Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 am
View Likes
Nate says...

IMPORTANT
When reporting a bug, please include the following information:
- Include your browser.
- Time problem occurred.
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?
- Your operating system.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm
Lava says...

- Include your browser and version. - Firefox 16.0

- Time problem occurred - a couple of times in past couple of months

- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?
Okay, so there's is a certain lag I have noticed when someone posts on my wall. As in, at time x, the comment won't be there and at time x+30 mins, the comment will be there and it will say 'y' hours ago.
10 mins back, on my wall, I saw Yoda's comment followed by Blues'. Now, I see Mickixoxo's as well, between Blues' and Yoda's. I'm not sure if it's just me, but throwing it in here.

- Your operating system. Win 7
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 am
PenguinAttack says...

I'm on Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 beta-m (apparently!)
And it's 3.23pm

When I click on 0 Reviews or 1 Review, the list is a mixture of review amounts? It seems to be doing a chronological thing rather than just that number of reviews.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

425 Reviews

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:09 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Lava ->> I think I know what's going on, and it is something that I need to fix. What's wrong is just the system used to calculate times. If you look around, you'll almost never see "1 hour ago," because the system always rounds up to "2 hours."

PA ->> That number in the little bubbles is just the number of comments. In some cases, what may be going on is that people aren't marking their review as a review.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Ooh thanks, Nate. I completely forgot about comments existing.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I am on Internet Explorer. I don't quite know the exact version, as I am on a school computer, and thus I don't have any way to get that info.

Anyway, this has happened everytime I have submitted my work ever since October. First it was the paragraphs not working and now...

work.php?id=98248

I don't know what went wrong. It's making the pleasure of submitting my work, well, nonpleasurable.

I copy and pasted this from Microsoft Word 2007
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 pm
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I get that thing on IE too so I just wait 'till I get home to submit, but I find that in general IE is rather buggy when it comes to YWS.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

425 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm
Nate says...

Thanks omniyus and ninja for reporting the bug. I'll take a look at it soon and get it resolved.

Just a general question for everyone, but do you feel that the rich text editor is helpful or annoying?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 am
Kale says...

Annoying. Then again, I'm biased against WYSIWYG editors in general.

I still feel there should at least be the option to edit works in BBCode and/or HTML.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 am
Nate says...

I'm pretty sure there's a way to view the html source code in the rich text editor. Unfortunately, adding in an option to edit in bbcode would be devilishly complicated. It's either one or the other.

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the rich text editor, but I need more people to weigh in.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 am
Kale says...

I'm pretty sure there's a way to view the html source code in the rich text editor.

If there is, I've never found it, and not from lack of trying.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 am
Aet Lindling says...

Honestly, I would prefer a straight HTML editor as well, but the userbase as a whole will probably find a RTE better to use for obvious reasons.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm
deleted15 says...

Hi, Nate

I use the latest version of Firefox and Chrome and the bug mentioned below happens on both for me. I've also tried refreshing in case something similar was happening to a few days ago when you were testing the new browse page.

Leaderboards Summary:
You are ranked at number 18 for today! To crack the top 15, you only need to do 0 more reviews.

This is happening on the home page, while being placed in the top 15 for not bothering to complete any more reviews seems like a relaxing prospect... it just wouldn't be the European way to be rewarded for nothing! Also, I believe I only did one review over the last day, you said yesterday in your blog post that there were a lot of reviews submitted and given the figure you quoted, I don't believe I should be ranked at number 18. From memory it said I was ranked at 22 immediately after completing the review. Hope this helps.
Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: ...Aet and Bog sometimes sound like a comedy duo.

Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: Just pointing it out.

The neap tide draws.
The Kellerok nears.
Caterjunes.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 am
noninjaes says...

When clicking "See [name]s posts" it still only shows posts from before January 2.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:33 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hi there, Nate ^^
Um.. I'm not sure should I post it here, but it happened a few times now, so I guess it is a bug..

The thing is, I post on someone's wall or reply to someone's post on their wall, and though it says my comment was submitted, it's just not there. It looks like this on boyan's wall: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/profile.php?u=23896
It's kind of funny, but it's also rather weird and confuses people.

Also, I've been getting notifications saying "xy user replied to your reply on AriaAdams's Wall" Not only that there's no my reply, but the first time I got that there wasn't any post on AriaAdams's (mine) wall at all. When I click on the linked words "your reply" in the notification, I'm just redirected to the latest post on my wall (which has no replies)..
Oh, and sometimes notification says "xy user replied to a message on your wall".. in that case, when I click "your wall", it shows the message and the reply normally, on my wall, where I knew they were.

I'm working in Chrome, v.23.0.1271.91, on Mac Lion (if that makes a difference)..

Thanks in advance,
Aria :)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb