z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm
Nate says...

Kyllorac ->> My bad! Thanks for reporting it.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Hey Nate,

Not sure if this is a glitch, or I'm crazy, but I've seen this a couple of times now.

I'll be told I've received a notification, click on it. Then I see this:

"BaronFlame replied to your reply on Jiggity's Wall."

Except, 'your reply' and 'Jiggity's Wall' will be links. Clicking on either one takes me to my wall, not to the comment. But that's beside the point - I don't even think there is a comment. This happened previously with another username I'm unfamiliar with, it just takes me to my wall where nothing's changed.

It's not a matter of it being slow to record the comment either, it's been days since the first, and I still get the same thing. No change, no comment.

Any idea what's going on?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:26 am
View Likes
Lycando says...

Same here, I get the notifications too but no comment, only a link to my own wall.
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:33 am
LemonyIce says...

Hey Nate! :D

Okay so, this is regarding Portfolios and it's been happening since yesterday. I know they're being updated, but I just thought I'd ask you about this. I've got three folders, and no unsorted works. So every time I open my Portfolio, it allows me to view one of my folders. But when I try to view the others, it keeps taking me back to the first folder and I can't see any of the others. On the other hand, when I have some unsorted works, I'm able to view all my folders. o.O I thought it might just be me, so I went and checked some other Portfolios but the same thing's happening when they don't have any unsorted works, such as this one, and [/url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/profile/KatKage/portfolio/457810]this one.[/url] Also this one.

Oh, and I was using Chrome, and after that it was Safari. Not sure if it's a bug, though.

Thanks! :D
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:43 pm
pahoem says...

Hey Nate! I have been asking around and everybody has told me to come to you about my problem. I'm going to attach a screen shot so you can see what is going on. It my portfolio I have three folders: An unsorted one, my Sacrafice Novel, and then...in the middle of those is a blank, unnamed folder. Somehow both of my uploaded chapters have been moved to this unnamed folder and I am unable to open it to move the chapters out or even look at them. Please help me fix this?! Thankyou!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91422482@N ... /lightbox/

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:20 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

My knack for bug finding strikes again. Just when I thought I'd lost my touch.

I cannot switch between portfolio folders for DJMs who have sorted all of their work and have not customized their profiles. This means Lumi and RachealElg.

And I just poked around more. The pattern is broken with Audy, who doesn't seem to have anything in her portfolio at all.

Browser: Safari, version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:28 am
methrirr123 says...

I keep getting notifications that "whoever" has replied to my post on my wall, then I go there, and it's just my post with no reply. What is happening to me?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:07 am
reason says...

Puckerman96 shows up on my Followers list -three times.

Edit: I can no longer block people.

This is a problem. I like to block people to avoid having to report them.
Last edited by reason on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 pm
Cadi says...

reason wrote:Puckerman96 shows up on my Followers list -three times.

And on mine, Karzkin twice and chibibo six times. I think chibibo wins that round.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:05 am
PenguinAttack says...

I can't for some reason x out of chatbar conversations anymore. I click the "x" and they disappear but reappear moments later. I'm on Chrome, most recent version.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm
Rydia says...

Hi Nate,

Also having trouble viewing pieces in a person's portfolio folders. I haven't found one that works for me yet, though I'll admit I've not tried loads, but a fair mix of members so no pattern to report.

Chrome. Version 23.0.1271.97 m.

Also, CaptainFinick has '0' posts and it won't let me view any by then. This is a contradiction since they have items in their portfolio etc.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:45 pm
deleted3 says...

I've had the same problem as AriaAdams and I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

In addition, I reviewed someone's work, and I could not find it on "etherealember's posts", neither did I get a notification when the writer replied to my review.
Love to Live, Live to Love <--- My Motto
http://ekarimbvundula.blogspot.com <--- My Blog
Follow me on:
https://twitter.com/EtherealEmber <--- My Twitter

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:01 pm
Love says...

Sometimes YWS freezes on me. This usually (if not always) just happens when zooming/moving YWS from one monitor to another. I'm using Chrome ^^ If this happens, the browser/tab doesn't close. Usually the best solution is to wait. Chrome still mostly works outside. It's just the YWS space itself. I don't have this problem on my phone (which doesn't have the Chatbar (which I think might possibly be causing the problem)).
I was Amareth :)

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Whenever I submit something it comes out in a big blob of words (even if I put breaks in between paragraphs) and random question marks in place of quotation marks and apostrophes.
So it would look like this:
???Wait I don???t understand??? he said.
Instead of:
"Wait I don't understand!"
It's kinda frustrating and I have no idea what's going on. Maybe Internet Explorer is just awful like everyone says.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 am
View Likes
reason says...

I can't post my review. It's not my first review of the day. What happens is that it says it's submitting it and that I need to please wait . . . and I've waited ten minutes. I've refreshed the page -making sure it hasn't been submitted and then I've tried resubmitting it: three times.

I've used another browser from Firefox to Safari.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 17.0.1
Browser: Safari 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal