z

Young Writers Society

17 words for 17 years (YWS Birthday Contest)

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:11 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Introduction

17 years of YWS... wow! =D To celebrate this special occasion, you're invited to enter this contest by writing either: 17 words about your YWS experience or a 17-word story (or something that combines both!).
17 words about YWS: This can be about your personal history with this site, or about YWS in general. If you have any questions about what this includes, feel free to pm me, Spearmint! ^-^
17-word story: This is like the 6-word-story challenge, but longer! Check out the YWS Olympics event from a couple months ago for some examples. C:

Rules

1. No plagiarism. I want to read your unique writing! ^^
2. The entry must be exactly 17 words. (Use Google Docs or an online word counter to check, if you're not sure!)
3. One entry per person.
4. The entry must be submitted to this thread before the closing date to be considered for the contest.

Notes

Feel free to also share your entry on the People tab with the hashtag #17words! C:

Submissions Closing Date

Have fun!! =D 🎂🍰

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:56 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

:) Here you go:

Telling stories
Singing songs
Collaborating all night long
Drawing ocs
Losing sleep
I make hilarious meme
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:12 am
View Likes
NivedaJames22 says...

When the world shatters our youthful dreams, here we pour out our sorrow in verse and rhyme.
Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy, she berated herself.

"To friendship!" they had toasted, before downing their respective drinks and acquiring thick chocolatey moustaches.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

The tabs are shifting, shifting, pink swapped for yellow, and blue has gone and green has come.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:02 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Item # - SCP [Redacted]

Object Class - Safe

Description - A site for young writers that appears to defy [redacted].
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:49 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Lights dim. Enter SWORD and PENCIL. "Duel me", scratches PENCIL, format rife with intimidation. SWORD scrambles offstage.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians