Young Writers Society

RevMo Checklist Challenge: Discussion Thread

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:20 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Welcome to the RevMo Checklist Challenge Discussion Thread / FAQ

Part of the fun of the Checklist Challenge for RevMo is just finding the works that fit the criteria! Though if you're especially having trouble finding a particular item or are unsure how to go about fulfilling one of the challenges you are definitely free to discuss here, and maybe someone has a work or answer they can offer back! If you have a question that you would like input from one of the creators of the Checklist Challenge you can tag one of us (or all of us) (alliyah, Que, Liminality, Liberty, SpiritedWolfe).

Thank you to @ForeverYoung299 for bringing up the idea of a thread to discuss! :)

Link to Checklist Challenge thread: RevMo Checklist Challenge 2021

Checklist Challenge: Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler! :

Where do I find the YWS Knowledge Base? Under The Resource Section there's a forum called Knowledge Base where you'll find all sorts of resources with helpful material for reviewing and writing and other interesting topics.

What exactly is the "YWS Critique Sandwich"? It's a review method that you can learn more about here.

Where can I find a Review Banner to use? You are free to use one that you design, one of the Checklist Challenge ones, or borrow one from a friend over in the banner contest is a good place to look.

I'm finding it impossible to find works with the elements described in the challenges, what can I do? If you're having trouble finding them by browsing the literary center you can always try using the literary search bar - here, or could ask on your wall to see if any friends has a work that might fit, or else you can leave a comment below and maybe someone can help you out.

What does WRFF stand for? WRFF stands for "Will Review For Food" and refers to this forum.

Feel free to discuss / ask questions below!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Hi, I was wondering what a review template is?
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

@ForeverYoung299 Thank you!!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

701 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:36 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

How do we count the number of words in a review? Should we count including the quotes or should we exclude them?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:09 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ideally, exclude the quotes, @ForeverYoung299~
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

701 Reviews

Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:00 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Hey @Liminality(tagging u as u were the one to post), can you please explain what the new challenge actually means? It just went above my head. :(

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:30 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

It means to review a story or poem, in which the plot involves 'something' being missing. Like a story about missing housekeys, a poem about absent love, etc. Hope that makes sense, @ForeverYoung299!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

701 Reviews

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author