z

Young Writers Society

A poetry-inspired contest

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:26 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Currently reviewing all the entries. I'm planning on doing one more before I go sleep, then hopefully the rest tomorrow (should have three to do, which is achievable). I'm really happy with all the stories and the different ways you've all interpreted the prompts.

Quick note: I'm saving all the reviews as drafts, so don't worry when you don't see them. I just want everyone to,get their review at the same time, rather than days apart. :) Hopefully they'll all appear for you guys tomorrow. :smt003
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:13 pm
donizback says...

Thanks. This just saved my life. XD
I was literally wondering as to why I am getting a notification that @TriSARAHtops reviewed my work but I can't see it. I thought there is something wrong with the site not that the Cloak of Invisibility has been put on that review
Alone is what I have, alone protects me.

260 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:19 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

@donizback Huh, that's weird. Didn't realise that saving reviews as drafts did that XD.
we'll be waiting

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:35 pm
donizback says...

It didn't give me a separate notification though. it's just that I am too smart Well, if you click that "new" thingy, you'll see what people has been doing around and that's how I saw that. XD
Alone is what I have, alone protects me.

260 Reviews

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:52 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

the long awaited results!

It's been a bit of a delay, however, I've finally finished the judging, and so it is results time!

Thank you again to everyone who entered this competition. It's been awesome to read all of your stories, and seeing how you all interpreted your poems into a story. Deciding on a winner was not easy, but I've come to a decision, so it's time...

*drumrolls*

In third place:

Holy's story was super cute, and in many ways showed my favourite interpretation of a poem. She took the poem and made it into something new and different, whilst still keeping loyal to the original in a way that was rather lovely.

In second place:
@adrianmoon

Adrian's story was full of some absolutely stunning imagery, and set a wonderful atmosphere for a great interpretation of the poem 'Insomnia'.

In first place:

With a truly emotional story based on the poem by William Wordsworth, niteowl is our winner! This was a story that took the poem and built on to it, to an absolutely sensational effect. Well done!

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks again to the following entrants:

@donizback @wolfare1 @Aley @Augustus @rhiasofia @pretzelsing
we'll be waiting

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:22 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Wow. I'm stunned. Thank you! It's always fun to push my writing boundaries!

Everyone else did a great job as well, making it even more surprising that I got first place. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

This was fun :-P

Congrats guys! :3
100% autistic

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:45 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Oh my gosh, I got second. :o

Congratulations, everyone!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare