z

Young Writers Society

Share a Poem

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:00 am
View Likes
PoetryBot says...

Have you read your neighbor's poems recently? Did you love it?

This thread is all about sharing poems that you think are going underappreciated in the journals. Be sure to cite whose poem you're talking about and link to it rather than copying it so we can see it in the original journal and comment on it there.

Discussion about different poems you like, things you like in poems you're seeing, and different tactics journals are taking are all free game here.

Sometimes the best way to keep moving forward is to take in the view.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 pm
View Likes
LostEyes says...

This poem, titled, "I’m Nobody! Who are you?", is an incredibly powerful poem. This poem was never directly meant for any certain person, though there have been many theories. This poem really touches on how alone people can feel. Being a middle aged woman in the 1800s, was an extremely hard place to be. I think this poem is so outstanding. Lonely, yet in a way suspenseful, because you have no idea who she is talking to.

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/im- ... re-you-260

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hi @LostEyes! What a great poem! This thread is mostly looked at in April for our April Poetry event [like all the NaPo archives] if you'd like more people to see your post you could post this poem in our regular year discussion thread: Share Your Favorite Poems or on your wall with the hashtag #ReadingPoetry :) thanks again for sharing this piece.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen