Young Writers Society

Report a Site Bug

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Safari

OS: Windows. I've also tried on a mac and I had the same problem.

Time: It's been happening for months but I never really knew where to report it until now?

Issue: WFP won't let me use an apostrophe in the main block of text. I can type one in the chat, and I can copy-paste on into the block of text, but if I actually press the apostrophe button, it acts like I pressed enter. I've tried using a mac vs my pc, I've tried different browsers, and it still happens. It hasn't happened to anyone else I know. It still occurs even if I'm on someone else's pad, so I think it has to do with my account.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:13 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Site had a few outages saying "server unavailable" around 9:00 pm central time 8/11/20, a few other people seemed to experience it too -> went on for maybe 10 minutes?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:09 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Reported by Tuckster in a WFP; screenshot via Discord.

Browser: Chrome
Issue: Site eats people's literary works (takes points but does not publish or save as a draft) - I'm posting this now because Tuck was able to give me details about what she saw, but we've had several member reports about this issue over the past few months. Sometimes the literary work appears in their drafts instead of published. Other times, as here, the literary work doesn't save anywhere, and we have to reimburse the member's poinnts.

After Tuck published, it did the usual "click here to go to" message, but it didn't show the title of the work in the message. When she clicked the link, she got this message:

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:25 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Browser
Safari on IPhone

Issue
When using pm’s, I’ll try to type an emoji and it will display an error screen and not go through. It’s really annoying, and maybe you could fix it? Here’s the error screen:
Attachments
5043DC87-374D-4EF9-A605-7A1BEA6D08E8.jpeg
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:54 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

@winterwolf0100 says...

Time: It's been happening for months but I never really knew where to report it until now?

Issue: WFP won't let me use an apostrophe in the main block of text. I can type one in the chat, and I can copy-paste on into the block of text, but if I actually press the apostrophe button, it acts like I pressed enter. I've tried using a mac vs my pc, I've tried different browsers, and it still happens. It hasn't happened to anyone else I know. It still occurs even if I'm on someone else's pad, so I think it has to do with my account.

I don't think it has to do with you're account because its happened to me all the time on WFP I use Firefox, for me it has happened every sins I went on my first WFP. and I even changed my computer because my last one broke, and its still giving me the same problem.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Vulcanite, I know a few other people who it has happened to, but I also know plenty of people who it isn’t happening to, which makes me think it isn’t about wfp in general, but just about certain users using it.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:34 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

WFP is down again for about two hours as of this post. I'm using google chrome and windows 10. And I'm not the only one it's down for.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at scarlettfire.writerfeedpad.com Port 443
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:44 pm
LittleLee says...

Vulcanite wrote:
@winterwolf0100 says...

I don't think it has to do with you're account because its happened to me all the time on WFP I use Firefox, for me it has happened every sins I went on my first WFP. and I even changed my computer because my last one broke, and its still giving me the same problem.

The exact thing still happens with me. I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:26 pm
Ignorance says...

Browser: Safari

Operating System: IPhone 8+

Issue: So, in the private messages, I’ve stopped receiving notifications via email for my pm’s. This may be a site bug, a mod said, so maybe you could look into this?
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:03 am
View Likes
momonster says...

LittleLee wrote:
Vulcanite wrote:
@winterwolf0100 says...

The exact thing still happens with me. I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol.

same thing. maybe a bug in WFP?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

105 Reviews

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 pm
momonster says...

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at harryhardy.writerfeedpad.com Port 443

got this message when trying to log onto WFP. i am using Mozilla Firefox. it happened 12:20
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Hari1998 says...

Browser : Safari

O.S : Mac

Time : 04.33 EST

I deleted one of my previous stories in order to edit it and after editing the content I couldn’t find the publish it button on the draft.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:26 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Browser: Google Chrome

Device: Chromebook

Timing: @Stringbean accidentally did it a few times; I duplicated the issue a few hours after noon yesterday (Oct. 5).

What Happened:

Posting [._.] in the chats seem to crash WFPs. @BluesClues was unable to re-create it, but for myself and Stringbean, it went like this:

1. WFP full of precious words
2. [._.] posted in chat
3. Refreshed/closed out of WFP
4. Returned to find literally nothing in the pad with only a few posts in the chat. All of the stuff is still in the timeslider-- the timeslider says everything's still in there-- but it's just blank.

Not sure if this is a YWS or pad issue, @Nate, but BC recommended I include it here! <3
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

105 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm
momonster says...

Service Unavailable

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at lordmomo.writerfeedpad.com Port 443

Received this message at 11:30 ET when using Mozilla Firefox.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I got this message today at approximately 9:25 AM EST when using Firefox on the most recent version of Windows:

It showed up when I was trying to log out of my account.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream