z

Young Writers Society

Conspiracy Theory Poetry Contest

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Conspiracy theory poetry contest anyone?

Have you been inspired by all the madness with the "classified movement" recently? Are you filled with emotion, dread, fear, or confusion every-time you see another mysterious hashtag on the people page? Well here's a contest for you to funnel all that energy!

The prompt for the Poem a Week thread this week happens to be "Write a poem about a conspiracy theory." Let's do a little contest with it - whoever writes the best and most mysterious conspiracy poem by the end of the week (2/10/19) gets 500 points (if I get more than 1 entry, I may consider giving point prizes for 2nd, and 3rd place too)

Note that the poem doesn't necessarily have to be about YWS conspiracy theories, although I will give extra points for mysteriousness and creativity.

To submit a poem, either post it on the Unclassified Club wall or your own wall with the hashtag #UnclassifiedPoetry or send it to me (alliyah) in a PM.

Good Luck!

You can post any questions or discussion here - If I get any participants I'll be announcing the winners in this thread and on my wall.

Winner's have been announced - contest is closed,
thank you all for your entries
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Winners will be announced sometime this week !! Thank you to those who entered your poetry, can't wait to read them again.

1227 Reviews

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Announcing the Winners

Thank you all for your patience in waiting for the results, I can honestly say I had a lot of fun reading these and thoroughly enjoyed how you all interpreted this broad prompt of writing a conspiracy poem. I'll be sending points to all the participants and winners because I really appreciated all of the poems - please send me a PM if you did not receive your points.

Without further ado,

Second Place: will be: @Cloudkid

and

First Place: will be @manilla
manilla, your conspiracy poem brought me a lot of joy to read, truly delightful! Here's the link to it, in case anyone else wants to read it.

Thank you again to all the participants it was difficult for me to choose a winner!
@FireSpyGirl, @EagleFly, @Traves

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara