z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I can't access anything in my PM inbox. The inbox itself loads fine, then I click a message to try and load it. It takes about a minute to get a "The website is currently unavailable" and this transfers to every tab YWS is open in. I can only get YWS back by clicking "Retry for live version of the site" outside my inbox.

OS/Browser info's the same as above.

Browser: Safari, version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:47 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

I'm on the most recent Chrome, and it happened just then.

I can't get into my Outbox or my Saved Messages, though all the rest of my PMs open just fine. I've never had the problem before and I think I should have at least two Outbox messages. They're not super important, it's just a worry.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

Not sure if someone has posted this already but something I have noticed is that occasionally I will get a notification, so I click on notifications but then there is nothing there.

However, I think this is when people reply to a review I've posted. So it notifies me when someone has replied to the review but it doesn't give a link to it in the notifications section.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm
Hannah says...

I'd like to second Beck's report. I think I thought of that in chat one day and never reported it.

And also that I noticed a weird thing where if I'm in second on the review leaderboard for the day, it will tell me I'm in third in the little blurb on the homepage, when the leaderboard stats aren't open.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 am
crossroads says...

beckiw wrote:Not sure if someone has posted this already but something I have noticed is that occasionally I will get a notification, so I click on notifications but then there is nothing there.

This happens to me too lately, a lot. But as I can guess what the notifications are for, I always go and check a couple of things on could-be list, and there are always new things there. So, basically, I do get notifications. They just don't appear normally.
I can't explain it better :s
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 am
elysian says...

Version- 7.2.3_ user_2330720 (browser- I don't really know....)
Time-last few days
Description-When I go to chat it won't load. Rosey said that you guys upgraded but I tried this on a computer and It also wouldn't load. I always use chat when I'm not writing or reviewing and I can't get it to load, please help.
System: My brand new Kindle Fire HD

~Lylas
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

117 Reviews

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Lylas wrote:Version- 7.2.3_ user_2330720 (browser- I don't really know....)
Time-last few days
Description-When I go to chat it won't load. Rosey said that you guys upgraded but I tried this on a computer and It also wouldn't load. I always use chat when I'm not writing or reviewing and I can't get it to load, please help.
System: My brand new Kindle Fire HD

~Lylas

As I understood, it's now based on Flash.. Maybe the problem is in your devices not supporting it?
- they/them -

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am
View Likes
Lycando says...

I'm using Mozilla Firefox

So when I go to my wall and try to post a status update, I click "Post" but nothing happens. And the status doesn't get posted either. It just happened to me today.
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 am
niteowl says...

So lately I've been getting several notifications that make no sense. I can attach a screenshot of what I just got. They usually go "[User1] replied to your reply on [User2]'s wall". When I click on them, I just see something on User2's wall that I didn't reply to. I'm using a PC with a Google Chrome browser.

Spoiler! :
ghostnotifications.PNG
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 am
noninjaes says...

Kind of a big issue here, but THERE IS NO CHAT, NOT EVEN IN THE SOURCE CODE, WHERE IS THE CHAT - MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!

*Takes a deep breath.* But seriously, there's no chat - google chrome, Windows 7.

Nevermind, all is well now.

Chat is once again not working. I've refreshed several times and even let it load for 10 minutes, but chat is doing nothing but saying "Chat Loading... Please Wait." I've been waiting for the last 10 minutes!!!
Windows 7. Google Chrome.

Once again chat is now co-operating.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hullohullo

Today I posted a thing on Sachiko's wall with a new grouptag and hashtag, but these bring up a SQL error when I click them. It does the same for a couple other people who were in chat.

In fact, Chibibo put the same hash tag #thisisathing on his wall and it works, but only for his one post, not either of mine. people.php?hash=thisisathing

I'm using the most current Chrome. I don't know why they're broken for me.

Sachi's wall: profile.php?u=4147
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Spoiler! :
Safari, 6.0.2
From 6:10 (since YWS went down from the brief downtime to around now which is 6:16 GMT time.
OS X 10.8.2

I was on chat in the main lounge (with two PM tabs open) when YWS went down. When it came back up, the area where you see other people's messages was completely white and the friend list doesn't show up either. The Earth button doesn't have that orange arrow when I press on it, as if it was stuck. I've refreshed a few times and it's still the same. The counter for the new messages in the tab seems to be working though.

... I literally opened the chat tab again and found someone PMing me and it finally worked. It was strange though, so I'll leave this here anyway. I can now send messages.

:)

Edit: I clicked away from chat and it happened again at around 6 55 GMT. I had two PMs open so the 'Maximum number of private chats' warning appeared when I asked Audy to PM me and banning/unbanning doesn't appear to work.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 pm
View Likes
Maddymayhem says...

I can't submit any work on my phone, PlayStation, or laptop. It's frozen both my laptop and PlayStation 3:
[user]
-Maddy Mayhem

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Blues wrote:When it came back up, the area where you see other people's messages was completely white and the friend list doesn't show up either. The Earth button doesn't have that orange arrow when I press on it, as if it was stuck. I've refreshed a few times and it's still the same. The counter for the new messages in the tab seems to be working though.

Happening to me too, I tried refreshing it numerous times now.. I'm really not lucky with chat, huh.

iPad, btw ^^
- they/them -

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Happening to me too, I tried refreshing it numerous times now.. I'm really not lucky with chat, huh.

iPad, btw ^^

I don't know if it works for regular members but asking someone to PM you or typing /join (chatroom name) takes you to a new chatroom where you can click back to the lounge. It's a temporary fix but make sure you close it after because otherwise it will annoy you :P

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow