z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:51 pm
Pretzelstick says...

So,on the lazy wall club,this is what happened. Double-posting and then the same reply on each post. To clarify,I saw this on my People's tab,not directly on their wall. Any fixures :>?
EDIT: I am using Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m
Attachments
screenshot-www.youngwriterssociety.com 2015-06-20 13-49-06.png
Last edited by Pretzelstick on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:54 pm
Auxiira says...

Do you still see it twice after refreshing the page, @pretzelsing?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

346 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:56 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Yes, @Auxiira-I have refreshed the People's page a couple of times and this still remains as two of them.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

67 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:58 pm
Auxiira says...

'kay, just checking, cause I only see one.

don't forget to give your browser and its version!

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:57 am
Nate says...

@Pretzelsing ->> It looks like what happened is that somehow you were subscribed twice to the Lazy Club. Hence, for every update, you'd see it twice! I've gone ahead and deleted the duplicate subscription. Sorry about that, and the bug that caused it in the first place will be fixed quite soon!

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:19 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I don't know if this is a site bug or a personal phone bug but I can't get on yws with my phone but I can get on yws on my dad's phone. When I try with my phone it says "secure connection failed." The thing is, it used to work, like about a year ago maybe. Perhaps a little less. This is all of YWS. I also tried co.uk for kicks. That didn't work either. Same message.
This is probably because my phone is not very smart for a smartphone. I have a tracfone. I don't remember any more descriptive details than that.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:50 am
Nate says...

@fortis ->> Can you please provide the browser, and the type of phone?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm
Pretzelstick says...

This happened another time on the People's tab for a club wall post,just wanted to document it for you Nate.

Spoiler! :
screenshot-www.youngwriterssociety.com 2015-06-21 09-24-43.png
~George R. Martin

got yws?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:45 pm
Rook says...

I have no idea what the browser is, it's just the phone's regular and only browser. I looked up the model: it's an LG 840G. I hope that's what you mean by type.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:44 am
AlmondEyes says...

For some time now, I've been having a problem trying to change my password. Every time I try to reset it, I never get an E-mail notification. I had to have another mod reset it for me.

I'm using Chrome, version 43.0.2357.124
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:43 pm
View Likes
Pinkratgirl says...

I had just submitted a review for "Shadow Princess: Chapter 4" and it asked me if I would like to go back to the Green Room. I clicked yes and suddenly an error message popped up and said "ERROR: PLEASE CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR IMMEDIATELY" after that message popped up it quickly dis speared and put me in the green room. In the corner in the about me spot I noticed that all the information about me was wrong and that I was on the "Shadow Princess" author's account and that I could access everything of hers. Like the nice person I am, I immediately signed out of her account (making sure my computer didn't save her password) and signed back into my account to report the problem because if this happened to someone mean they could have possibly ruined all her stories and found out about all her personal information. This happened around 1:30 pm on June 24th 2015. My browser is Google on Firefox.
"Once upon a time is the beginning of something better."
Tumblr: http://saltikitti.tumblr.com/
Archive of Our Own: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Saltikitti/pseuds/Saltikitti

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:02 am
Messenger says...

Hey Nate, the #LMS isn't working. Not sure why.

67 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:42 pm
Auxiira says...

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to report that. Basically, we can't see the results for any hashtag.

Tried on the latest version of Safari and.... A recent version of Google Chrome not sure which.

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm
Vervain says...

I've actually noticed that while /hash/LMS doesn't work, /hash/lms does -- basically, take out the caps, and it'll give you results. It's a little weird, yeah, but it shows the results for #LMS.

--edit: Just tried browsing /hash/lms and got this error message:
Spoiler! :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

SELECT username, user_id, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_colour, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height FROM yws_users WHERE user_id IN()

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/people.php
LINE: 150
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

It seemed to be caused by part of a post I actually made xD I edited out the part with parentheses, and it's working again. I'm on Google Chrome as well, version 43.0.2357.124.
stay off the faerie paths

346 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Well, I thought that I should report this because it's a bug that I think needs to get fixed. Every time that I have to log into YWS from any of my devices(computer, iPhone,tablet,etc) I have to click the login button twice for it to connect,even though I have all of my username and password correct :/
Clicking twice every time kind of gets annoying.
I'm using Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m
~George R. Martin

got yws?

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind