Young Writers Society

The Ultimate RevMo Checklist Challenge 2020

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:47 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@chrisdixon good questions.

Hnder the resources heading in forums you'll find the KB (knowledge base) & WRFF (will review for food).

To use a KB article check out some of titles in Knowledge Base viewforum.php?f=320 and read one that interests you- use it to help the author in a review by giving the author a link to the article and explaining why/how they can use it.

For the WRFF challenge -> if you don't have your owk WRFF thread, people sometimes put general requests for reviews in the General Request Repository -> General Request Repository to complete this challenge review something that someone has requested a review for from there (or your own WRFF thread).
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:22 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Thanks for participating this month everyone. Hope you enjoyed the challenge!

Don't forget to update these review links / numbers by October 1st so @Liberty and I can get an accurate list of who won those prizes. It looks like we'll have plenty of winners!!! :)

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:43 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

I'm fairly certain I won a few prizes, but I didn't know about this until today, so all my reviews are unsorted.
Oh well. At least my name looks nice.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

1227 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations Checklist Champs!

We had a record turnout at the RevMo Checklist Challenge this September. And this year the challenges were tougher than ever! But users stepped out of their comfort-zone and showed up to review and win those marvelous prizes. We had 19 users who were able to complete at least 10 checklist items!

10+ Challenges
@Liberty @LzPianoGirl

20+ Challenges
@omnom @kattee @Stellarjay @Hkumar @ChrisDixon

35+ Challenges
@alliyah

And our Grand Champions of this year's RevMo Ultimate Checklist Challenge ... entitled to all the fame and relevant awards are your winners ...

@Vil, @starlitmind, @HarryHardy, @EditorAndPerks, @Tuckster, @Gravitem, @IcyFlame, @mellifera, @ShadowVyper, @Valkyria, @Whatchamacallit

Please be patient while our artisans, reviewers, and prize goblins collect your amazing prizes, expect them sometime in October! :)

And on behalf of our Checklist Challenge Creation Team, congratulations and thank you so much for participating this month!

If you have challenges you'd like to see in future versions please PM Liberty or alliyah.

1227 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulatory Avatars

Everyone should have their points and their badges now, if we missed you please let us know. For our Checklist Challenge Champions who did 50+ your Congratulatory Avatars are ready now as well!

You absolutely are not expected to use these as your actual avatars if you'd rather not!!, but it was a popular prize last year so hopefully you at least get a chuckle from my take on your avatar / profile themes! :) Some of you get two versions because I'm indecisive. Also apologies that I didn't re-size these myself if you go to this site picresize.com upload and put "custom size" you can set it to 100x100 pixels if you really wanted to use one of the avatar's yourself. ;)

Individual Avatars below!

Spoiler! :

@Vil
You seem to enjoy Gandalf, and I agree there is really no better wizard, except perhaps ... Lego Gandalf, with a party hat of course.

@starlitmind
Your signature unicorn style, with... MORE sparkles / confetti! Hurrah!

@HarryHardy
Well Harry, I thought it'd be funny to spin your signature "fire" H into a "firework" H and a "firehydrant" H. Hope you love the firehydrant one, it's some of my finest work.

@EditorandPerks
I know you're real attached to your current avvie, so what more could I add? Just sparkle sprinkles and some little party favors! Hope you like it!

@Tuckster
Hey Tuck, this may look familiar, because it's basically a version of what I gave you last year for Checklist Challenge with more party-details! :) #TrustTheChicken

@Gravitem
Grav... your's was... artstically difficult to decide what images to splice together here. I mean how does one define your YWS style? I settled on Skooby-Doo monsters seeming to pair nicely with some of your current vibe? I hope that's on target!

@IcyFlame
This is more of a username pun, and I noticed in your current avatar you like sunsets, so I thought this would work nicely! Hope you enjoy this ice in the flame avatar IcyFlame!!

@mellifera
Mell! This one made me laugh! It's your classic gazing at the stars avvie, but it's CAKE ! Perfect to use for your next cake day or when you're feeling especially celebratory!

@ShadowVyper
Well Shady, this isn't a vyper, or a snake, or a fish, but it's real close! It's a book worm of course! And with a party hat! Hope you like this avvie I picked out for you!

@Valkyria
Valk! The color combos of your current avatar are pretty festive in themselves, so I just added your name and some confetti background to make it even more celebratory! I hope you like it!

@whatchamacallit
Whatchamacallit, I just tried to put things together that seemed like they went with your past avvies. I think it turned out super cute! Hope you like it! :)

A Note on other prizes: @Liberty and I are working on them! Please be patient as we're hoping to finish them up by end of October ~ but if for some reason we've skipped you or it ends up taking 6 months don't be afraid to give us a nudge.

A Note On Bird Doodles: I'm working on them, it's going well! If you have a bird that is like the reflection of your soul or something (ie. a strong preference for a certain type of bird) do make sure to let me know right away and I'll see what I can do or else I'll just try to choose some type of bird that I think matches your vibes. :)

Congratulations!!

1227 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:21 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Checklist Challenge Bird Doodle Prizes

The Spongebob Gifs and Wall Compliments have been given out ... AND! The Bird Doodles are now completed for those who did 50 challenges! Thank you for your patience, watch for the rest of the Checklist Challenge Prizes this month! :) I hope you love them! @HarryHardy @Gravitem @mellifera @IcyFlame @ShadowVyper @Tuckster @Valkyria @EditorAndPerks @starlitmind @Whatchamacallit @Vil

Don't miss the Individual Variations below for each bird ~
Spoiler! :

HarryHardy - phoenix

Gravitem - raven

mellifera - kingfisher

IcyFlame - southern rockhopper penguin

ShadowVyper - eagle

Tuckster - burrowing owl

Valkyria - grey crowned crane

EditorAndPerks - yellow warbler

Starlitmind - hummingbird

Whatchamacallit - osterich

Vil - black-headed nightingale-thrush

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:00 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Your drawings are so adorable!!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:46 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Y'all still handing stuff out?
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

1227 Reviews

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:15 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Mhmm painfully slowly have no fear though @Liberty and I are working on it yet ~

(I was hoping to knock out a big chunk of the reviews on Review Day, but October didn't end up having one.)

Thanks for the reminder Vil!

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:18 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

No problem, take your time! <3
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

1227 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:09 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Okay all prizes should be in now! :D Thanks for being patient and thanks for participating!! See you all next RevMo! :)

@Liebensteiner I think we're good now

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney