z

Young Writers Society

The "Life is Hard" Contest

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:21 am
deleted30 says...

I don't really have the time to judge this contest. A lot is going on for me right now. >.< If anyone else would be interested in taking over judging duties, please PM me and let me know! (I can send you all the points to award the winners and everything.)

Random avatar

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:16 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

~I'm ending this contest early, due to the fact that I won't be around to judge on the original end date or award prizes~

Okay! I must say, this was incredibly hard to judge. Harder than I thought it would be, even. And I'm not just saying that to be nice - seriously, you guys had me pulling my hair out with frustration at how good your pieces were! >_>

But, I had to pick the winners eventually. Here they are:

THIRD PLACE: @CesareBorgia, for his piece "You," found here: You

Quite honestly, I adored this piece. The wording was exceptional, everything flowed together beautifully, and it was so lovely and thought-provoking... in the end, I had to give it third due to the other pieces fitting the theme slightly better, but as a whole I loved it! :D

SECOND PLACE: @tkpejb, for her poem "Ink."

This was so amazing. I loved the message, the emotion, everything. And it perfectly fit the theme! Wonderful work. :wink:

FIRST PLACE: @steward, for his piece "Last Moments."

Dear Lord, you nearly made me cry with this one. *sniffles slightly* It was heartbreaking, realistic, and short without seeming overly so. Quite extraordinary. I loved (and hated it for being so sad) the whole thing.

Thanks for entering, you guys! Enjoy the points - they are well-deserved! :smt003

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:17 pm
Spotswood says...

I'm in
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

Random avatar

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:28 pm
deleted30 says...

Spotswood wrote:I'm in

You're a teensy bit late. :wink:

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn