Young Writers Society

How to Modify Your Blog

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:23 pm
View Likes
SmylinG says...

Oh no. I am blind. 0_0 Thanks, Snoink. :lol:
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm
View Likes
evfreak13 says...

On my blog, how do I write something on the little bar on the top that only says "my blog?"
This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.
Leonard Bernstein .

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Under "blogs", go to "Blog Config". Look over your following list for three options: Blog Settings, Blog Title and Description and Blog Permissions.

Click "Blog Title and Description" to retitle your blog. ^^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 am
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Mmm, a quick question: Is there anyway to export your YWS blog to your computer? Like, if the internet were to one day die in the nuclear fires of cyberwar, is it possible to have backed up the years of personal musings on your blog to your harddrive?
I am reminded of the babe by you.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:44 am
View Likes
Nate says...

GryphonFledgling wrote:Mmm, a quick question: Is there anyway to export your YWS blog to your computer? Like, if the internet were to one day die in the nuclear fires of cyberwar, is it possible to have backed up the years of personal musings on your blog to your harddrive?

Nope, but that's a good idea.

In a couple months here, I'll be doing a major YWS renovation. At that time, please remind me to create some way of exporting your blog posts, and even your literary works as well. It shouldn't be difficult, but what I'd really like to do is to make it such that you could then import your blog posts into Wordpress.

In the meantime, if you need your blog posts exported, send me a PM and I can do it for you. Just please be mindful that it's a process that'd probably take me at least 30 minutes.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:13 am
View Likes
CuteJackRussell says...

Thanks so much for making this page Snoink, I have been wondering how to do that for ages and now I know!
Hello,
I doubt you will take the time to look at this signature, you are all busy people and I respect that, but if you do know this. Every bit of criticism on my writing has helped and every bit of advice you have given me has also helped. So thank you, for everything.
From CuteJackRussell xoxox

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 am
Auxiira says...

@Snoink, I love you. I am still spending time floundering around, and will probably come back here for help, but this makes it a lot easier! <3

*slowly gets there*

Okay, question about the header. How do I change stuff in there?
Still about the header though... I can't get my title in the middle, and my description underneath, still in the middle... Help?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm
Snoink says...

Nate wrote:
GryphonFledgling wrote:Mmm, a quick question: Is there anyway to export your YWS blog to your computer? Like, if the internet were to one day die in the nuclear fires of cyberwar, is it possible to have backed up the years of personal musings on your blog to your harddrive?

Nope, but that's a good idea.

In a couple months here, I'll be doing a major YWS renovation. At that time, please remind me to create some way of exporting your blog posts, and even your literary works as well. It shouldn't be difficult, but what I'd really like to do is to make it such that you could then import your blog posts into Wordpress.

In the meantime, if you need your blog posts exported, send me a PM and I can do it for you. Just please be mindful that it's a process that'd probably take me at least 30 minutes.

@Nate, did you ever do this? *curious* I know I forgot to remind you! :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri May 08, 2015 7:13 pm
Nate says...

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to at the time. It was beyond my skill level back then.

But, I've gotten quite a bit better since. I've been thinking of transitioning all the blogs over to Wordpress format, and if that happens, then an export tool will be built to handle that.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 am
Snoink says...

That would be really super cool. Wordpress is such a beautiful platform, and you can really do awesome things to customize it!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.