z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:51 am
steampowered says...

I've had the same issue as Pinkratgirl in that I've been getting error messages telling me to contact the administrator immediately when I try and get back to the "Return to Novel section" after writing a review. I haven't yet found myself logged into anyone's account, but I thought I should report it.

I'm using Chrome version 43.0.2357.130.
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Lately, every time someone posts on the LMS club, I've been getting two notifications, and when I clicked on the "My Clubs" page, the LMS club was there twice. I think I'm accidentally subscribed to it twice, like @Pretzelsing was.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:35 pm
Sonder says...

I'm not sure whether this is the site or my computer, but when I try to make cover art, it lets me go through all the steps until the very end. I press the "Create" button, and then I get an "Error 520" thing that tells me that the connection from the site or whatever was broken. Not sure why, but when I tried it without adding colors or moving the fonts around, it worked fine. I'm using a Chromebook and I'm on Chrome. Not sure what version.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:04 pm
Iggy says...

Hey Nate, not sure if it was mentioned before, but in clubs, if you use an apostrophe, it will add a backslash before it. It does that for titles and descriptions, I believe.

I'm on my iPhone 5C, using safari if that makes a difference.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:45 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

It's been doing the thing Iggy mentioned ever since I joined YWS, on my iPad/Phone/anything but a computer, for the record.

But that's not why I'm here. @Nate, clubs are being weird to me D:
I posted a thing on the LMS club's wall, and when I tried to reply to it, at first it just came out blank and then it posted as a new comment, but shown as if the Club wrote it. Since I'm not even an admin of that club, that shouldn't even be possible, so uh o.o

(Sorry, @Tenyo, lol. It wasn't intentional)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 pm
Snoops says...

Hi Nate, I have a problem. My chat bar isn't working anymore and I am on my computer, it had stopped before but then worked again the next day so I didn't think much of it. Now, it hasn't worked for a couple days. When I click on a user to talk to, the site crashes and I have to restart it.
"Keep calm, drink tea and hide under the bedcovers"

Previously Lau2001

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm
Love says...

Hello! So I have come across an error lately that seems to prevent me from sharing a specific work with others.

I have posted this many months ago: Streams of Futility - Prologue

It received a few reviews and Likes, and all seemed well.

However, when I tried to share it with a person today, she reported that it was saved as a Draft and unreadable, despite being able to see it in my portfolio folder. I tried to Publish it (despite having done so before), but don't have enough points, so it seems to consider the work unpublished for some reason.

I messaged Iggy about it, and she said that she could not see the work despite the fact that she should be able to due to her being a moderator, telling me to PM you.

So yes... Thank you!
I was Amareth :)

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:52 pm
Morrigan says...

I'm not too concernicus rex about it, but the countdown for xmas in July is at 0,0,0, but Iggy tells me that it hasn't started yet. Also, isn't the code on the post supposed to convert it to local time? I'm in Central Standard and it says 5pm, yet someone in PST also says it says 5pm.

This happens for me for review day sometimes, too, but it works itself out, usually.

Here is what it looks like: Image
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

289 Reviews

Reviews: 289
Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:46 am
MissGangamash says...

Browser - Internet Explorer

Time error occurred - 5 days and then just now.

When I press publish work, an error page comes up and when I press back, my work has been saved in drafts and my 350 coins are gone.

This is what the error page says:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Data too long for column 'shortdesc' at row 1 [1406]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 am
Lorelie says...

I'm using Firefox 39.0.3 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit.

I've got a draft titled "a" at my Publishing Center. It was created at . I can edit it, but I can't see it on the "Manage Drafts" section. I want to delete it, but I can't.
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 am
Lorelie says...

I'm using Firefox 39.0.3 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit.

Date of occurrence:
Description: I was replying on the Welcome Mat thread Hey, I'm new here! and then I noticed I didn't get my 5 points. That's strange, it's the the second reply, but I did get 5 points from the first time I tried it...
There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.
— Mary Kay Ash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:48 pm
Nate says...

@Lorelie ->> You only earn 5 points for the first reply you make in a thread. Please see here for more details: You can now earn points in the Welcome Mat

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:01 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I do believe the Spotlight should not being doing this.

Chrome; Version 44.0.2403.155 m
For most of today, but as of the time of this post.
Using Windows 8.1

It seems to be glitching? I'm not sure why. But it's just on the homepage, and it seems to happen when cycling through the works. At the moment, it's not glitching on Nightcrawler's poem. I was just sitting on the homepage, so yeah. It's weird. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.

"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:19 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I seem to be unable to join a review team. The bar is there with the count-down and team names, but there is no button to join a review team. I'm able to go to each team page, and I see that others have been able to join.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:49 pm
Mea says...

I'm also having @Carlito's problem.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)