z

Young Writers Society

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think: Inspirational Contest!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:34 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

What do you find inspirational?

This question is something that's different for every writer. Your challenge is to write a story about something that inspires you, or a story with an inspirational ending.

The contest starts now, and ends on April 24th, with the winner being announced at the end of Think and Wonder Weekend!

You can write either a story or a poem! Don't write more than 5k for a story, or 30 lines for a poem! Our judges have short attention span, so if you write something super long, we might get bored and that would be bad.

Oh, yeah, prizes!
Your prize will be a random mod reading your story or poem in the silliest accent or voice they can come up with! And also, a cool badge. What could be better?

With that, I'll leave you with some inspirational words from the inspiration of this entire event, the amazing and inspirational writer, Dr. Seuss! (If you're looking for some prompts, why not look in Dr. Seuss' writing? ;) )

Kid, you'll move mountains!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
so get on your way!

Check out the entire event information here!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm
View Likes
RebelWriter says...

A Tragic End(Never say good-bye)
Here's my story that I'm submitting.......
~RebelWriter~

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:10 pm
rainforest says...

Here is my inspirational, free-verse poem. Enjoy!

Would it be Cool if I were a Mod?
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron