Young Writers Society

Star Wars Reviewing Challenge!

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:23 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Hello everyone!

In only a few weeks now the sequel to a classic movie series is going to be out. I think we all know what I am talking about! STAR WARS IS COMING SOON!

But as well as this, we also have the end of the year peeking over the tops of the mountains, and if you're like me, you want to get some reviewing out of the way so that we can have a lovely clean slate for the oncoming year! In order to do so, join us in our Star Wars themed reviewing challenge!

HOW TO JOIN IN?

Comment below and take the coding (in the spoiler) at the bottom of the place! Then gradually come back and fill out every time you write a review that fits the type suggested. Leave the link, and watch your list fill up.

OKAY! I'LL DO IT. BUT WHAT DO I GET?

Aside from endless bragging rights, we are still undecided about this! Prizes to come soon :3

HOW LONG HAVE WE GOT FOR THE CHALLENGE?

The challenge starts today, the 1st of December and ends on the 31st of December 2015!

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it. [/b]
[b]2. "I love you." "I know." - Review a romance work.[/b]
[b]3. "These are not the droids you're looking for." - Review something with a moral message to it. [/b]
[b]4. "Hmm! Adventure. Hmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not those things." - Review an adventure or suspense work. [/b]
[b]5. "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years I have trained Jedi" - Review a work from one written by one of your YWS buddies. [/b]
[b]6. "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" - Review a humor work. [/b]
[b]7. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villains." - Review a work with a villain in it. [/b]
[b]8. R2D2 & C-3PO are best friends forever - Review a work that includes friendship.[/b]
[b]9. The force - Force yourself to try a work outside your genre.[/b]
[b]10. Luke Skywalker - Review a novel or work that has a character grow up/develop in it. [/b]
[b]11. Even Luke had to go through training to be a Jedi - Review a work from a new member. [/b]
[b]12. The Dark Side - Review a work about a darker subject. [/b]
[b]13. "If your saying that coming here was a bad idea, I'm starting to agree with you." - Review a work set in a different place than the human world. [/b]
[b]14. "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Review a work about magic. [/b]
[b]15. "You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!" Rebel against the Green Room! Review one of the oldest works from there.[/b]
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:27 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

So doing this!

Spoiler! :
1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it.
2. "I love you." "I know." - Review a romance work.
3. "These are not the droids you're looking for." - Review something with a moral message to it.
4. "Hmm! Adventure. Hmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not those things." - Review an adventure or suspense work.
5. "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years I have trained Jedi" - Review a work from one written by one of your YWS buddies.
6. "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" - Review a humor work.
7. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villains." - Review a work with a villain in it.
8. R2D2 & C-3PO are best friends forever - Review a work that includes friendship.
9. The force - Force yourself to try a work outside your genre.
10. Luke Skywalker - Review a novel or work that has a character grow up/develop in it.
11. Even Luke had to go through training to be a Jedi - Review a work from a new member.
12. The Dark Side - Review a work about a darker subject.
13. "If your saying that coming here was a bad idea, I'm starting to agree with you." - Review a work set in a different place than the human world.
14. "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Review a work about magic.
15. "You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!" Rebel against the Green Room! Review one of the oldest works from there.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:14 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Spoiler! :

2. "I love you." "I know." - Review a romance work. My Crush

3. "These are not the droids you're looking for." - Review something with a moral message to it.

4. "Hmm! Adventure. Hmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not those things." - Review an adventure or suspense work.
Under New Stars

5. "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years I have trained Jedi" - Review a work from one written by one of your YWS buddies.
Last Minute Preparation 10 Days Before Christmas

6. "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" - Review a humor work. Five Essential Souls (No. 3)

7. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villains." - Review a work with a villain in it.

8. R2D2 & C-3PO are best friends forever - Review a work that includes friendship.

The African Savannah

10. Luke Skywalker - Review a novel or work that has a character grow up/develop in it.

11. Even Luke had to go through training to be a Jedi - Review a work from a new member.
Love Amidst Revenge

13. "If your saying that coming here was a bad idea, I'm starting to agree with you." - Review a work set in a different place than the human world.

15. "You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!" Rebel against the Green Room! Review one of the oldest works from there.

STAR WARS FTW!
Last edited by Steggy on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 am, edited 9 times in total.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:04 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

I say I'm gonna do it, so I'm gonna do it. If you got that reference, we're best friends forever. <3

Spoiler! :
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ooh. This is going to be a lot of fun! It's kind of like a scavenger hunt. Time to do some good old reviews!

Spoiler! :
2. "I love you." "I know." - Review a romance work. XY
4. "Hmm! Adventure. Hmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not those things." - Review an adventure or suspense work. The Legend of Jehanne and Lelia
15. "You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!" Rebel against the Green Room! Review one of the oldest works from there. Birthday Surprises, Leaky Cauldrons (A timeline)
Last edited by Mageheart on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1634 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Course I wanna do it myself too ;)

Spoiler! :

Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:07 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Okay, okay ;)

Spoiler! :
1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it. - The Case of the Candy Caper for Hire, Ch. 3 (No parents have been mentioned yet in this or the previous story in the series!)

3. "These are not the droids you're looking for." - Review something with a moral message to it. - Shaping Faith, Ch. 10 (There are a lot of really interesting political and moral questions being dealt with in this entire novel so far, especially in this chapter!)

10. Luke Skywalker - Review a novel or work that has a character grow up/develop in it. - Heartbeat Academy, Ch. 1 (The MC in this story is in a coma for four years, so I'd say he grows up/develops!)

12. The Dark Side - Review a work about a darker subject. - The Ashes, 3.1 (The MC in this story burns houses that break the government's rules of owning books).

Last edited by Carlito on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Do I get my own lightsaber if I win?

Spoiler! :
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:08 am
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

yesyesyesyesYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES. (YESYESYES).

See, if you're going to get me to review...

Spoiler! :
1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it. It has one mean mother and a dead father?? XD work/sabrinaz547/American-Anarchy-125458?c=562567#c562567

Last edited by SkyeWalker on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Oh, oui.

Spoiler! :
1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it. New Haven: Chapter 4

7. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villains." - Review a work with a villain in it. Bad Lights, Good Lights [Chapter 6.2]

8. R2D2 & C-3PO are best friends forever - Review a work that includes friendship. The Show Shall Go On

9. The force - Force yourself to try a work outside your genre. Shell Collections

12. The Dark Side - Review a work about a darker subject. Homecoming

Last edited by Lavvie on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:13 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Aye! Why not?
Spoiler! :
1. Darth Vader - Find a work with no parents/mean parents in it. Heart Failure
2. "I love you." "I know." - Review a romance work. What It Is to be Ozlem
3. "These are not the droids you're looking for." - Review something with a moral message to it. The Damage-Chapter 2
4. "Hmm! Adventure. Hmpf! Excitement. A Jedi craves not those things." - Review an adventure or suspense work. Bad Light-Good Lights Prologue Edited
5. "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For 800 years I have trained Jedi" - Review a work from one written by one of your YWS buddies. Burned 4.1
6. "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" - Review a humor work. Those Three Words
7. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villains." - Review a work with a villain in it. Werebeast-The Monarch-Prologue
8. R2D2 & C-3PO are best friends forever - Review a work that includes friendship.Best Friends Forever
9. The Force yourself to try a work outside your genre. internal problems
10. Luke Skywalker - Review a novel or work that has a character grow up/develop in it. Dream Sequence-4/5
11. Even Luke had to go through training to be a Jedi - Review a work from a new member. From the Journal of Ananias Dare
12. The Dark Side - Review a work about a darker subject. The Hidden World of Sleep and Stress
13. "If your saying that coming here was a bad idea, I'm starting to agree with you." - Review a work set in a different place than the human world. Worlds Collide-Part 4
Worlds Collide- Part 3
15. "You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor!" Rebel against the Green Room! Review one of the oldest works from there.Burned 3.3
Last edited by Pretzelstick on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1634 Reviews

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:58 am
Deanie says...

How is it going for everyone?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:09 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

@Deanie XD I need to get going I've only done one so far
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:04 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'm currently in the process of reviewing more. I have eight more reviews until I finish. :3
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:35 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Spoiler! :
Reminder:@Steggy @Reneia @Lavvie @TimmyJake @Carlito @Magestorrow @Pomp @Deanie

Tommorow is the last day to get it done everyone-if you want to win this contest! Review day is the perfect oppurtunity to squeeze in some reviews for these categories.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris