z

Young Writers Society

Review Palooza

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:10 am
View Likes
Casanova says...

Hey, guys! Are you ready for REVIEW PALOOZA This Month? Heeere's the info!

We'll be starting off with a workshop this Saturday(June 15th) at 5PM Central Standard Time, although you can come in later and catch up, leave early(although we beg you to stay through the whole thing!) and there is no end time, so you can stay as long as you like! We'll have four workshops in all(the dates are in the picture!) and the time for all four of them is 5PM CST!

The review competition will start June 15th, at midnight! This is my favourite one-

Basically, this review will encompass the others. This is your TOTAL review count for the fifteen days of the competition, but there's a few stipulations to that rule.

1) Each review has to be over 700 characters. This is to encourage Quality over Quantity, although we want you to do the best you can.
2) We will be going to be using these tips in our workshops, which should be incorporated in the reviews:
2a) The YWS Critique Sandwich
2b) Reviewing Writers More Skilled Than You
2c) Review Templates
2d) How To Write A Good Critique
2e) A Rundown on Reviewing
2f) How to Respond to Critiques
2g) Tough Love or Just Being Mean?
2h) What isn't a good critique?

3) Myself, @ShadowVyper , @Mea , and @Tuckster will be judging the reviews based on quality over quantity. We will be looking at length of review, amount of filler/idle chit chat over content, amount of quoting versus critique, and so on and so forth.

The ranking goes like this. For first place in ONE competition, you will be given five points towards your total ranking. Second place awards four points, third place awards three points, fourth and fifth place award two points, and then anything below that will be awarded one point.

There are 4 competitions. When each one is done, we'll put your score with your total. The total amount of points you can have is 20, so that's the score to get(that's number one in all the competitions), but whoever has the highest score, wins first prize.

Now, each competition will have its own rewards. For winning a single competition, you will obtain 500 points for new works for first place, 400 for second, 300 for third, 200 for fourth, and then 100 for fifth.

But, the winner overall(When we add up all four competition points for your total score) will win:
1st place will win 10,0000 points
2nd place will win 7,500
3rd place will win 5,000
4th place will win 2,500
5th place will win 1,000

but you can't just stop reviewing

Although you don't have to be going to the workshops to compete in the competition, we do recommend that you attend so you can grab a first hand knowledge of what we're trying to incorporate!

We will be hosting random write ins for anything anyone wants, so be on the look out for those too

If you want to join the competitions, just tell myself, or one of the other hosts, or comment on our walls, the posts, or this thread! I look forward to the competitions with you!
Chat's bangin' yo

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Yes, I’m in. This is perfect for my comeback scene. ;) But the trouble is, time. I’m only now getting around to stick to strict sleep schedule. But I’m sure we can work on it. Thank you~
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

624 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 am
View Likes
Casanova says...

@Dreamy !!!! I'm glad you could make it !! you should hop in chat!
Chat's bangin' yo

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

I'm in :)
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 pm
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

I’m in, but I might not be able to do many reviews. We’ll just have to see! :D

624 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:56 pm
View Likes
Casanova says...

Glad to have you aboard!

@Dilbert64, this is what I was talking about!
Chat's bangin' yo

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Thanks for telling me! Can I join?

624 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:20 pm
View Likes
Casanova says...

Sure!
Chat's bangin' yo

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:36 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I dont' know what's going to happen, but I've been reviewing anyway SO LET'S GO.
I make my own policies.

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality