Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue May 17, 2016 8:53 pm
Mea says...

Whenever I try to edit my blog settings, I get this error:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 5.50.39 AM.png

And when I go back to my settings screen, the things I changed haven't saved.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu May 19, 2016 7:23 pm
Holysocks says...

I can't seem to upload any works into the Publishing Centre. I click the upload button, choose a document, it thinks about it, and then it comes up blank. I tried a couple different documents to see if there was something weird with that but it was the same thing.

EDIT: I also think there's a few things acting up with the clubs. A club that I have for my novel doesn't show up on the main club area when a new post is made. I thought this was because there were't a lot of members or because it just wasn't that active, but I'm not sure. Also it didn't seem to want to let me post as the club on the wall; when I pressed the button it just posted as me.

Not sure if this is helpful but I use Windows 7 and Chrome.
100% autistic

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat May 21, 2016 5:50 am
Wolfi says...

This might be linked to Holysock's issue with the Publishing Center, as I am unable to edit a certain work, Red Wolf . Especially now that it (somehow :p) got featured, I have some things I'd like to fix, but when I click on "Edit work," only most of the first paragraph shows up in the editing box (see attached). Clicking "Preview" shows only that first paragraph, as well. As far as I can remember, editing worked just fine for me shortly after I published it, but today it hasn't at all.

Both Windows 10 Firefox and my LG tablet's browser have the same results. I can edit all other works, however, without difficulty.

Thanks, Nate!
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 21, 2016 10:17 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for reporting the bugs @Holysocks and @Wolfical. These sound like pretty serious bugs, so I'll look at them asap.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon May 23, 2016 9:48 pm
Brigadier says...

I've had the problem on my laptop (Chrome, Windows 7) and my phone (iOS 9.2.1).

I know before that the chat cursing filters got a bit messed up. It's happening again but it's almost selective. The same word will show up and sometimes it's filtered, sometimes not.
It isn't much of a bother to me but I'm sure it might be to some people. Or maybe it's not happening to anyone else. Just reporting it just in case.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

425 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 5:22 pm
Nate says...

@ElizabethLovelace ->> Are those the chat filters in the chatbar or the chat room? Also, if it's possible, can you send me a PM with the words that are (or aren't) being filtered? Thanks!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 pm
Mageheart says...

I can't change the settings for my storybook. I did set it for Closed, but on the storybook page it still says it's accepting new participants.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm
niteowl says...

There seems to be an odd bug that has something to do with mentions in clubs. I got a notification that I was mentioned here, but the link in my notifications took me here. Looking at the URLs, it might have something to do with the c=###### at the end, since they're the same for both comments.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 6:17 pm
Nate says...

Fixing bugs one by one...

@AstralHunter ->> I've increased the max session length to 2 hours. However, that may not necessarily work depending on your browser. However, if you tick the "Remember me" box when logging in, that will keep you logged in until you explicitly log out.

425 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 pm
Nate says...

@Magestorrow ->> Club link added back to the sidebar for members with 5+ reviews! Thanks again for reporting the bug.

Everyone ->> Just as a quick reminder to whomever may be reading this, members with 5+ reviews can easily create a club directly from the Clubs page. For new members, they can still do so, but must go through the settings dashboard to the clubs tab there.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue May 31, 2016 6:39 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thanks for the fix, Nate! I'll definitely use the "Keep me logged in" feature from now on. I feel stupid for forgetting that existed. XD

Thank you, once again. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

425 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 6:49 pm
Nate says...

A number of people have noted bugs in the announcements script. The announcements script controls the announcements on the People page for:
- Review star announcements
- Username changes
- Cake days

The last has not worked since 2014! I had no idea.

In any case, all should be working now. Thank you to everyone who reported the errors.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

Review star announcements are working for me! Mine's visible :)

However, LadySpark's username change to GloriousBlazes hasn't shown up yet.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

425 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2016 8:12 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Meandbooks ->> Fixed the blog CSS error. Sorry for the delay!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon