z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hashtags don't appear to be working for me. I click on the hashtag here (Pompadour's wall, latest status as of this writing, if it's not there anymore just do a find for #KBpicks). I have tried from the People tab, Pomp's wall, and the status itself. Each time it takes me to an empty page.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Rosendorn, I think that's the same bug I've encountered when there are capital letters in a hashtag. /people/hash/KBpicks won't show anything, but /people/hash/kbpicks will show it.
stay off the faerie paths

1272 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

Thanks @Lareine. It worked!

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:54 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @Rosendorn for the report, and @Lareine for the fix! I've gone ahead and added the same fix in the backend so it should all work now.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:38 pm
Holysocks says...

I've been noticing chat has been lying lately. In "who's chatting" it will list a couple people, and then when you enter chat there's a few more people. I used another tab to see if it was just that a bunch of people had entered when I had, but there was still the same people under the "who's chatting" thing, and the only change was that I was now there.

Just thought I'd say something in case it was something!

EDIT: It either does that or it will have less people than what it says- but I had thought that was just because people weren't fully connecting into chat, or leaving right after.
100% autistic

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:25 pm
Lumi says...

Chrome

When privacy options are set to allow only followers to view one's profile, it disallows you from viewing your own profile. If you reach the screen that tells you that the profile is set to private and then try to navigate away from the profile using the YWS interface, the URL will interpret this as "youngwriterssociety.com/profile/newlocation". i.e. 'newlocation' would be RPG for the storybook tab, index for the home page, etc.

I subverted the bug by loosening my privacy settings.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:06 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Spoiler! :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Data too long for column 'config_value' at row 1 [1406]

SQL

UPDATE yws_config SET config_value = 'a:9:{i:0;i:3;i:1;i:300;i:2;i:1;i:3;s:184:\"<html>\r\n<head><title>500 Internal Server Error</title></head>\r\n<body bgcolor=\"white\">\r\n<center><h1>500 Internal Server Error</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\";i:4;a:1:{i:0;i:1457978505;}i:5;i:0;i:6;i:0;i:7;i:600;i:8;b:1;}' WHERE config_name = 'tapatalk_push_slug'

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 160
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/mobiquo/push/TapatalkPush.php
LINE: 37
CALL: set_config()

FILE: [ROOT]/mobiquo/push/TapatalkBasePush.php
LINE: 159
CALL: TapatalkPush->set_push_slug()

LINE: 337
CALL: TapatalkBasePush->do_push_request()

LINE: 159
CALL: TapatalkPush->push()

FILE: [ROOT]/mobiquo/hook/functions_posting_hook.php
LINE: 20
CALL: TapatalkPush->doPushReply()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 2901
CALL: include('[ROOT]/mobiquo/hook/functions_posting_hook.php')

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 1218
CALL: submit_post()

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster immediately with a copy of this error message at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

I submitted a post that exceeded 8900 words (41000 characters), which prompted this error message to appear. I don't think it had any effect on my post, but whenever I see "Please notify the board administrator or webmaster immediately with a copy of this error message at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com", I come here or send you a PM, Nate.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 pm
Nate says...

@Lumi ->> Thanks for reporting the bug! It should be fixed now.

@Astralhunter ->> Thanks for reporting it! I'm guessing you were trying to submit a long forum post? It looks like the error has something to do with Tapatalk, which is the mobile app YWS uses, but I'll try to figure out what's going on.

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:48 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yes, it was a post for a storybook. It's odd that Tapatalk should be concerned, though, since I had posted that from my PC.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

425 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm
Nate says...

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with Tapatalk in that either. But, whenever you submit a post, it also gets submitted through to Tapatalk so that people using it can also view the post. It also updates a configuration value for push notifications when it does this, and what happened with the bug you reported is that the config value was too large.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:15 pm
SemperAugustus says...

Hi Nate,

I bumped my work (Beyond - Chapter 2) and then saw a typo in the description. After saving it, for some reason it was no longer bumped.
I'm using a PC and the latest version of firefox.

Thanks!

293 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 am
BrumalHunter says...

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, but if you chat in IM for a prolonged time and don't do anything else, YWS registers your account as being inactive and logs you out, often during the middle of the conversation.
— Paul the Apostle

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:13 pm
Pretzelstick says...

The Hall of Fame for the featured members is remained not updated and frozen on February 17th when @Meandbooks was the FM.

Mozilla Firefox, latest model. Just thought to let you know Nate.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

The chat room description seems to be "holding on" to whoever's in there, even after they've left. I went inside after it said Sagitta was in there, but there was nobody else in the room (I figured that Sagitta would not be in there, because she wasn't on the 'users online' list). When I left and checked back on the forums page, it says I'm still in there. Seems to be an issue with the "[x] and some funky orangutans' coding. It's not replacing it to "nobody but us".

Chrome 49.0.2623.87 (64-bit), Mac OS 10.11.4

Edit- It's been 45 minutes and it still says I'm in there.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:48 am
Auxiira says...

I think the WFP might be down? I've tried getting in through different links, but I keep getting told that it refuses to connect. That might be a thing on their end though?

Newest chrome, windows 10. 10:40 GMT+1

EDIT: It now works.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning