z

Young Writers Society

Community Poetry Journal Banner Contest

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hello all! Remember our Community Poetry Journal? I'm holding a contest to create a banner for the club wall.

The banner needs to be:
- family friendly
- coloured with something easy on the eyes (i.e. no bright neon or strobe light energy, no matter how tempting it gets!)
- in the size 1333 pixels (horizontal) x 187 pixels (vertical) or similar (otherwise it will get distorted when put in the club banner slot)
- related to poetry, community, journals, and preferably all three c:

Rules:
- no plagiarism (e.g. no copying a whole banner off the Internet and presenting it as your own work); using images from free-to-use selecions of photos such as Pexels and Pixabay are fine, so long as you add your own creative twist!
- please submit before the due date~

Prizes:
- 1st place will have your banner on the club wall, 100 points and a review from me on one literary work of your choice
- 2nd place will have 100 points
- 3rd place will have 75 points

Submissions open until:
25th December 2021

Good luck, and have fun!

P.S. While you're here, and if you've yet to subscribe to the club, why not give it a try? Share some of your favourite poems with us (though remember to read the rules on the About page) and ramble about them!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:21 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

My banners are perfectly crazy and disorganized but here you go! I hope the sizes are okay:D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

(also hoping the sizes are okay for these - I based the first entry a little bit off of the color themes of the current avvie for the club + the idea of everyone writing it together, and then the second two I used some dried-flower pictures I found because I thought it went with the idea of preserving / sharing like we do with poetry) :] Thanks for hosting the contest Lim!

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin