z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:53 pm
Nate says...

@Rubric ->> It looks like when @SirLight went to quote your comment, he accidentally edited it instead. It happens sometimes with moderating.

@SirLight ->> Can you remove your content from Rubric's post here: (USA) Pro or Anti Death Penalty?

Gracias!

@ChieRynn ->> The link itself is bad. If you open it up in a new window, you get an error message. I think in order to embed it using the media tag, you have to copy the embed text and remove all the text except for the actual link itself. Let's see...

phpBB [media]

Code: Select all
[media]http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s1Z08Oz5tArM&autoplay=0[/media]

Edit

Nope, didn't work as it's not a supported url. Unfortunately, unless they allow embedding it as an MP3, which it does not appear that they do, you'll have to just link to it on YWS.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:58 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Ok, thanks. I'll try a different upload site.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:11 pm
Lightsong says...

@Nate: Done.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

425 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:37 pm
Vervain says...

Just so you know, when attempting to navigate to YWS via the url bar, I usually just go to youngwriterssociety.com. However, doing that now (I'm presuming post-maintenance) redirects me to the "YWS is down" page at errorpages/down.php -- using Google Chrome, Version 54.0.2840.99 m.

Navigating to https://www.youngwriterssociety.com seems to be fine, it's just the abbreviated address that's not working.
stay off the faerie paths

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:42 am
Nate says...

Thanks @Lareine for letting me know. I think I've fixed the issue now. Let me know if it's still happening.

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:57 am
Vervain says...

It appears to be fixed! Thanks, Nate!
stay off the faerie paths

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:03 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I tried using the date coding in a thread in the Storybooking Forum, but it won't seem to work.

Code: Select all
[date]01/10/2017, 18:35 GMT[/date]

That is the code I used, but this is all it shows: . I've checked my post in the Big Book of YWS Codes and your Break the Chat announcement, and the coding works fine in those, but I can't seem to get it to work now. Though I could be doing something wrong, I don't know what. Please let me know how I can make it work. XD

EDIT: I tried it without the comma, which resulted in: . Problem solved! Sorry for the bother.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
β€” Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:27 pm
Mageheart says...

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be removed, but there's been no cake day notifications in the people tab. I'm not exactly sure how long they've been gone, but I do know it has been at least four days.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

425 Reviews

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for the heads up @Mage! They should be working now, although they won't work retroactively. If they're still not showing up a couple days from now, just give me a shout.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 am
ScarlettFire says...

@Nate just letting you know I can't upload word documents in the Publishing Center. I'm trying to upload .docx files. They worked before, but not now. (I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd put it here just in case.) For now, it seems I'm copy/pasting. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

β€œIt's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm
Featherstone says...

I use Safari, and the problem occurred around 11:00 PST today. I was in the Admin section of the Role-play Geeks club and tried to change the banner to a picture I have on my desktop. It would upload the file, and I would hit submit, but it wouldn't change the banner. When I returned to the Admin tab it remained unchanged. @ChieRynn said the same thing happened to her in Hawkland, but I don't know details.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:12 pm
Nate says...

@ScarlettFire ->> Thanks for the heads up! I'll start looking into this soon.

@Featherstone9086 ->> There is a bug where when a banner is too large, no error is displayed. Try decreasing the file size of it to below 100kb, and it should go through fine.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 am
Featherstone says...

It worked! Thanks, @Nate.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:51 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

@Nate, just a heads up that WFP is down.

Im using Chrome and i refresh every ten-fifteen minutes but it only gives me a page that says that the connection got reset. @ScarlettFire is having the same issue
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

117 Reviews

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:59 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Remembrance wrote:@ Nate, just a heads up that WFP is down.

Im using Chrome and i refresh every ten-fifteen minutes but it only gives me a page that says that the connection got reset. @ ScarlettFire is having the same issue

Same here! Though for me it says "didn't send any data" (err_empty_response)
β€’ previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain