad as I type, haha.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Yaaaaay! You did it!! I'm so proud.

I love the humour in your poetry and I loved a lot the kind of daily grind poems you had because I so fully related. Also your poems often feel like you or having a conversation with you and I really enjoyed that.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix