z

Young Writers Society

SpeedWriting Challenge

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:32 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Hello there, poor unsuspecting reader! This is the SpeedWriting Challenge! I know. I bet you're so intrigued now. Anyways, this is a really simple challenge to see the quality of a quickly written work.

How this is going to work

1. Comment below to join!

2. Once there are enough people joined (Preferably 3-5), we'll agree on a shoutout date and time when I post the prompt.

3. Once the prompt is posted, you'll have 24 hours to complete the prompt while following the parameters of the prompt. The prompt can be either written as a work through the publishing center, PMed to me, or commented below. Either way is fine. Although, I would prefer if it was written through the publishing center.

4. I'll announce the winner after the 24 hours and give out the rewards. Don't worry if you can't complete it in time-- you can still get rewards . . .

Rules and Other Things

1. If we agree on a time, please don't complain if you can't make it.

2. Anyone who completes the writing prompt within the parameters automatically gets 50 points.

3. The actual rewards are: First place gets 500 points, and a free review from me that will be at least 2000 characters; second place gets 250 points, one free review from me that will be at least 1500 characters; and third place gets 100 points, plus a free review from me that will be at least 1000 characters.

4. By the way, if you don't write something that abides within the parameters, you won't get a review-- or a reward.

An example prompt: A girl is chasing her pet when her pet suddenly turns into a dark alley that has a dim purple glow at the very end. Parameters: 1000-3000 words; any genre allowed

5. If you have any questions, ask below!
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:11 am
momonster says...

This seems like an interesting challenge! I would like to join!

Spoiler! :
I am mostly available Sunday afternoons EST.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

129 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 am
View Likes
yosh says...

@LordMomo awesome! Once more people join, we can discuss a shoutout time!

so i took another nap

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:09 am
SpunkyMonkey says...

I'd like to join!
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

129 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 am
yosh says...

great!

so i took another nap

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson