324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 pm
Evander says...

- Include your browser and version.
Google Chrome, Version 40.0.2214.115 m
- Time problem occurred.
February 26th, around 4:30PM.
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?
I was trying to log back into chat when this happened. Image I reloaded the page, and the screen was still like that. Only when I switched to Firefox was I able to actually use chat. When I was on my mom's laptop using Google Chrome, chat was fine. Only when I'm on my computer does chat act up and do that.
- Your operating system.
Windows 7.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:49 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@AdrianMoon ->> Most likely, the issue is with the browser. You can try refreshing the cache by pressing ctrl + F5.

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 am
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

My review count says that I've done 184 reviews but then I look at the reviews I did on my wall and it says I've done 182. *These numbers will change because I'm doing reviews a lot lately.
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 am
Rosendorn says...

So I've lost my chatbar. My chat is also taking up the full amount of the browser window. Just started today and I have no idea what's going on.

My zoom's on normal. I have cleared my cache for the past week. It's still not there.

I'm on Chrome version 41.0.2272.76 (64-bit), Mac OS 10.9.5

EDIT- On a hunch, I turned my chatbar on for mobile. It showed up. So it appears YWS thinks I'm on mobile, when I'm on my computer.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

240 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:19 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Yeah! I also lost my chat bar.

My Chrome verison is Version 41.0.2272.76 m

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 pm
Meshugenah says...

Same as above, no chat bar. Rosey, I tried what you did, but no dice - however, when I went back and disabled mobile, it did appear (as if logged out, which I had been) as just the speech bubble, but then disappeared when the page redirected to the homepage.

I'm on my chromebook, chrome version 41.0.2272.76.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

16 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 16

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:41 am
Skydreamer says...

My chat bar isn't showing up either! For some reason when I logged in it just completely wasn't there! I've been refreshing and it just won't show up.

Google Chrome, Version 41.0.2272.76 m
Windows 8
March 5th 2015
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:11 am
niteowl says...

So I don't really use chatbar much, but when I noticed all these bug reports on Chrome I figured I'd check to see if mine was working. It was, and I'm currently running version 40.0.2214.115 m. I'll update this when I update Chrome to see if chatbar is still working.

EDIT: Now using 41.0.2272.76 m on Windows 7 and as expected, I no longer see the chatbar (zoom is normal).
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

16 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 16

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 pm
TigersMoon says...

@KatyaElefant I'm experiencing something close to your problem.

I'm using Chrome, but I don't know the version. Latest, I believe. I have a PC with windows 7.

This occurred today.

I was checking out the leader boards and I noticed it said I had done 40 reviews on the All Time board, but I knew I had done 42. I went here, saw KatyaElefant's post, checked on my review page on my profile and got 41. This isn't urgent, Nate, so don't feel rushed to get back at me.

Three ghosts in the lighthouse

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:30 pm
Auxiira says...

@TigersMoon, @KatyaElephant if I remember rightly, it's probably because you posted in forums that used to count as "reviewable" forums. Quite a few of the older members have the same thing going on.

I think I've got it right?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Chat bar show now be fixed on Chrome -- thanks all for reporting the issue and including the version number of the browser!

Re: review counts ->> Review counts are going to differ -- it's not a bug, it's expected. If you're an older member (pre-2012), it's because the way a review is counted has changed over time. If you're a newer member (2012 - present), then it's probably because a review of yours was deleted. The review count you see next to your avatar is a constant, fixed number -- it only increases and never decreases. On the other hand, the reviews listed in the reviews tab of your profile are changeable. Some get deleted, others get edited, etc.

240 Reviews

Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Thanks Nate! :D

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath