z

Young Writers Society

unlabelled boxes

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:33 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

at nights, you sit on the edge of your bed with your feet hanging over the edge of tomorrow
your finger wanders over the ceiling, tracing out star signs you had wished in when you were small
you'd tell me about the dreams that hangs between the horizons and infinity and how one day, you'll catch them all
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

476 Reviews

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:46 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

when the last of the star had tumbled out of the bottle and the darkness swallows us like a blanket without seams
when the staircase of our spines buckle into broken pieces, when sighs gets caught on the tip of your tongue that dripped with all the things that you could not say

we searched in the darkness for a tomorrow, our hands brushed against each other and intertwined tightly because that was only affirmation that we were still here - we still exist

bit by bit we find ourselves slipping through the crevices in our fingers, and the more we try to catch it the more it escapes and in the end, we collapse onto the ground

and slowly, slowly we begin to draw a new tomorrow from the remnants of yesterday
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

476 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:57 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

smear some honey on my ribs - in the spaces where air tumbles through
i want the happiness to last just that little bit longer
before it evaporates and vanishes out of my touch
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

476 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:48 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

sing me a lullaby, gather the shadows that have slipped from the heavens
weave my a blanket and hold me close
the days are getting colder and nights are getting longer
how many dreams must we pass before we see the light of dawn
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

476 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:23 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

in between the first ray of light and the first star
we found that there were worst things than a scraped knee
and that not everything could be fixed with a bandage

we found as we walked down the street, happiness was no longer hidden in the kaleidoscopic swirl of hard boiled sweets. it flew out of our hands, evasive like the last wisps of a dream and we discovered not everything could be brought with 'please and a cherry on top'

yet as we reach the end of the street, with our hands still linked we discover the hesitant call of the future
it comes to us on the wings of morning doves hopping on electrical lines, tapping out a rhythm of our thoughts
as we look to the horizon
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone