z

Young Writers Society

10,000 Word Contest!

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Welcome! This is, as stated above, a contest for writing 10,000 words! Simple enough, right? But how exactly does it work? I'll get to it in a minute. Don't worry.

So first off, this year I have decided that I am just too busy to write a novel in a month for
NaNo. So I was thinking I would take the year off. However, I really wanted to be involved in some sort of contest that allowed me to continue writing in my own novel. Thus, I decided to develop this contest. Here is how it works!

Beginning on November first you will attempt to write 10,000 words! At the end of each day you will post whatever you have written in a spoiler on this thread along with your word count. If you are unsure of your word count I will check it and let you know. If you reach 10,000 words by the end of the month I will give out a prize of 500 points. I will also give out a prize of 500 additional points to the person with the highest word count!

The rules are as follows:
1. You must list whatever you have written or else your word count cannot be validated!
2. Keep swearing to a minimum in your writing.
3. Update your word count every day, not at the end of every week or month. If you haven't written anything just say so.
4. You may write anything from a review, to blog post, to storybook etc. However it must be coherent! This allows you some freedom in your choice!
5. Have fun! Don't stress yourself out. If you don't win that's okay. You won't get points, but hey, the point is to enjoy yourself!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 pm
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Heh, interesting. This might get me to review more or post more. I'll give it a go. :D
Not anymore.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta