z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 am
Mea says...

Clicking "Select All" in the [ code ] [ /code ] box makes you jump back to the top of the page and doesn't select the text in the box. The weird thing is that I think I've also had it reload the page for me, though that was a couple days ago and a different code box.

Example:
Code: Select all
[b]I'm reporting a bug.[/b]

EDIT: Yep, this one does it as well.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The People Tab has a link to original comment underneath the options to see all posts or only the posts from the followers. Also, though the first couple of posts seem alright, the posts underneath them aren't even formatted into actual posts - they're just text on top of a white background.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I would try deleting as many of the "broken quote" statuses as you can, as that's likely what's causing it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:49 pm
Mageheart says...

@Rosendorn, I never posted any of them, so I'm not sure what the problem is with mine.

Also, to add onto my previous post, it seems like the only page that's affected is the first one. Any other page doesn't seem to have broken.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 am
ChieTheWriter says...

ChieRynn wrote:Tried again to delete a post of someone else on a club's wall I created. It didn't work. It gave me the "Yes, Delete" and the "DO NOT DELETE" option and I hit yes. It said it was deleted, but when I reloaded the page the post was still there.

?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

The "edit post," "delete," and any other buttons (except report) don't work for me in clubs whenever I'm admin. For example, I had a post that I disliked in a club (I got the person to delete it though) that I tried to delete but didn't work... and when I tried to edit a post to take out swearing it didn't work either.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:44 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

DemonGoddess wrote:The "edit post," "delete," and any other buttons (except report) don't work for me in clubs whenever I'm admin. For example, I had a post that I disliked in a club (I got the person to delete it though) that I tried to delete but didn't work... and when I tried to edit a post to take out swearing it didn't work either.

Same thing happens to me.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:35 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

I know @Holysocks is also experiencing this, so this isn't just me! Anyway, when looking at my notifications, the timestamps are off. Says that I'm in August 2nd when it's still August 1st here.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

1081 Reviews

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 am
Virgil says...

Yo. I don't mean to double-post, but I've been meaning to drop this issue in here as well. All Photobucket photos on the site have turned to a photo with a gauge captioned '100% Third Party Hosting Limit' and then above this is 'Please update your account to enable third party hosting' and then below is 'For more important info, go to http://www.Photobucket.com/P500 ' and that's pretty much all I know (other than the link wanting to purchase an upgrade for third party hosting). Should we avoid Photobucket for now on because of this/is this an easy fix?

Oh! I can say that this started occurring before the site went down for maintenance. At least a day before, though I forgot to post about that here sooner.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:25 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

@Nikayla - that's not a YWS issue, it's an internet-wide thing. Photobucket is being utterly crappy and decided out of the blue that it won't let users embed pictures on other sites anymore unless you pay a subscription of $400 a year. And this goes for images that have already been embedded, so billions of pictures all over the web no longer work.

Needless to say, I'm not using Photobucket anymore. $400 to host the occasional picture? Um, no.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1081 Reviews

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 pm
Virgil says...

@Mea Ah, thanks! I don't use Photobucket so I wouldn't know about that.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Banning from clubs should now work, though deleting comments still won't work for admins.

The timedate issue may work now as well. If not, it may take a while to track it down just because of the nature of the bug.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 am
sheysse says...

Kind of a small but annoying issue here. Note that I haven't tested whether this is only affecting my phone from which I'm writing this, but I have made sure that yes, the issue persists no matter what browsing application I'm using. Tomorrow, when I get a chance, I'll test to see if it also affects other devices.

I followed a user today, (it was WeirdoPotato, if that info helps in the slightest), and they then followed me back. I got the notification that they did so. However, if I opened my notification bar, it wouldn't stop giving me the notification. The message that I had been followed continued to appear as my most recent notification, and it still is. I've tried clicking it, logging out, clearing my history, using a different app, and now I'm out of ideas. Again, not sure if this is device-specific... When I have access to my PC tomorrow, I'll check and see.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 am
sheysse says...

I checked with saentiel, and she pointed out that the same issue occurred when someone tried to follow her. However, the issue seems to have corrected itself, and I at least am no longer experiencing it. Just thought I'd say so for posterity.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:56 pm
Lavvie says...

I am experiencing the same issue as Sheyren and saentiel, wherein a user followed me but the notification refuses to go away.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel