Young Writers Society

Review A Day!!!

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:46 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@Noelle
I don't believe you've only done 4 reviews in four days. (Hasn't been stalking your profile and totally didn't see 9 reviews done from the day you started).
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 am
Noelle says...

I wasn't sure what number I was supposed to put! I'll go edit it.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:50 am
WillowPaw1 says...

@ThereseCricket You put in all the reviews you have done since you joined, so yes, you put in the ones you did for review day if you joined on review day or before review.
Well.

Hello there.

Want a review? Feel free to request one in my topic:
WillowPaw's Reviews

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:45 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @catcha01, @Noelle.

Hi....

*Glares at Cona.*

I am so, so, so, so, so, sorry for not checking on you guys, and answering your questions. I was busy, tired, hungry, and I couldn't review.

So...

1. WillowPaw1 has been an excellent reviewer!

2. Please update your reviewerthingy.

3. This is a cool club: YWS History Club!

4. I have a challenge for all of you! Follow a novel for the month of June! Start from chapter 1, and continue to review it till you reach where it ends.

5. Any questions, post them here or PM me.

6. Thank you for joining!
My current pride and joy: R.E.D. 2.0
My last pride and joy: R.E.D.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @catcha01, @Noelle. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Hello, all!

Hi, Cona! *Smiles*

1. Now I have been thinking about this for awhile. But, finally one contestant made me do this. @RavenMoonStone, is the first person in The Hall of Shame. That's right! Our dearest co-creator had to donate 450 points to this account. Why? You might ask. Well, you'll see in the interview!

Raven: Cona? Really?
Contest: Now, Raven. You've missed eight days. Reasons?
R: Uh... I had a dance recital. You know that.
C: The recital was five days long. You missed eight... And you were on in the mornings.
R: I was to lazy to review then. Alright?
C: *Ignores* Then you don't review for three days. AND you didn't turn in your points.
R: I'm sorry!
C: Everyone! Spam her wall saying: "I am so disappointed in you, for not reviewing."
R: What, no!
C: Do it!

Okay, if you have missed turning in points, or missed doing reviews for a period of time. I shall put you in The Hall of Shame. Don't worry, I shall ask you before hand.

2. Subscribe to this! So, if I forget you in the @ thing, you'll get a notification.

3. The weekly club announcement! Writers Club I am running out of clubs! Send me suggestions through PM.

4. Shout out goes to @Noelle! You really deserved it!

5. Update the review thing.

6. Challenge this week. Review a short story.

Cona,

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:13 am
Aley says...

Hello!

I'm joining this.

Day's I've missed: 3
Spoiler! :
D7: 300 points
D12: 300 points
D14: 300 points
D15: 300 points
D26 7/9
D27 7/10
D28 7/11

-bows-

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:24 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @catcha01, @Noelle, @Aley.

Hello!

Uh, oh...

1. @RavenMoonStone is in The Hall of Shame, once more.That's right, again our beloved co-author is up here. Onto the interview.
Raven: Again...
Cona: You didn't review...
R: Several other contestants could be up here...
C: Sh... Don't say that! Anyway, why did you not review.
R: I had a convention...
C: Oh... Nevermind...
R: Yup...
C: Anyway spam her wall with: "OMG, you should really review!"
R: I hate you...

2. Adopt a Novel I love this club! So.. join it. It's (It is) awesome.

3. @ThereseCricket has been awesome at reviewing!

4. PM me club ideas!

5. Review!

Sorry that this is short.

~Cona

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @catcha01, @Noelle, @Aley.

Hey, guys...

Hey, Cona...

1. @lostthought is in the Hall of Shame! Not Raven!That's right the first person to join this wonderful contest has been slacking! We'll see why in our interview!

Cona: So... lostthought, why didn't you review?
lostthought: Because I'm lazy.
C: Why are you lazy?
L: Because I have a severe disease.
C: Really?
L: It's called 'Idontwannareviewocious'.
C: Hmm... very serious... Will you recover?
L: Hopefully by next review day. The doctors say it's getting better.
C: Okay... *Looks at lostthought in concern*
L: I'll get better!
C:That's good! Any advice for the slackers?
L:Go to a doctor.
C: Okay... *Makes the co-creator go to the doctor.* I have to wrap this interview up! Any last thoughts?
L: No, I think I gathered myself up. Can you have me that thought over there?
C: Hand you a thought?
L: It's part of my arm.
C:Ah, *Hands*
L: Well, that's all!
C: Okay! Everyone spam her wall saying: "You need to review more, and hang out with Mommy less."

2. Also, the beloved co-creator has been slacking. She has forgotten to turn in her points. *The scandal!* So please spam @RavenMoonStone's saying: "TURN IN YOUR POINTS, NOW, or as soon as possible!" Or something like that...

3. Clubs I'm announcing this week! That's right, if you read it correctly you saw that 'clubs' was plural instead of singular! But don't get your hopes up, I'm only mentioning three. And two I have mentioned before.
*1. Find a Writing Partner! @RavenMoonStone and @TriSARAHtops, created this club after they saw this club FIND A WRITING PARTNER (Yes, it was in all caps). So.. after a couple of days TriSARAHtops created another club with the very same purpose. Only, hopefully, this one will be more active!

*2. Adopt a Novel. Yes, I am aware that I have already given this one a shout out, but I feel like this needs to be mentioned twice.
@Aley, our awesome contestant has made this contest has made this group so poor, poor novels will get adopted by a loving reviewer! I am glad to see some of you already joined!

*3. Reviewers Unite! Yes, I am aware I have mentioned this one before as well. But I thought since we have new members, I would take about it some more.
@GreenTulip created this club in hopes of helping reviewers and people with problems in their books! It hasn't been active much, so I am hoping we can help.

4. @Aley is a great reviewer! Go congratulate them on their wall! (@Aley, I'm so, so, so, sorry for the notifications from this)

6.Please, please, please review. I am catching some of you slacking, Raven included. I am trying to encourage you all to review, but I always seem to fall short of that goal. Every time I log onto this account I feel bad because of how many points I am getting from you. After I implemented the Hall of Shame so, that, maybe you would be afraid of being put on that.

~Cona,

PS. I'm going to try and change my name to just Contest. We'll see if that goes well.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:58 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

Hello!

Beats Cona up.

OW! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

1. Okay... I interviewed @megsug earlier, and lost the interview... I asked @Wolfare1, and she said no... Then I asked again, she said no... I pestered her 'till she said yes... Anyway! Onto the interview!
Contest: Okay!
Wolfare1: xD Let's just get this over with.
C: Wolf, you said yourself you would be up here.. So.. Tell us why.
W:Cause a while ago (two weeks or so), I missed two days and payed 300 for it.
C: *Giggles* Why did you miss those two days?
W: Because I'm fat and lazy.
C: Hm... Do you have advice for slackers?
W: Don't Slack. You're literally digging your own grave. *Glares* Now, is that it?
C: Nope, not yet! *Gleefully sings* Do you think you'll be up here later on?
W: Yep. Obviously. Hopefully for a BETTER reason.
C: Do you want to say anything to someone? Like a "Hi, Mom! I'm on TV!"? Or something like that?
W: Yes, I want to say to @KatyaElefant I hate you so much and {You should join this ;)}
C: Excellent! Now, everyone spam her wall with sad wolves! *Smiles evily* Thank you for your time!
W: I hate you, you know that?
C: I do know that. ;)
W: Good, I will go be Demon Wolf now.
C: Okay, go be Demonic. Bye!
W:Cya! xD

Okay! As I said, spam her wall with sad wolves! (Also, maybe something about reviewing, maybe?)

2. Okay, @RavenMoonStone, I understand you like to have points. However, at some point, you're going to turn them in. So... You best turn in those points today.

3. The reviewer of the week is... @lostthought. Even though she was in the Hall of Shame last week, she has been an excellent reviewer! Everyone, congratulate her, now...

4. I will post the recommended clubs!
*1 The Random Club! Made by @pandabear7. This club is about sheer randomness. Seems cool, and was recommend by @KatyaElefant!

*2 Camp Nano If you want to write a novel in this month, join this club! Ask @Noelle if you want to join their cabin!

5. Review, review, review! Update your review thingy!

~Cona,

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

I swear I'm not slacking, I just forgot to update DX

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 am
catcha01 says...

I'm sorry guys but there is just way too much going on in my life right now to keep up with this contest so I'm going to have to resign. Really sorry.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @Noelle, @Aley.

Welp, I'm in trouble... Hello everybody!

*Glares at Cona while throwing rotten apples.

Uh, I guess the rotten apples could be a metaphor for something... Yeah, I am a rotten apple. Thank you for telling me.

1.I would also like to say that RavenMoonStone should have told me I missed these two weeks, so you can all tell her she is a terrible person. Or just spam her. *Shrugs*

2. I guess it is time it is a tie between @Noelle and @Wolfare1 ! Yes, these two people both have over 100 reviews. Also, guess what!? They joined a few weeks late. Then we have the original people... *Glares at the person with 36 reviews. Hmm I wonder who they are...*

3. No one is in the Hall of Shame. Don't worry. I'll get you all next week...

4. @Thewriter13, @RavenMoonStone, @Myself (I hope that no one is named Myself, that would be odd.) They have created a contest called Cause Us Emotional Pain. And, they need people to help them review! So, if you take a look at this lovely link right here: clubs/1977 Maybe you'll be able to aid them.

5. Okay, next time I am gone, I don't want to see any of you slacking. I know I have said this, but I hate seeing that someone had to give me points. That is one thing I dread every morning. I have been having several life issues at the moment so I might not be able update as often as I would like to. If you have any problems with this, come to Raven. I might have to end this sooner then I would like.

6. Next time I update my name might be "Contest".

Cona,

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:47 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

@lostthought, @megsug, @Audy, @RavenMoonStone, @Wolfare1, @ThereseCricket, @WillowPaw1, @Noelle, @Aley.

Hello!

Who are you??? Give us back ContestPointPool.

I happen to be ContestPointPool. My name changed! It is shorter, don't ya think?

1. Okay... So... The whole Hall of Shame thing shall be dropped. It is turning in to Interview A RAD Member! Heh, yeah, I'm getting bored... So... @RavenMoonStone is going to be interviewed first.

Cona: Hello, Raven, how are you?
Raven: Why are you acting nice...? Oh, I mean. I am totally fine. I might not be reviewing, though.
Cona: Excuse me, but, why!? This whole contest is for reviewing!! You can't not review.
Raven: I am on my phone, at my grandparents, no access to a computer, and need to write my novels. I have a reason.
Cona: Fine, fine. So, how do you like the contest? Is it fun, fun, or fun?
Raven: There are only one option. So... fun, I guess.
Cona: Glad to hear that! Oh dear, our readers must be getting bored.
Raven: Please don't torture me...
Cona: No, no, no. I am not going to hurt you. I'm going to close this interview... Okay! So, this was really boring, but if you want to be interviewed. Just contact me! I won't be harsh or anything like that.

2. So, I have created a something to attach at the end of your reviews. (Oh, no. Why Cona, why!?) I was bored and messing around with my Paint app. Image
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/images/uploads/review-a-day-banner-6265998780.png[/img]

You can use it at the end of reviews, if you wish. *Shrugs* :D

3. The clubs I shall promote!
1: Review My Review. So you are sitting there, typing out your review. Then you realize, OH NO, what if my review is bad!? What do I do now? If only there was clubs for reviews... Well, now there is! You post the link to your review and wait for someone to review your review... If you review somebody's review, then you get 100 points. :)

4. The awesome reviewer this week is... (drumroll please) @megsug ! I have read her reviews, and I must say: I love them! I wish I could read more of them... ;)

5. Review, review, review!

~Cona,

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:40 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hey, guys. I'm really, really sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. There is absolutely no way I'm going to stay sane trying to juggle all these hardcore classes, especially with me being a newbie to High School, and trying to review once a day. Though I am very glad that I joined this when I did, and I have a new motivation to review now. Maybe when I can get things under control in my life, I'll start reviewing once a day again, but for now I'm going to have to take a hold. Thanks so much guys! Good luck all of you who are still going strong!
~Wolfare
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 pm
View Likes
Contest says...

Hey,

This is going to be hard to say... However, I have to. I am done with this contest. I can't really keep up any more and that makes me feel guilty and... upset. So I'm ending it. Right now.

Don't worry. I'm giving out the points right now, too.

Let's start off with the list of contestants. (Now, this list is the reviews you have put on your update thingy. So... here we go.) I will be putting those in last place at the top.

Tying for 7th place we have @megsug, @lostthought!!! Thank you guys for participating, it really means a lot.
For 6th place we have @Aley!!! You joined pretty late but you were able to make a lot of reviews! Thank you.
For 5th place we have @RavenMoonStone!!! You have been here since the beginning, you owe me a lot of points, and you're the co-creator... However, thank you for staying with the contest no matter the ups and downs of life!
For 4th place give it up for @ThereseCricket!!! She is a wonderful person who was able to make an amazing amount of reviews! Her critiques were always helpful!

Now, we are down to our three finalists... PLEASE APPLAUD @Noelle, @Wolfare1, and @WillowPaw1!

WillowPaw1 with 80 reviews gets third place!!! (Now, I know you quit, BUT you got an amazing amount of reviews...)
Wolfare1 with 207 reviews has gotten second place!!! (I know you quit, too. However, just look at the reviews you got! I had to include you.)
FINALLY, NOELLE HAS IS IN FIRST PLACE WITH AN OUTSTANDING 271 REVIEWS. Yay!

The winners will get the points shortly!

Thank you all for being apart of this. It really means a lot. Sadly, I won't be doing something like this for a while. (Yes! Great! No more goals and deadlines and points being lost!) All the people who owe me points don't have to give me them. I don't need them. ;)

~Cona,

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet