z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:01 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @AllisontheWriter for the heads up! I appreciate that quite a bit :)

WFP is now back up and running. Ifwhen it happens again, don't hesitate to contact me here or even send me a PM.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:21 pm
RachitBansal says...

Include your browser.
- Time problem occurred- Ever since I've joined this site
- A detailed description of what happened- Whenever I try to edit my profile details, I put all my details in the columns, and click on the submit button but it's doesn't update the details.
- Your operating system- iOS, iPad, Google chrome
-Rachit Bansal

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:49 pm
Brigadier says...

I've been getting an error message after submitting my reviews. It has happened twice so far but doesn't happen every single time.
General Error

template->_tpl_load(): No file specified for handle body

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster immediately with a copy of this error message at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

Currently I'm using Edge but I also had the error one other time in Chrome. Both have been updated recently but I'm not sure of the specific version.

When I finish my reviews I click submit and it gives me the confirmation the review has gone through. But when I ask to go back to the review itself, it starts to load and then goes to the error screen. I've had it happen on a couple of the reviews I did this morning but on others there was no error message and everything went through fine.

It happened about 8 AM and then again at 12:45 PM.

My operating system is Windows 10.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:31 am
Que says...

I have been unable to submit this one review for several hours today. Every time I click the submit button, an error message pops up and won't let me review or comment.
This is the error message:

"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x8F\xBE I...' for column 'comment_text' at row 1 [1366]"

I don't know if it's something that I could change to fix, but it's quite frustrating. I've been trying to submit on Safari and Firefix on a PC and iPad, if that makes any difference.

EDIT: somehow I got it working! You can disregard this.
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:09 pm
Sheadun says...

I submitted my next chapter of my book to the novels section, and it took my points but did not publish it. It is called The Shadow Crown and it was chapter three.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:39 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The storybook forum refuses to accept posts submitted with copy/paste material in them (i.e. from a document or WFP). This problem persists with or without cache cleaned; on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge (yee, I'm desperate); with new text added; with coding removed; while editing a post submitted previously with no copy/pasted material contained within.

W10, Chrome, Firefox, mEdge, full moderator powers active in the area if that could be a factor.

The error message given:

ETA: The bug occurred because the post included a [media] tag, which has given problems in the past. So no worries beyond the minor media bug.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:27 pm
View Likes
RippleGylf says...

This month's review day, while I can see the teams, I can't see a button to join a team. They also still have last month's names. Any chance of this getting fixed in time?
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Been trying to get the button to join a team to show up but all I get is this and I cant figure out how to get it to change back. Im using Google Chrome Version 53.0.2785.116 m (64-bit) if that helps..though it seems that other have had the same issue
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:53 pm
mavisknightley says...

Hello!

I have what will hopefully be a quick question: I am unable to update my About section in my profile. Every time I fill out the form and click Submit, I am brought back to an empty form and nothing is updated. I have tried in Chrome and Explorer, and have had no luck.

Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time. :)

-mav

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm
ThatAndalite says...

Basically, this page isn't working for me. It only shows this, over and over again..

Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

This happens every time I try to access my PM options and whatnot, under "Rules, folders, and settings". So far I've only had this issue today - I don't know if it'll continue to happen.

EDIT: It kept happening today, too. I REALLY need to organize stuff soon, so this isn't helping..

EDIT 2: Keeps happening. Even on different computers..
~the bab(thatandalite)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:57 am
Amnesia says...

Hey guys, I've been having issues with my poems for a few weeks now where I'll publish them but it only saves it as a draft and it takes my points. All my browser's are up to date and such.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:52 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

WFP is down!

I've tried on both Safari and Chrome on my Mac, as well as Chrome on Android, and there's a few others experiencing the same.

EDIT like 30 minutes later, it seems to be back.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:49 pm
crossroads says...

When I get a notification that someone's replied to this thread - Pitch Workshop! How To Summarize Your Novel - and click on it, it tells me that "Requested topic does not exist". I can open it fine if it's from a notification of someone liking it, though, and every other link to it. It's been so ever since I posted it (Tue, Dec 13), I just only now got around to reporting it here.

It's a global announcement thread for today's workshop.

Same thing in Chrome on Android, Safari on iPad, and Safari/Chrome on Mac (OSX El Capitan)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:25 pm
Rubric says...

A post I made on the SD&D Death Penalty Debate Thread has been replaced by the response to it by another poster, which seems odd. I am unsure if the problem is with my browser, or with the site itself.

Spoiler! :
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105831&start=15 The post I made was on December 12, but its content has been overridden by a post made by SirLight soon afterwards
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:49 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

The media code won't work for the mp3. I tried this:

[media ]http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Z08Oz5tArM.mp3[/media]

Either it's not working, or I'm doing it wrong. I added the ".mp3" on the end of the link, and it showed up in my post at first, but then literally disappeared when I went to click on it.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues