z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:29 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Yes, I've been getting those same messages as @Auxiira. Just I'm on Chrome, windows 8 & 7 Basic (for my two computers I access YWS on)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:20 pm
steampowered says...

I'm having the same problem as @Meandbooks re the Statistics page. I'm also on a PC with Windows 7, Chrome version 45.0.2454.85 m (which I believe is the latest version) None of the graphs are showing up.

I just checked on Internet Explorer (same computer, same Windows 7, but using a different browser) and the problem is exactly the same there.
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:50 pm
Lightsong says...

I published this The Fallen Princess - Part 1 story and later on found out it wasn't published and instead it was put as a draft. The problem is, it still reduces my points and I need to use another points to publish it. Please fix this bug.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:03 am
GLaDOS says...

I have a little issue.

About half an hour ago I went to publish a poem I had written, only to find that when I clicked on my work, my 250 points had been taken, and my work was saved as a draft rather than published.

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it!
mae?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:38 am
Nate says...

@xJupiter ->> Took a look, and it does not look like any points were deducted for the poem, Hey Dad (although, points were deducted for the duplicate you published after your comment). Are you certain that 250 points were removed? At most, only 200 should've been.

@Lightsong ->> Sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like you've sorted it out. Is everything okay now?

472 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 am
Lightsong says...

@Nate: In terms od publishing, yeah, I got it sorted out. But I want to know where my points went when the website placed my piece as a draft, not published one. :( I want my points back
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

425 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:48 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@Lightsong ->> Kindly asking does the trick ;)

I'll increase your points by 200.

472 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:54 am
Lightsong says...

@Nate: Hehehe, thank you. I hope there's no such thing in the future! :D

- David L. Ulin

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:55 pm
GLaDOS says...

@Nate Yes, points were taken. I published "Hey, Dad" once, and it took away 250 points, then @Tenyo kindly gave me 200 points so I could republish it, and it worked the second time.
mae?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:03 pm
Mea says...

So, uh, I recently flew across the world and changed my timezone on here. It's a 13 hour time difference from where I used to be. On the forums or in the "View New Posts" page, the timezone has changed and displays correctly, but in the People tab and on people's walls, it's still displaying it as my old timezone. It's been about 3 weeks since I changed it.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 am
TriSARAHtops says...

@meandbooks I have a feeling that that's normal, seeing as the times for me in the People tab have always been weird (I know for a fact that I'm not making status updates at 2:11 in the morning XD). Unless someone knows more than I do, I'd say that the people tab automatically defaults to a certain time zone for everyone (probably your old one), whereas the forums can be adjusted to your own timezone.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Meandbooks, @TriSARAHtops ->> Should be fixed now. Let me know if the time is still off.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

@Nate All seems to be in order! Thanks!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 am
steampowered says...

So I was browsing my trophies page and I realised I seemed to have been awarded the same badge twice, for "writing 2 reviews on the June 2015 Review Day". It's not really a big deal, just something I noticed, but thought I might as well bring it to your attention. :)

EDIT: I was browsing through @Pretzelstick's trophies page to see if anyone had been awarded a badge for the September Review Day, and I noticed they also have a duplicate of badges, so it looks like it's a glitch that's affected at least one other YWSer.
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm
Persistence says...

I don't know if any of you are getting this or if it's supposed to be this way, but I sometimes get up to 6 notifications for the same reply.

For example, "Gollum replied after your reply on Aragorn's Wall", and I got this 6 times, but when I click on each "your reply", I get sent to that same one reply to that same one post.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it properly. It's not a big deal, it's just a bit annoying to have to check if they're all the same every time.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl