Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Fixed some bugs with clubs:
- Club index updated on new comment and new topic events. Previously, it was only being updated when someone replied to a topic.
- Mentions now work for both club comments and within club topics.

As a quick note, when someone mentions you in a club topic and you click on the notification link, you'll be taken to the topic itself rather than directly to the comment in question. I know this isn't ideal, but it's the best I can do for now. At some point, I seriously need to refactor the code for clubs.

425 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 9:00 pm
Nate says...

So just for my reference, this leaves the following bugs to still be addressed:
- Publishing center bugs
- Review notification problem
- Equivocating chat bar censors

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:59 pm
Vervain says...

You might already know about this, but just for posterity, trying to access notifications gave me this error screen detail:
Spoiler! :
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'c.post_id' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, c.post_id, c.topic_id, c.page_id, n.time FROM yws_users u, yws_lit_comments c, yws_notifications n WHERE n.type = 31 AND n.user_id = 25764 AND n.time >= 1464752795 AND n.second_id = u.user_id AND n.third_id = c.comment_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_main.php
LINE: 1254
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_main->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/ucp.php
LINE: 340
CALL: p_master->load_active()
stay off the faerie paths

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:05 pm
Nate says...

Sorry about that, @Lareine! Should be resolved now.

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:08 pm
Vervain says...

That it is! Thank you, Nate!

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:51 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Just as a heads up, the recent maintenance did result in a few bugs, but nothing serious. They'll be resolved by the end of today, but just so that people are aware, these are the ones I know about:

- Who's chatting list not showing up on forums and storybooks
- Banner images for forums and storybooks not showing up
- Need to re-do the who's online listing

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:25 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Nate: Oddly enough, I also noticed that a couple of old Storybook forums (neither of which seems to have been touched after 2011), have been opened, collectively under the title of Storybook Mechanics. One section is for Storybook Advertisements, and the other has basic Storybook Guides. It can be found here: Storybook Mechanics

I honestly don't know if this is a mistake or not, as I'm fairly sure I haven't seen old topics randomly appear after scheduled maintenance (and, to be honest, they both look cool). So, um, is this a bug, or is this intentional (which I doubt, as you said there wasn't going to be any new additions. Unless, of course, you were kidding. :P)?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @TheSilverFox! Those were old forums that are no longer in use, though I forget why. I've re-archived them, but it may be worth bringing them back.

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:48 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Nate wrote:Just as a heads up, the recent maintenance did result in a few bugs, but nothing serious. They'll be resolved by the end of today, but just so that people are aware, these are the ones I know about:

- Who's chatting list not showing up on forums and storybooks
- Banner images for forums and storybooks not showing up
- Need to re-do the who's online listing

@Nate ->> Fixed! Thanks for reporting the bugs.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Hey @Nate, that chat bar keeps freezing up so when I send a message, it either won't go through or I'll have to reload the page to actually see the message. I noticed it tends to happen when the conversation is really long.

Browser- Firefox
Time problem occurred- I don't really know, but just when I'm using the chatbar
Your operating system- Windows 10 PC
Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:20 pm
Nate says...

@AnnGrace ->> Try resetting the zoom for your browser. You can do this in most browsers by pressing ctrl+0. If that doesn't work, let me know what your browser version & operating system is and I'll try to take a look.

425 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:58 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

A bug for the king!

So a few minutes ago, I clicked on a link to a user's profile (actually my old username, so ancientforever). Obviously, no one's taken it, so it takes me to the "this user does not exist" page. However, when I tried to click onto the logo to bring me back to the index, instead of bringing me to index.php it brought me to profile/index.php -- which I think is a pretty obvious problem, haha.

It did the same thing from other nonsense usernames I typed in to test it, so I figured I should drop it here.

Edit -- it also brings me to profile/ucp.php and profile/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox -- but, for some reason, not for Notifications.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:23 am
Nate says...

@Lareine ->> Haha, you made me laugh with your opening line :)

That is indeed a bug! Should be pretty easy to squash though. Thanks for reporting it!

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 pm
artbyandream says...

- Include your browser: chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m

- Time problem occurred: today and yesterday

- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?: I was publishing a work an error message appeared and my work wasn't published but all my points were gone. This happened again today.

- Your operating system: Windows vista

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:41 am
Aley says...

- Chrome
- Today
- I was trying to edit the rules of my inbox and got a really weird screen. There was a bunch of code at the top of the page and the drop down menus wouldn't work. They were also cut in half. I don't know if it was just my browser or what, but this is the url I had at the time: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options not that it probably helps, but whatever. There it is. it had this at the top in grey
Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
but there was a lot more of it. I navigated away from the page and back to it and it still did it.
- Windows 10

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh