z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:44 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yes, that's it. I just checked my folders, and the chapter is in none of them.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:50 pm
Nate says...

@AstralHunter ->> I'll take a look into what happened, but for now, I've moved it into your folder for the novel and bumped it to the top of the Green Room.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks, Nate! I can view the chapter now.

Unfortunately, another potential bug has come to my attention. I am at this moment having a conversation with TheClockworkConjurer, and my YWS tabs say "New Messages" and regularly change back to the normal heading, but I can't see the IM bar at all. This happened recently during another conversation too. I don't know if the heat wave here has something to do with it, but it's definitely strange. (I can see the conversation in the Chat Bar History, which is even stranger...)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:54 am
Sevro says...

To anyone who can fix YWS:

When I tried to post my awful new poem, to format it into stanza form, I know that I have to convert the text into Quote, then backspace and enter at the beginning of each line, then enter again for the breaks between the stanzas. I put it into Quote, backspaces, but when I entered, it would just go back to the double-spaced format, instead of single-spaced (or whatever it is). I don't think it's a problem with my iPad, and I have posted a poem before on it, so I'm not sure what's wrong. It is depressing my writing-mood. Just thought I'd let someone know!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:49 am
Pretzelstick says...

So, I was in the process of saving a review draft, and then I got this error-message and decided to screenshot it since the all caps red letters seemed kind of urgent. As a side note, I still got this after refreshing the page a couple of times:

I'm using Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.111 m)-the newest one - and Windows 10-if you wanted to know.

Thanks~
Attachments
general error.png
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

425 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:41 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Caterpickle ->> I apologize for the delay in getting back to you! What you've described is the default behavior for posting poems on YWS. There's a way around it though by holding down shift while pressing enter for a new line.

I understand it's pretty frustrating, and there is a fix for it coming soon.

@Pretzelstick ->> That error can be safely ignored -- it shouldn't be anything more than just annoying. Thanks for reporting it though, and there is a fix coming for it :)

346 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:07 am
Pretzelstick says...

So I think that this might be an error, that I have noticed for some time, but I am only reporting it now. The hall of fame, on my computer has apparently not been updated since Oct. of last year, and I (myself) was currently the preceding FM. I was wondering if you could look into this/fix that Nate.
Thank you.

I'm using Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.111 m)-the newest one - and Windows 10-if you wanted to know.
Attachments
screenshot-www.youngwriterssociety.com 2016-02-09 21-02-25.png
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

425 Reviews

346 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Thank you Nate! I don't know if you are/are not aware of this, but chat bar (for a lot of users) have been acting up by making this weird bubble of text. There have been plenty of screenshots(several), but so far, noone has reported this bug in the thread.
Attachments
screenshot-www.youngwriterssociety.com 2016-02-10 20-32-02.png
screenshot-www.youngwriterssociety.com 2016-02-10 20-32-02.png (3.34 KiB) Viewed 142 times
~George R. Martin

got yws?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:51 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Hi! I'm using a Chrome version 48.0.2564.97 m on a Windows 9 thing. The time was 8:45pm CST, and I went to look at the leader boards (which are looking awesome with the points + reviews, btw). I was obvs. not on the leader board for the month, but it shows what rank I am at the bottom, so I check it out. Says I'm rank 112, which I can believe, but tells me I got 1125 points from 9 reviews, which is just not correct (I only did one!). This points and review amount is the same as the last person on the review board (15th), which is currently Falconer, with 1125 points and 9 reviews. THANKS!

Edit

I realize the first post says report only bugs that make the site unusable, but I figured you'd want to know this? Well, I'll post this warning...

*** NON-CRITICAL BUG ALERT ***
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 am
Rosendorn says...

This has happened a few times, and at first I attributed it to a one-off fluke (a work from December showing up in November in the Green Room), then I noticed it kept happening. This is one of the largest gaps:

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.53.25 PM.png

Right above it, there's a work from December 5th in with December 1sts. At first it just seemed to be right where the "load more" window is, where within 2 or 3 of that mark newer works jump up, but that screenshot is pretty far away from the load more button on either side.

Chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 (64-bit), Mac OS 10.9.5
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:06 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Pretzelstick ->> Heh, I hate it when people do that instead of just reporting the bug! Thank you for doing so :)

I'll go ahead and take a look at it.

Edit

The chat bar bubble bug is now fixed. It was a conflict with the CSS styling added in the leaderboards update.

@Hannah ->> No worries about reporting non-critical bugs! I should update the first post -- I forgot that was there. I'll figure out what's going on with that.

EDIT

Leaderboards bug should be fixed now.

@Rosendorn ->> What's going on with the dates in the Green Room is that the author has bumped them. Bumping gives it a new timestamp and moves it to the top of the literary area, but it doesn't change the work's order in the Green Room. So in the screenshot you posted, the work was originally published on December 4, but bumped on December 26.

It is confusing though even to me, and what I should do is add some kind of notice to it in the Green Room (e.g., posted on X, bumped on Y).

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

That would be helpful, Nate! Good to know what's going on.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hi Nate,

I have been trying to help someone out with editing posts in a club's forum. As an admin, you have the ability to edit the first post (the topic) but for some reason it's not working. I hit the screen here:

^There I'm trying to edit the post by adding dashes to the beginning. I hit "Submit" and it doesn't edit it. It just goes back to the original post:

I know clubs are weird to begin with, but this definitely feels like a bug.

I'm using Windows 10, Opera - 35.0.2066.37

For reference, this is also happening to @ScarlettFire, her specs are below.

Windows 8.1, Chrome Version 48.0.2564.103 m
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:23 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Yay, the leader boards show me with my sadly sad one review (thanks to @Pretzelstick). Thanks, @Nate!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman